HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 7:50 AM
Lower Lonsdale YIMBY

I find it incredible that there are no witnesses. Not exactly the middle of nowhere.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanciti View Post
Exactly...as long as the owner maintains the property, pays his taxes and there is no public safety issue the city can't do anything to an existing building. The city has a little more pressure if there is a Development Permit pending as those have life spans and cost more money to extend or re-apply.

The building in itself if it were to be knocked down would never be approved for similar height to what it has currently, the White Spot site across the street is a prime example.

The owner of the building also owns Firefly liquor stores, both at Cambie and in Maple Ridge, his taxes are all covered by the monies that he is making on those.
I thought the project had a Development Permit issued on it already, and I wondered if they have a time limit as to how long a working Development Permit is valid. Hence I thought the city might have some valid ability to tell the developers to "hurry up" and get the work completed before the permit expired.
Is that not the case?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver