HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 1:04 AM

Question about connecting to Winnipeg city storm sewer

Does anyone know if it is permissible to connect a residential driveway drain directly into the city's main storm sewer line? Not through the house line (which I know is a no-no), but directly to the main line. Much like a drain on the street would be connected.

Yes it may be pricey, but I just want to know if it is allowed (with a permit, of course).

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 1:10 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
Does anyone know if it is permissible to connect a residential driveway drain directly into the city's main storm sewer line? Not through the house line (which I know is a no-no), but directly to the main line. Much like a drain on the street would be connected.

Yes it may be pricey, but I just want to know if it is allowed (with a permit, of course).
i don't think they would let you call the city and see

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 5:06 PM

What are you trying to do? Your driveway should be sloped in a way that it naturally drains the water into the street, which is then drained into the storm drains. Is your driveway sloping towards your house for some reason?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 6:45 PM
I am a typical

Get one of those plastic tube things and run it down the driveway so that it gets past the slope, and directs water out into the drain part of the street.

There are some buildings in Thunder Bay with this feature, but they're all old. I doubt they would allow something like this today.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan