HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 2:04 PM

Anyone know why Castleberry Park (the apartments next to Reverb) have been paused? Went to a United game a few weeks ago and looked like it had been months since anything had happened.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Anyone know why Castleberry Park (the apartments next to Reverb) have been paused? Went to a United game a few weeks ago and looked like it had been months since anything had happened.
I think the labor crisis is affecting many industries, and may be a factor here. Not to get political, but we need more immigrant labor if there are not enough people here in the US to take on these construction jobs. This will affect our economy since the construction industry is tied heavily to the US economy, as well as affordability of housing. If housing cannot be built, home affordability will continue to get worse, which is a huge drag on the US economy as well as income inequality. The rich will get a lot richer, and the poor will get a lot poorer.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I think the labor crisis is affecting many industries, and may be a factor here. Not to get political, but we need more immigrant labor if there are not enough people here in the US to take on these construction jobs. This will affect our economy since the construction industry is tied heavily to the US economy, as well as affordability of housing. If housing cannot be built, home affordability will continue to get worse, which is a huge drag on the US economy as well as income inequality. The rich will get a lot richer, and the poor will get a lot poorer.
Yeah, I dont think that's it though. Might be a contributing factor but it looks like it's been on hard stop for a while now and so while labor shortages (or supply shortages) might have been issues for the developer, this smells like something else.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 10:58 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Champion View Post
No Sovereign II yet.
It's a 350 space parking deck extension/roof top pedestrian plaza

https://whatnowatlanta.com/cousins-p...age-additions/
Thanks for sharing. The commitment they’re putting into the roof certainly makes me think they are trying to position themselves should they call over 400 go forward. This looks likes it’s designed to directly tie into the cap.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Yeah, I dont think that's it though. Might be a contributing factor but it looks like it's been on hard stop for a while now and so while labor shortages (or supply shortages) might have been issues for the developer, this smells like something else.
That whole development has had issues from the start, it seems. All of it (hotel + apartments) was originally supposed to be done in Spring 2018 smh

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 9:28 PM

Base of crane is on site at Alexan O4W and New City’s residential is building out the first floor. The latter will really start making a huge impact on the area in the near future.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 8:07 PM

180 10th street filed a planning permit (SAP) today.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:48 PM

811 Peachtree (old Eviva site at 6th and Peachtree) filed a building permit today for site prep. It's described in the permit as "The proposed project is an office tower building with retail located on the plaza level." However at the Midtown DRC meeting in August the project was described as "The 32-story tower includes 15,600 SF ground floor retail uses, 77,000 SF office uses and 483 market rate apartment units."

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 8:27 PM

811 Peachtree

Is that just an error on the permit about it being an "office tower"? That's what I'd have to assume.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 8:40 PM

^ I guess so? Technically it's a mixed use tower that includes an office component. Since the building permit is for site prep, the building description doesn't have to be accurate.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 1:11 AM

What is the typical timeframe between the filing of a building permit and groundbreaking?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 1:59 PM

^Anywhere from a few weeks to over a year. Depends on financing and a lot of other factors. If 811 Peachtree has financing already, I would expect site prep (site clearing, grading, sewer, etc) sometime in October or November, and construction to commence in Q1 of 2022. But that's just a guess.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 5:09 PM

Don't worry about it. PMG is fully funded and they wouldn't be spending on the parcel buy, on lawyers, Cooper-Carry etc if they weren't serious. No comparison to Opus.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 4:48 PM
i ain't no bubba

The Graydon at 2520 Peachtree Road.
It looks like there are at least 2 units under contract for over $7M each.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
The Graydon at 2520 Peachtree Road.
It looks like there are at least 2 units under contract for over $7M each.
Maybe Opus will break ground now that condo prices are reaching new heights.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 3:33 PM

If I was going to park $7mil at a condo in Atlanta (tbh I wouldn’t either way), but I’d rather put it on 10-20 units in a condo closer to MARTA rather than this location. Really surprised units are going for that much.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 6:13 PM

The rich and famous spend their money freely and their thought process on spending millions is nothing like us common folk's habit of spending on a budget.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
If I was going to park $7mil at a condo in Atlanta (tbh I wouldn’t either way), but I’d rather put it on 10-20 units in a condo closer to MARTA rather than this location. Really surprised units are going for that much.
lol, no one buying a condo at this price is taking marta anywhere.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserbuckhead View Post
lol, no one buying a condo at this price is taking marta anywhere.
Lol, OMG you’re so right Jan. I forgot they prefer shitty stroads with nothing to walk to! Better drop $7mil.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Lol, OMG you’re so right Jan. I forgot they prefer shitty stroads with nothing to walk to! Better drop $7mil.
My point is that the people who can afford these units are not going to be riding the bus nor a train to go anywhere. They'll either be driving themselves, or using a driver.

The roads around this area are not bad, they're fairly good, and while not as walkable as say Midtown or Buckhead Village, there's enough to walk to. I think you'd be surprised to see the number of pedestrians on this stretch of Peachtree.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta