HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 1:03 AM

Had the privlidge of touring the Brentwood site a week or so ago, including the retail and a trip up tower 1.

The build quality in the units is great and the retail space, particularly the exterior looked quite good as well.

One interesting fact I learned that I don't think has been shared here is that tower 1 and 2 will have top of tower lighting features, simple bands of light, that will run the length of the 'pods' at the top.

I grabbed a few pics, but it's not my project to share, so I won't post too many. Views are spectacular as you can imagine.

Main retail row running from the square to the mall itself. Note the boards are all covering up what will be tenant designed store fronts

View east from the 42nd floor. You can see Concord Brentwood and Tower 3 (among others) under construction

Retail high street linking Willingdon with Lougheed. once again the paneling is temporary awaiting tenant finishes

Last edited by LeftCoaster; Nov 29, 2018 at 1:21 AM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 4:53 AM

incredible!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 5:43 AM

Those are fantastic shots, LeftCoaster.
Especially the mid-tower shot - the dark glazing of the tower really stands out for some reason.

Thank you for sharing what you could.

It's amazing to see a project of this magnitude and scale coming together in realtime like this.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 6:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Had the privlidge of touring the Brentwood site a week or so ago, including the retail and a trip up tower 1.

The build quality in the units is great and the retail space, particularly the exterior looked quite good as well.

One interesting fact I learned that I don't think has been shared here is that tower 1 and 2 will have top of tower lighting features, simple bands of light, that will run the length of the 'pods' at the top.

I grabbed a few pics, but it's not my project to share, so I won't post too many. Views are spectacular as you can imagine.

Main retail row running from the square to the mall itself. Note the boards are all covering up what will be tenant designed store fronts

View east from the 42nd floor. You can see Concord Brentwood and Tower 3 (among others) under construction

Retail high street linking Willingdon with Lougheed. once again the paneling is temporary awaiting tenant finishes
Did you take any pictures for interior inside the units?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
I really like the concept and the design, but the pavement looks cheap. Wish they had gone with a darker/grey stone or granite.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 8:28 PM

Shot taken today.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the pics!

I like the pavers, the beige brightens up the expanse of paving and gives it more of an "indoor" finish.

Last edited by officedweller; Nov 30, 2018 at 12:56 AM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 12:39 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Thanks for the update, Leftcoaster. Love the shot looking east from the 42nd floor.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Thanks for the pics!

I like the pavers, the beige brightens up the expanse of paving and gives it more of an "indoor" finish.
Agree. I'd rather it were light especially for the mostly cold/rainy/overcast days AND nights in what is not exactly a big space.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Thanks for the update, Leftcoaster. Love the shot looking east from the 42nd floor.
And Mt. Baker can be seen on that direction too on a clear day.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
Did you take any pictures for interior inside the units?
I did but it is not my project, nor my unit, so I don't feel it would be appropriate to share them.

Suffice to say the unit build quality was among the higher I've seen in the city and the units laid out quite well.

Additionally worth pointing out the quality in the rental units was just as high as the condo units, right down to the Bosch appliance package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebby View Post
I really like the concept and the design, but the pavement looks cheap. Wish they had gone with a darker/grey stone or granite.
The pavement looked pretty good in person, might be that I was shooting the pics with an iphone 8 that is just awful in low light. The lighter stone works here IMO because of all the towers and retail adjacent it doesn't get a ton of natural light so the pavement being lighter helps make it feel like a brighter more inviting space.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 3:45 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 10:15 PM

That's freakin' amazing!

I love drone footage - it's amazing just how much drones and technology have changed how we look at the world and how we're able to see our world.

Some of those shots look like they're straight out of the Blade Runner movie with that almost intoxicating morning haze making it look like it's from some post-apocalyptic future in both the dystopian and utopian sense, at the same time..

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 1:51 AM

Quote:
I did but it is not my project, nor my unit, so I don't feel it would be appropriate to share them.

Suffice to say the unit build quality was among the higher I've seen in the city and the units laid out quite well.

Additionally worth pointing out the quality in the rental units was just as high as the condo units, right down to the Bosch appliance package.
Would you say it looks just like the units in the showroom? High ceilings?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 7:19 PM

cool video. It does show how small phase 1 is compared to the overall site and they have packed so much in.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 4:52 AM

Amazing Brentwood Completion

Hello, does anyone know if Amazing Brentwood will finish early spring like March or late like May or mid?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:58 PM

Retail will be late spring at the earliest is what I understand. Occupancy of the towers is phased based on where your unit is in the tower. move in will occur over a few months given the size of the towers and complexity of the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieson View Post
Would you say it looks just like the units in the showroom? High ceilings?
Never been to the showroom, but the units look like an empty show suite. I believe the ceilings are 9ft.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 2:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Retail will be late spring at the earliest is what I understand. Occupancy of the towers is phased based on where your unit is in the tower. move in will occur over a few months given the size of the towers and complexity of the site.

Never been to the showroom, but the units look like an empty show suite. I believe the ceilings are 9ft.
Will owners be movi g in first ahead of renters?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 10:01 PM

From the webcam today.

Planters have been placed on the rooftop patio:

http://www.theamazingbrentwood.com/livecam.html

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 6:16 AM

Rooftop patio

Theres a rooftop patio???? Is it public for all owners and renters?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley