HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 12:36 AM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLERINMUSKOKA View Post
Like 401 just stated, Yonge drew thousands of fans in the 90's when we used to have a good team, even in round 1. "I wouldn't call it a unique phenomena just for Calgary.

And all I remember of the coverage was the violence, vandalism and bare breasted ladies.

Hey, if you ask the Calgarians, it was all mild mannered fun that happened on the red mile. the violence and vandalism? That shit only occurs elsewhere like Edmonton or Montreal...

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:15 AM

What happened in Calgary a few years ago was totally amazing. People from all over, hockey fans or not, came to party on the Red Mile. They gave multiple high fives, showed their breasts, got really drunk, and occasionally resorted to violence and mayhem. I think what will differentiate Ottawa's celebrations from those in Calgary are the number of true hockey fans in this town. I'm always impressed with the level of hockey knowledge here in Ottawa. We will certainly get our fair share of bandwagon jumpers and violent drunks (likely Leafs fans) but the next few weeks promise to be an exciting time here in Ottawa and I invite you all to stay tuned.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
We will certainly get our fair share of bandwagon jumpers and violent drunks (likely Leafs fans) but the next few weeks promise to be an exciting time here in Ottawa and I invite you all to stay tuned.
Yes us Leaf fans have a long and proud tradition being violent drunks. Any Leaf fan that jumps the Sens band wagon would have to be drunk.

Go Wings! if the Ducks make it I won't even watch.

Last edited by WHISTLERINMUSKOKA; May 22, 2007 at 2:20 PM.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 2:16 AM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
Hey, if you ask the Calgarians, it was all mild mannered fun that happened on the red mile. the violence and vandalism? That shit only occurs elsewhere like Edmonton or Montreal...
That's so untrue! We would most definitely say Vancouver instead of Montreal.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 2:23 AM
lets race

didn't montreal have a riot (literally) after they won in 1993? i saw it on one one of those FOX specials about swat teams and stuff.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
That's so untrue! We would most definitely say Vancouver instead of Montreal.
I think Vancouver and Edmonton definately get the prize for worst and most unnecessary hockey fan violence

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 2:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401_King View Post
didn't montreal have a riot (literally) after they won in 1993? i saw it on one one of those FOX specials about swat teams and stuff.
yep, a group of mob was waiting for them to win and start vandalizing and stealing stuff. My cousin who has a store on ste-catherine was one of the victim.

The rest of the drunken fans were just trashing some cars, the usual. ehhehe

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:13 PM
Progressive Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes us Leaf fans have a long a proud tradition being violent drunks.
They've been trying to create one whenever the Leafs play in Ottawa. It's not just a coincidence that there's double the police in the building when the Leafs and their drunken fans comes to town.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 2:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold View Post
They've been trying to create one whenever the Leafs play in Ottawa. It's not just a coincidence that there's double the police in the building when the Leafs and their drunken fans comes to town.

LOL, whatever, when was the last Leaf vs Sens fan brawl in Ottawa? Maybe the police are there because you need them to enforce your silly no Leaf Jersey rules or so your fans don't feel so out numbered in their own building.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 4:29 PM

Quote:
LOL, whatever, when was the last Leaf vs Sens fan brawl in Ottawa? Maybe the police are there because you need them to enforce your silly no Leaf Jersey rules or so your fans don't feel so out numbered in their own building.
Who are these Leafs fans? Are they from Toronto, or locals who refused to switch allegiance when the Sens came into the league?

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 4:41 PM
Look up, Waaaaaay up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
congrats to the sens and to ottawa, but it aint no party if there aint no torching and rioting
Spoken like a true Edmontonian.

How about stabbing too?

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 5:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post
Who are these Leafs fans? Are they from Toronto, or locals who refused to switch allegiance when the Sens came into the league?

Most will travel from Toronto. If you go to any Leaf game held in Buffallo, Montreal, or Ottawa you'll see an arena almost half full of the blue and white. It's a lot easier to get a Leafs ticket away from home. I'd have to say team #2 in Ottawa would be Montreal.

Last edited by WHISTLERINMUSKOKA; May 22, 2007 at 5:31 PM.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 7:39 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Most will travel from Toronto. If you go to any Leaf game held in Buffallo, Montreal, or Ottawa you'll see an arena almost half full of the blue and white. It's a lot easier to get a Leafs ticket away from home. I'd have to say team #2 in Ottawa would be Montreal.
this is true. I saw a leafs game at Scotiabank back in October. Waiting in line for an overpriced Bud, the only way you could tell which team had scored is if the horn went off... the cheering was just as loud.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
We didn't really have much violence, not in 04 anyway. Edmonton wasn't really much worse, you just started a fire! Vancouver and Montreal definately rioted.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 9:37 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
We didn't really have much violence, not in 04 anyway. Edmonton wasn't really much worse, you just started a fire! Vancouver and Montreal definately rioted.
and climb tall signs, and turned traffic signal infrastructure and wires into a jungle jim...

but not much difference nope - lots of high fiving and good times and boobs

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 9:50 PM

yeah, I never got the whole "lets climb tall shit" mentality. lol. The cops figure were dangerously close to a riot though, If we would have won game 6, there would probably have been 100 000 people on 17th, maybe even more.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 10:41 PM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
If we would have won game 6, there would probably have been 100 000 people on 17th, maybe even more.
What does it say about the state of municipal politics when more guys show up to see some tits than guys show up to the polls to vote in the municipal elections?
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
What does it say about the state of municipal politics when more guys show up to see some tits than guys show up to the polls to vote in the municipal elections?
That we need naked candidates?

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 11:59 PM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkyman View Post
That we need naked candidates?
Once again, Druh for Mayor!
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted May 23, 2007, 2:20 AM
Progressive Curmudgeon

Quote:
LOL, whatever, when was the last Leaf vs Sens fan brawl in Ottawa?
Brawl? No.

But fights, vandalism and assorted idiocy, like throwing firecrackers into crowds of people outside the building, I've personally witnessed. I've seen a row of Leaf fans so drunk in their seats that they couldn't stand up straight.

Quote:
Maybe the police are there because you need them to enforce your silly no Leaf Jersey rules or so your fans don't feel so out numbered in their own building.
Actually plenty of Sens fans choose not to go to games when the Leafs come to town because of the idiots in blue and white. Who wants to go there, pay a 40% premium and have to worry about some fool suckerpunching you and breaking your jaw?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada