HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 5:00 PM
Laura Palmer

Enagage portal is open for people to provide ideas for 9th ave streetscape:

http://engage.calgary.ca/9AveStreetscape#/?i=1

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 2:40 PM

Anyone know what's happening with the 4th Street SW CP underpass improvement project? I walked by there yesterday and it appears like work has been halted... site all fenced in, no workers present, no equipment present. I was looking forward to seeing this underpass improvement finished. Has anyone seen a rendering of what the finished product is supposed to look like? Hopefully it's closer to the 8th St improvements than the 1st Street ones.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:04 PM
BANNED

Ask Yogi reviews Prince's Island Park
Video Link

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 4:06 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by outoftheice View Post
Anyone know what's happening with the 4th Street SW CP underpass improvement project? I walked by there yesterday and it appears like work has been halted... site all fenced in, no workers present, no equipment present. I was looking forward to seeing this underpass improvement finished. Has anyone seen a rendering of what the finished product is supposed to look like? Hopefully it's closer to the 8th St improvements than the 1st Street ones.
The entire thing is going to be sortof a dynamic video screen. The lights will travel with the pedestrians as they walk through the space, along with motivational messages. The west side LEDs have been installed, but last I saw, the east side hadn't been yet. Work has likely been stopped because of the weeks of extreme cold.

The render doesn't really do a justice...

Here are the schematics... http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Documen...n%20Report.PDF

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues