HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 6:01 PM

^...Austin get ahead of growth lol?! ...that's not very Austin like.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digatisdi View Post
I've seen a few PDFs floating around that I cannot find at the moment but it looks like the most likely proposal is a secondary concourse, part of the current terminal but to the South with an underground shuttle/walkway connecting the two portions.

Actually it might be from earlier in this thread. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

Edit: here's a PDF with the two approved concepts
The mini terminal seems like a lot easier for them to get planes in and out than the main terminal expansion but it seems cheaper to just expand what they have in the other plan. It would be really weird to go to the Austin airport and take a tram to another terminal.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
The mini terminal seems like a lot easier for them to get planes in and out than the main terminal expansion but it seems cheaper to just expand what they have in the other plan. It would be really weird to go to the Austin airport and take a tram to another terminal.
Weird but coooool.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 2:26 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

That timeline at the end of the PDF seems a bit slow, I had thought the Apron was already constructed not to long ago?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin