HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
Interesting. Any idea how it was decided how long to leave a red spot on the map? Construction start until it was finished?
No, and I didn't know what tertiary meant until I looked it up. Why couldn't he just say 3rd tier city, or did I miss the definition all together? I couldn't enlarge the video enough to read any captions, but I'm assuming the swelling of the red mass indicating construction activity to the north of dt was the Domain and surrounding area.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 12:49 AM

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 11:49 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Enclave on Cooper Lane
http://www.mymilestone.com/enclave-o...lane/index.php

Funky little houses in South Austin on a street I frequent every week on my way to church. Never thought I'd see modern houses like these in that neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 12:00 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Right up the street are the Cooper Villas. These condos have also popped up overnight it seems.
http://www.coopervillas.com/overview/

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 12:01 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

I know these aren't crazy dense projects, so some of y'all will complain like in the past. I only posted them because I was surprised anything at all was going in on Cooper Lane.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 3:47 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
I know these aren't crazy dense projects, so some of y'all will complain like in the past. I only posted them because I was surprised anything at all was going in on Cooper Lane.
No I like them! Developments like that are also part of the story of the changes in Austin right now. Especially when the architecture is cool or notable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Flatiron @The Domain

5-story mid-rise consisting of 371 units by Stonelake Capital Partners and Streetlights Residential.

This has been driving me nuts since I just saw it, but does anyone have info or could guess where the Flatiron @ Domain project will be located within the development? I haven't been able to figure it out and I'm interested to see what it's near and how it's going to further the knitting together of the urbanism at the Domain.

Please and thank you

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
No I like them! Developments like that are also part of the story of the changes in Austin right now. Especially when the architecture is cool or notable.

This has been driving me nuts since I just saw it, but does anyone have info or could guess where the Flatiron @ Domain project will be located within the development? I haven't been able to figure it out and I'm interested to see what it's near and how it's going to further the knitting together of the urbanism at the Domain.

Please and thank you
this ABJ article lists the address at 11400 Burnet Road but it's hard to guess where that is exactly. maybe it takes the place of one of the triangular parking lots in the area

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...ly-retail.html

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
this ABJ article lists the address at 11400 Burnet Road but it's hard to guess where that is exactly. maybe it takes the place of one of the triangular parking lots in the area

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...ly-retail.html
Some clues here: http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=246053

Probably the area labeled "Lot 1" on page 3, which is the parking lot between Lone Star Court and IBM Building 45.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 6:43 PM
Meh

Quote:
I actually like those. I will say they tried with the designs. I think they look nice. I don't have a problem so much with it not being dense. Cooper isn't really a street that can support much density. At least not now anyway, and not unless they widen it. I was just down there earlier this week, but I didn't see the entrance. We were going "the back way" to my brother's house to avoid the main streets and miss all the lights and traffic.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 7:46 PM

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 10:41 PM

3114 South Congress

Quote:
0.299 Acres with 20,200 liveable square feet

20 Luxury Condo Units

Studios – 466 sqft – Prices starting at $149,000
1 bedrooms – 860 – 963 sqft – Prices starting at $269,000
2 bedrooms – 1310 – 1418 sqft – Prices starting at $379,000

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 11:32 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Cool. Is this in that lot next door to the Crow Bar?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 6:06 PM

Yep! I believe it's already underway.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2016, 9:44 PM
Meh

Republic Square Park improvement plans.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...ject_PLANS.pdf

Charles Schwab campus plans - 2309 Gracy Farms Lane. 3 buildings. The elevations show the taller two to be 93 feet 4 inches to the top of the mechanical penthouse with 5 floors.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...mpus_PLANS.pdf

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Feb 3, 2016 at 10:02 PM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 12:29 AM

Here were the three final concepts for Republic Square Park compared with the final design. Do we know how long this will be under construction?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 12:54 AM

Anyone know whats going up at the southeast corner of SH130 and 290. Appears to be some tilt wall buildings.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 1:28 AM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
Anyone know whats going up at the southeast corner of SH130 and 290. Appears to be some tilt wall buildings.
Beer Distributor.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
Do we know how long this will be under construction?
I think I read "late 2017" for planned completion... Somewhere... Once...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 10:59 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
I don't remember where it was we were talking about Lamar Beach and how most of the land's use is restricted to parkland of some sort because of floor plain issues. Using the current master plan frameworks as a starting place (found here), you can easily see where something more politically ingenious could be crafted:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...40&usp=sharing

Here's how you see a master plan like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...40&usp=sharing

1. It fixes ingress and egress times into downtown during peak hours through Cesar Chavez expansion and removal of bottlenecks and new connections expanding the downtown grid.

2. It increases the usable space of parkland and public amenities and their ease of access.

3. Public amenity improvements are funded partially through select parcels (those outside the floodplain) being sold to developers, with a strict guarantee for affordable housing components.

So, (a) it alleviates traffic problems, (b) it increases usable park space, (c) densifies the core.

Which makes something like this a really easy political "sell" because you'd have appeased suburbanites (a), the NIMBYs (a and b), the environmentalists (a, b, and/or c depending on what kind of environmentalism), the hippies (b), the political establishment (a and c), the urbanists (a, b, and c), and the developers (c) while only pissing off the NIMBYs (c) and even then I can see them stomaching (c) if (a)/(b) are happening at the same time.

And there'd be so much positive spill-off from reconnecting the area, the parks not only would have more usable space but they'd be so much more easily accessible from so many more directions, spreading that traffic around and requiring that it be removed from Cesar Chavez, to the savior of traffic woes throughout the area, and the detriment to the railroad would be negligible: only one or two (or maybe three, if we're feeling adventurous at Orchard) more at grade crossings than already exist in an area where the train is already encumbered by crossings. In fact, if LoneStar ever got off the ground, a stop here (maybe along West 3rd at West Lynn) would be significant for both regional and interregional mass transportation.

We need more creative thinking at the policy level for this part of downtown.

Last edited by wwmiv; Feb 5, 2016 at 11:25 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2016, 1:34 AM

Decided today to go downtown and explore a little bit. While I was out for only a brief moment do to the fact I was in flip flops (my shoes where wet) was a little bit chilli.

5th + Colorado finishing up the exterior.

Seaholm Tower looking great!

Aspen Heights Tower & Seven

Demolishion at the former Austin Energy Contol Center is about finished making way for The Independent.

5th + West should be rising soon since excavation is nearly complete.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin