HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
432 Park is already dominating but there is still 500ft left! Can't wait to see full height. Nice update NYCLuver.
In the words of Han Solo, "this is where the fun begins"

Watching this baby rise throughout the summer will be a treat!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

There is a core jump in progress. This means concrete has been poured up to apparent level 58 at 899' and the forms now are up to start 59 at 914' 6''

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:58 PM

Have my eyes tricked me? I actually saw the core rise earlier. Now, it appears that they actually lowered the core form down to its previous level. It also appears that that either concrete is being poured into the core form, or perhaps the concrete lines are being grouted in preparation for column pours. A mistake?

Currently, the columns are being poured, so perhaps the core form was lowered was to allow the concrete placing boom to reach the column / perimeter beam forms.

Last edited by marcatio; Apr 22, 2014 at 3:55 PM. Reason: addition

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Have my eyes tricked me? I actually saw the core rise earlier. Now, it appears that they actually lowered the core form down to its previous level. It also appears that that either concrete is being poured into the core form, or perhaps the concrete lines are being grouted in preparation for column pours. A mistake?

Currently, the columns are being poured, so perhaps the core form was lowered was to allow the concrete placing boom to reach the column / perimeter beam forms.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 1:04 PM

The only problem I have with this building is that I'm afraid it (and other Central Park supertowers) will take attention away from the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building. Call me a NIMBY, but I think the Empire State should have the Empire State Building dominate. Even with this problem, I cant wait for all of the projects to be finished

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 9:41 PM

Outrigger walls

Every 12 floors there are 2 mechanical floors which serve triple purpose: 1) accommodate technical stuff; b) connect the building core to the perimeter columns through outrigger walls; c) let air pass through the building, thus minimizing vortex excitation.

While browsing the internet in search of technical data about this building I have not been able to find any floor plans or construction photos of these mechanical floors. I am specifically interested in the outrigger walls: how thick they are, where are they located in plan and how the outrigger walls are connected to perimeter columns. There are hints about the presence of outriggers, but I haven't found any drawings.

I am doing individual structural analysis on the building and would really appreciate some information about the mechanical floor plan.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanel View Post
Every 12 floors there are 2 mechanical floors which serve triple purpose: 1) accommodate technical stuff; b) connect the building core to the perimeter columns through outrigger walls; c) let air pass through the building, thus minimizing vortex excitation.

While browsing the internet in search of technical data about this building I have not been able to find any floor plans or construction photos of these mechanical floors. I am specifically interested in the outrigger walls: how thick they are, where are they located in plan and how the outrigger walls are connected to perimeter columns. There are hints about the presence of outriggers, but I haven't found any drawings.

I am doing individual structural analysis on the building and would really appreciate some information about the mechanical floor plan.

There are diagrams in the first 100 pages. I will post any I see that might help.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Must you bring the old WTC into EVERY thread? This tower is nothing like them in use, structure, architecture, anything, except that it happens to be a rectangle and is tall.

For those that haven't read the thread and keep asking the same question over and over again, here's how the architects are dealing with the wind:

Image posted by nyguy
Here is some info.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 10:26 PM

[/QUOTE]

This diagram will be useful soon to see the floors and elevations.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 11:22 PM

Here is one a mechanical floor being built out.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 10:05 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. I have read the structural peer review by Leslie E. Robertson Associates, R.L.L.P and I have also browsed through all the previous threads in this post. The closest thing to showing the mechnical floor is the image above, posted by sw5710. However it does not show how the outrigger walls are connected to the perimeter columns. Most helpful would be a floor plan of the mechanical floor or a photo where the outriggers are completed.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 12:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Incandenza View Post
Those pics are all great! A "New York Skyline from really far away" thread would be fascinating.
Here's a similar thread...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=161565

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLuver View Post
April 21st, 2014

Was able to go on the roof at my job today! Here you guys go!

The domination begins.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 1:39 AM

I'm gonna cry because that is so beautiful...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
The floors on the left side are apparent floors from ground level. The core is now on the 59th. 3 more jumps till we are on this diagram. The mechanical floors have been changed around since this diagram was posted. That won't affect apparent floor count from the street. For instance 15' 6'' x 63 = 976' 6'' Remember the perimeter beam is just above the same numbered apparent floor.

Last edited by sw5710; Apr 25, 2014 at 3:29 AM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 4:14 AM

Oh OK was about to say "I thought the mechanicals were every 12 apparent floors?" But I see you pointed out they have made changes since these diagrams

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 10:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Earlier today...

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 4:11 PM
Walk taker

Looks like the wind today has knocked the high altitude cameras out of commission. I logged on just in time to see the 59th street view swing from the park, to midtown, back to the park and finally to its current position.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 7:31 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

^That's been happening a lot the past week, unfortunately.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 10:12 AM

Where can I find this cam? Been looking on the Earthcam network but there's that many of them, a link would be great.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianharvey View Post
Where can I find this cam? Been looking on the Earthcam network but there's that many of them, a link would be great.
You can access all three cameras from 432's construction site which is available off the building's main site. Here is a link directly to the cameras:

http://www.432parkavenue.com/new-construction-in-NYC/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive