HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 17, 2014, 11:43 PM

Noticed that Rio Can has listed "Sleep Country" to their Corbett Centre property on the location long rumoured to be a coffee shop/Tim Horton's (Building E1)

http://www.riocan.com/docs/default-s...e.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 12:59 AM

I figured Sleep Country would be coming, currently under construction in Saint John.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 2:23 AM

I wonder if they will start construction before winter?

Framing has started to go up for the northside French school.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 1:17 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Noticed that Rio Can has listed "Sleep Country" to their Corbett Centre property on the location long rumoured to be a coffee shop/Tim Horton's (Building E1)

http://www.riocan.com/docs/default-s...e.pdf?sfvrsn=0
Not to sound like a negative nancy, that is the last thing we need is another discounted mattress location in Fredericton. I think it is a total waste of space. Just like the dollar rama on the north side wal-mart. #wakeupfredericton

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I wonder if they will start construction before winter?

Framing has started to go up for the northside French school.
I would guess that they would want to start the Sleep Country store before snow flies. Figure that is the reason they have left all that "fill" piled up at that site from the HomeSense build. Would indicate to me that they will at least start the site prep this year at a minimum.

Would like to see something more exciting going into that spot but it is what it is. At least it is a "new-to-market" store rather than a already existing brand. There is approx. 27K SQ Ft of development space left in this Corbett Centre phase. I expect that that will now go rather quickly. Be interesting to see where the Big box stores locate after that is full.

Anyone heard any new rumours re the Brookside Mall?

Last edited by Freddypop; Aug 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 5:27 PM

Looks like they are putting in a fully signalized intersection at the entrance to LHHS; I thought there was supposed to be a roundabout there?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Looks like they are putting in a fully signalized intersection at the entrance to LHHS; I thought there was supposed to be a roundabout there?
I remember reading in the paper a while back that they opted for a signalized intersection there in place of a roundabout, cant remember specifically why, but they said lights would be better there for some reason.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 9:25 PM

City opted for traffic lights. Original plan was for a round-about but pedestrian traffic, due to LLHS, would be better handled by traffic light system

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 12:41 PM

There's been some activity at the site of the future Subaru dealership on Bishop, and there's heavy equipment there today so it looks like they are going to start construction.

Also, they've poured two foundations at the site of the new Speedy on Bishop. Not sure what that's all about.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
There's been some activity at the site of the future Subaru dealership on Bishop, and there's heavy equipment there today so it looks like they are going to start construction.

Also, they've poured two foundations at the site of the new Speedy on Bishop. Not sure what that's all about.
Thought they were just parking equipment and materials there for the Smythe Street roadwork and round-about-project on that site.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 12:49 PM

Oh maybe, I didn't know they were working on that side of Route 8 this year.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Not to sound like a negative nancy, that is the last thing we need is another discounted mattress location in Fredericton. I think it is a total waste of space. Just like the dollar rama on the north side wal-mart. #wakeupfredericton
That's true, but it's better than the previously rumored Tim Hortons. This is at least a new brand moving into the market.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Oh maybe, I didn't know they were working on that side of Route 8 this year.
Pretty sure the equipment is for the work scheduled to start on Bishop drive (widening in prep for roundabout). I remember seeing in the paper a while back that they were starting that in late Aug or early Sept.

Also I see that the Regent overpass work is now complete and both southbound lanes are now open.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Also I see that the Regent overpass work is now complete and both southbound lanes are now open.
That's good. Didn't they say that might not be done till September?

They've started sealing the concrete on the Northbound lanes of Westmorland, so hopefully they can get the lanes reopened soonish, even if they need to do more ramp work.

(Just got back from Vacation, so I'm just catching up now. )

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 4:26 PM

The lanes will be open by Monday according to a PNB spokesperson

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 12:53 AM

They have begun to tear down the old brick building at the end of Argyle Street. If I remember rightly, from an earlier posting, they are planning to build apartments in that location.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeple Shanks View Post
They have begun to tear down the old brick building at the end of Argyle Street. If I remember rightly, from an earlier posting, they are planning to build apartments in that location.
Yeah that's right, two apartment buildings.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 12:33 PM
The Sheriff

Hey Taeloes

Bus fares are going up 0.25$ per ride and by 2.50$ for a ten rider card

Then in the new year will raise another 0.25 cents to 2.75. and 10$ for monthly adult and student passes

Still cheaper then getting a car though

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 12:38 PM

Yeah. I just wish they weren't scapegoating the Lincoln/Silverwood runs as the 'reason' for this. Everyone knows damn well that if the routes are scrapped, the rates aren't going down.

I also wish they would just bite the damn bullet and bring in Sunday service so we could have 7 day a week coverage and start building from there. The half-assed way they are doing it now is akin to building a house and only pouring 3/4 (ok 6/7ths) of the foundation.

There are other options that I'm sure the transportation committee didn't even consider. Like raising the rates of the senior passes. 50$/year is more than a bit low considering everyone else is paying 840$/year. (Most other transit systems are 50$/month for Seniors). And parking rates (which increasing could encourage bus use) could have been considered too. Hell, they could even have looked at charging Saturday parking downtown.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 12:44 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Yeah. I just wish they weren't scapegoating the Lincoln/Silverwood runs as the 'reason' for this. Everyone knows damn well that if the routes are scrapped, the rates aren't going down.

I also wish they would just bite the damn bullet and bring in Sunday service so we could have 7 day a week coverage and start building from there. The half-assed way they are doing it now is akin to building a house and only pouring 3/4 (ok 6/7ths) of the foundation.

its all business guys.

Good news homesense is opening today and there is a line up of 250 people waiting to get in.

Just kidding. Good to see another store opening up there. I see Hallmark in the regent mall is cleared out. Any news when its going to open up ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces