HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 9:32 PM

Thanks for the update WorldTexas. Pearl is the gift that keeps on giving, the whole project is exactly what SA needed.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 1:44 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTexas View Post

Is this the future home of the 10-12 story residential?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 2:36 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Is this the future home of the 10-12 story residential?
Yes.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 2:51 AM

That's great news, The Pearl is filling in nicely. But I got one question, is the residential tower U/C?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 11:16 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
That's great news, The Pearl is filling in nicely. But I got one question, is the residential tower U/C?
Yes, I believe the hole in the photo is the basement for the 10 story tower in that rendering.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Yes, I believe the hole in the photo is the basement for the 10 story tower in that rendering.
Thanks.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2015, 12:24 AM

The Cellars, parking garage, and Bottling Building are all coming along nicely. I visited a few times this trip and there was a constant sense of activity. It's awesome!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2016, 5:55 AM

Pearl update

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post

Pearl update

That's an amazing photo, Raul! Thanks... keep them coming.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 1:26 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 2:54 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Cool! Anyone have any inkling about what's next for Pearl once the Cellars building is finished? They still own a fair amount of land that hasn't been developed yet.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Cool! Anyone have any inkling about what's next for Pearl once the Cellars building is finished? They still own a fair amount of land that hasn't been developed yet.
The original plans were to develop two buildings between La Gloria and Hotel Emma. I think they had also talked about developing the property across Broadway from Pearl Parkway. I haven't heard any updates in a while. I actually would like them to do something on Broadway, including extending Pearl Parkway and something across the river from Hotel Emma, but I'm not in the know. It does seem like it is about time to announce the next project with the Cellars to be completed in the near future.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 5:24 PM

They own all the property on the other side of the river from Grayson to Schiller. They will build residential.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 4:55 PM

I recently heard that Flasher Equipment will vacate all their property between St. Mary's and the river--all the way from Myrtle to Josephine, I think--this October. I've heard their holdings there total nearly 10 acres. I wonder if they already have a buyer/developer lined up?

Flasher itself will supposedly relocate somewhere closer to 410. It makes little sense for them to hang onto such desirable property given what they do.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 6:02 PM

On another note, I'm sure everyone already knows that Silver Ventures bought the Samuels Glass building. However, I heard Samuels has a new location and will be moving out as soon as that is ready. I believe the old neon sign is staying (which I hope they keep--that sign is the coolest). Has anyone heard anything about what SV has planned for the Samuels bldg.?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 6:29 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtown View Post
On another note, I'm sure everyone already knows that Silver Ventures bought the Samuels Glass building. However, I heard Samuels has a new location and will be moving out as soon as that is ready. I believe the old neon sign is staying (which I hope they keep--that sign is the coolest). Has anyone heard anything about what SV has planned for the Samuels bldg.?
Hadn't heard about that, thanks for posting about it! My guess would be office, retail and parking, but that's just a completely unsubstantiated hunch.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 9:13 PM
James

That is going to be awesome. They also have river frontage. I would love to see a restaurant at that corner with a balcony over the river.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCourtland View Post
I recently heard that Flasher Equipment will vacate all their property between St. Mary's and the river--all the way from Myrtle to Josephine, I think--this October. I've heard their holdings there total nearly 10 acres. I wonder if they already have a buyer/developer lined up?

Flasher itself will supposedly relocate somewhere closer to 410. It makes little sense for them to hang onto such desirable property given what they do.
Have you heard anything else about this? Very interested. Looked at their land online and they still own it all--if they're planning to move already, they probably have a development partner lined up. Someone on here has to have some scoop!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 2:18 AM

Silver Ventures, the main developer behind the Pearl, is asking the city to permanently close two streets to make way for a development across the river from Hotel Emma.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/real-est...or-8331863.php

Looks like things are moving forward with development across the river. SV will probably get their wish, but I would prefer that those streets remain.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 1:27 PM
Paradise

Cool. I can't wait to see what they have planned.

In other news, it sounds like West Elm will be opening today.

Quote:
Following a week's worth of deliveries, however, the store is ready for its debut later today.

Owned by local investment firm GrayStreet Partners, the 11,000-square-foot building went through extensive renovations but while keeping some elements of its former use, like the curved ceiling, a mix of old and new wood beams, and other elements that hint the building wasn't always as fresh as it is now.

Sure, West Elm is one of many new stores opening in San Antonio's fast-growing retail market, but its significance goes beyond the addition of a new furniture retailer. As the first major tenant on a national scale to invest in the Pearl area, it is expected to play a large role in the area's future growth.

It will be exciting to see what comes next.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...onio-as-a.html

I wonder what this will do for the future of retail in the area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio