HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Just a rumour as far as I know, but the argument is that this is where they would put their gas bar. I don't know how much credence this rumour has…...
I wonder if they would actually take the building down just to build a gas bar and expand parking lol.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Maritime/Ontario Trucking Terminal on Berry Mills Road - Facts:

- opening summer or fall 2015
- total site 46 acres of which M&O are currently developing 18 acres
- total cost for current construction $18.5M
- two storey pre-cast concrete & glass building with dozens of bays
- to be built to the highest standards and specifications to allow for food distribution
- will be the principal distribution centre for the entire Maritimes
Speaking or gas bars, wouldn't this project prompt the need of another gas bar in the area? Not sure if Shell/Tim's could handle all that extra traffic or maybe M&O fuels up their own vehicles onsite.

And there was a previous mention on this thread that Irving owns a good portion of land all around the TCH Berrymills area. Could we see another Irving Big Stop coming soon?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 11:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now a crane on site for this apartment building on the north end of Mountain Road near the Magnetic Hill Home Hardware:

Old Posted Jul 20, 2014, 11:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

from the City of Moncton website:

Construction on Northwest Trail

July 18, 2014

MONCTON – The City of Moncton would like to advise the public that construction on the Northwest Trail will begin on Monday, July 21, 2014. There will be construction from the intersection of Edinburgh Drive and Berry Mills Road to the intersection of Millennium Boulevard and Killam Drive.

This project is part of the ongoing implementation of the City of Moncton’s Active Transportation Plan. Once complete, trail users will have access to a 10 km trail that will allow bikers and walkers to commute directly from Moncton’s north end to the Downtown.

Construction will be ongoing throughout the summer and is scheduled for completion mid-October.

The City regrets any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates your patience during the construction.

For more information, please contact the City of Moncton’s Parks and Leisure Services department at 853-3516.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 7:14 PM

After what, 4-5 years I guess, the lot next to the Hampton Inn has FINALLY sold. Noticed coming home today it has a sold sign on it which I don't believe was there last week.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Final phase to start on zoo’s Asian exhibit
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Times and Transcript
By: Brent Mazerolle

The final phase of creating a new home for the Magnetic Hill Zoo’s star attractions is now underway.

Moncton city council awarded the contract for completing the zoo’s new Asian exhibit, home to the zoo’s two new Amur tigers, to Hansen Signs at their regular public meeting last night.

“We’re hoping to get done by Sept. 23, so we’ll have three days’leeway. The international zoo community is coming to town on Sept. 26,” Magnetic Hill Zoo manager Bruce Dougan told council, referring to the zoo’s hosting of a conference of zoo officials from across Canada and parts of the United States.

Hansen Signs will be responsible for design and fabrication services of all of the exhibit’s interpretive elements, working collaboratively with Moncton’s Trace Design and two Seattle-based zoo designers the zoo has worked with before.

read more:
http://22864.vws.magma.ca/index.php?&article_id=13356

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 2:28 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

I visited the zoo this past weekend for the first time in probably 15 years. I have to say I was very impressed with what I saw in terms of size and variety. Obviously it isn't a big facility compared to Toronto's, but for a city our size it's nothing to sneeze at.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 2:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
from the City of Moncton website:

Construction on Northwest Trail

July 18, 2014

MONCTON – The City of Moncton would like to advise the public that construction on the Northwest Trail will begin on Monday, July 21, 2014. There will be construction from the intersection of Edinburgh Drive and Berry Mills Road to the intersection of Millennium Boulevard and Killam Drive.

This project is part of the ongoing implementation of the City of Moncton’s Active Transportation Plan. Once complete, trail users will have access to a 10 km trail that will allow bikers and walkers to commute directly from Moncton’s north end to the Downtown.

Construction will be ongoing throughout the summer and is scheduled for completion mid-October.

The City regrets any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates your patience during the construction.

For more information, please contact the City of Moncton’s Parks and Leisure Services department at 853-3516.
further to the above:

Quote:
Final phase of Northwest Trail started
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Times and Transcript
By: Brent Mazerolle

The final phase of Moncton’s Northwest Trail is now under construction, and with it comes the final link connecting thousands of northwest Moncton residents with downtown.

The tractors began their work on Monday, building a trail on the south side of Berry Mills Road. The final 1.8-kilometre project, from Edinburgh Drive to Millennium Boulevard, will keep walkers, runners, cyclists, boarders and bladers safely separated from vehicular traffic.

Part of the project involves modifying the provincially owned overpass spanning Wheeler Boulevard so that those using the active transportation corridor are still protected by a barrier separating them from cars and trucks.

Ultimately, the active transportation links in the city will include 100 kilometres (60 miles) of trails and 120 kilometres (72 miles) of bike lanes.
full article at:
http://22864.vws.magma.ca/index.php?&article_id=13371

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 11:46 AM

Pizza Delight / Scores

The Pizza Delight across from NBCC is re-branding as a Pizza Delight / Scores.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctnguy View Post
The Pizza Delight across from NBCC is re-branding as a Pizza Delight / Scores.
Here is some pics of the remodeling of Pizza Delight.

[IMG]35[/IMG]

[IMG]34[/IMG]

[IMG]33[/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 3:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for the pics Micks

So, with the replacement of the old Pizza Delight in Shediac with a combo store too, that will make two Pizza Delight/Scores co-branded properties in the region.

Also:

The roof trusses are now being installed at the Shoppes on Hastings Ridge phase three. I will try and grab a picture of the construction this weekend.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 12:47 AM

As mentioned by MonctonRad, The roof trusses are now being installed at the Shoppes on Hastings Ridge phase three. One confirmed signed tenant but they would not disclose who it is yet.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 2:48 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the pics Micks

So, with the replacement of the old Pizza Delight in Shediac with a combo store too, that will make two Pizza Delight/Scores co-branded properties in the region.
Summerside also has one. I don't know if you count that as being part of the region or not haha.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 3:54 AM

The new Scores sign is up at the Pizza Delight / Scores that is under remodeling on Mountain Road. The location is suppose to be done and open in 2-3 days.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 1:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hastings Ridge phase two coming along. It will be identical to phase one, except the units will be a little smaller (not as deep).

First upload from my new iPhone. I'll try to grab a picture of phase one & two together sometime soon……….

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:02 PM

New construction across from NBCC

Does anyone know whats being built across from NBCC on Mountain Road?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

No idea. I was wondering that myself.

And in other news, the second large (but generic) apartment building at the end of Carson Drive is now under construction. Most of the first floor of the building is now up………….

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 2:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the new inColor Building on DesBrisay Street in the Moncton Industrial Park (West).

PS - I'm getting close to my monthly bandwidth limit on Photobucket, so don't be surprised if my photos disappear for a few days. They'll be back on the 20th.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 3:26 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

MonctonRad, check out www.imgur.com .Simple to upload images and they don't have bandwidth limits. Free as well.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 1:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, the renovations to the Future Inn on Mapleton Road to allow for it to be rebranded as a Four Points by Sheraton will be much more extensive than I initially understood.

The entire hotel will be redone, both inside and out, with the only space to remain untouched being Maverick's Steakhouse and Grill.

Renovations will commence in September, with rebranding by November and construction ongoing until January 2015.

With both Hampton Inns and Four Points by Sheraton on Mapleton Road, this gives that area of town a solid base for out of town shoppers to hang their hat……..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces