HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 10:42 PM

Mississauga's Gateway (Corporate Centre)

1-8 taken on September 4, 2017.
9-19 taken on October 28, 2020.

Some old pictures I took years ago, that I never posted here, or at least not that I know (I did search but I didn't find anything). I think I was just trying out night photography, and I also like experiencing the city at night. It's the same district as the Heartland Business Community pictures, so this thread is kind of a continuation of that, but these photos focus on the office buildings and undeveloped land preserved for high density along Hurontario Street, a major transit corridor. Recently, I wanted to try photographing sunsets over open fields and use more dramatic skies and lighting with a new camera, but of course this was the midst of the pandemic so I tried to stay closer to home, so I returned to the same area.

Keep in mind, I did not think of showing these photos until I saw the positive reaction to the other thread. And these are two sets of pictures taken three years apart with two different cameras so maybe they don't really fit together either. I also broke my left shoulder mysteriously while sleeping during the summer, I did not even realize it until 2 weeks later I finally decided I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the hospital. So maybe I was still trying to get back into photography at the time of the second set of photos, so maybe they are not as good. When I had a seizure a few weeks ago, suddenly the broken shoulder was not so mysterious anymore, and it also limits my travel options and photo opportunities even more since I am not longer allowed to drive a car and I am sleepy all the time now because of the epilepsy medication. But don't worry, if you are sick of suburban Toronto, I did spend much of December visiting my dad in Sarnia, so you guys will get 1 or 2 threads to experience the splendour of Sarnia as well, so look out for that.

Btw, the main bus route of Hurontario Street also happens to be the 19. It wasn't my intention to match it the same number of photos or anything but it is good fit, right? And yes, that is me in photo #7.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2021, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post

This is my favorite shot in the set, looks like a nice skyline.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos