HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 2:51 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

LeBauer City Park (downtown Greensboro, NC)

The grand opening of downtown Greensboro's newest urban park is days a way! The park sits between a number of culture venues such as the main library, Greensboro Historical Museum, Greensboro Cultural Arts Center, Center-City Park and the future 3,000 seat Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. The park will have a number of amenities such as:

- interactive fountain
- dog park
- ornamental garden
- childrens garden
- outdoor reading room next to library
- urban playground
- games area (foosball, putting green, chess ect)
- area for food trucks
- outdoor cafe with two restaurants
- restroom facilities
- concert lawn with stage that seats 4,000
- world class art sculpture above the concert lawn

The center piece of the park will include a large sculpture above the concert lawns designed by Janet Echelman. The sculpture will be lit at night and is one of a hand full of its kind in the United States. Janet has designed similar scuptures for Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Vancouver, Boston, Seattle and Denver. The park is also located just across the street from Center-City Park which features fountains, a small stage area, seating and many plants and trees. The two parks together essentially forms a massive urban park.

Sculpture in Amsterdam

photos of LeBauer Park in downtown Greensboro

interactive fountain

The renderings

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 12:39 PM

God that's amazing. Really jealous and can't wait to visit.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2016, 3:27 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

And the great thing is that this park was completely privately funded. During the holiday season the interactive fountain plaza will be covered with an ice skating rink. The park will be open in time for the National Folk Festival which is holding a three year stint in Greensboro. The stage in LeBauer Park will be one of the stages for the event downtown. You should make a trip. Last year we had people from all over the country as far away as California and Washington State. An estimated 175,000 people came to last years event. Info on the link below.

https://nationalfolkfestival.com/

btw construction on the 3,000 seat Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts across the street from the park will begin in weeks. It will include a roof terrace overlooking LeBauer Park.

In addition, an indoor/outdoor carousel is plan just north of the park next to the childrens museum and future senior resource center.

Last edited by urbanscraper; Aug 5, 2016 at 3:58 AM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2016, 8:45 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 11:33 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

LeBauer Park is open!! I was able to take some pictures of LeBauer Park. I'll take more when I have time. LeBauer Park constrast with Center-City Park across the street. LeBauer Park is more of an activity park thats a little less formal than Center-City Park. There will be programmed events in the park to keep people coming
http://myfox8.com/2016/08/08/lebauer...in-greensboro/

cafe/restaurants

across the street from the restaurant/cafe plaza is a realigned street which use to be part of Summit Ave and will now be called Brenner Place, the address of the future Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. Looks like they have updated the street lighting as well.

The concert lawn with the massive sculpture which will glow at night. In addition to concerts, the lawn and stage will be used to broadcast some events that take place in the performing arts center on a large screen.

concert lawn stage

The water fountain splash pad isnt running water just yet.

plenty of activities for the family and there is also a putting green.

Last edited by urbanscraper; Aug 9, 2016 at 3:43 AM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 2:24 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

WOW this is amazing! I stopped by LeBauer Park tonight and they have the sculpture lit. I must say as I walked through the park tonight, I felt like I wasn't in Greensboro. Here are some pictures I took. The sculpture has 35 miles of fiber!

big plans for LeBauer Park

http://www.greensboro.com/go_triad/l...47597d59d.html

another day time shot

Last edited by urbanscraper; Aug 11, 2016 at 5:04 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 6:34 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

I was able to get more picture before the park opened. It gets too crowed to really take any good pictures lol. Hopefully ill get a few more good night time shots when they officially light the sculpture tonight.

outdoor reading room next to the library

dog park

The fountain which will have a fog feature should be running before that National Folk Festival starts

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 2:39 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

The place was packed during the official lighting

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast