HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 11:42 PM

From the October BPS newsletter, it looks like we should be hearing something soon.

Quote:
Montgomery Park to Hollywood Transit and Land Use Development Strategy (MP2H)

What: Exploring options for a successful land use and transit system, including potential streetcar linking Montgomery Park in Northwest Portland to the Hollywood Town Center in Northeast Portland. The project is a joint effort between BPS and PBOT. The project will assess land use and transportation issues and options, including affordable housing, economic development and business stabilization opportunities associated with potential transit investments, including possible extension of the Portland Streetcar.

Status: The project team is developing a Discussion Draft proposal for the Northwest study area for public review. The draft is expected to be released in November.

Next opportunity to engage: The public will be invited to review and comment on the Discussion Draft proposal for the Northwest study area after it is released. Those interested can always sign up for email updates.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 3:20 AM
BANNED

Interesting. I’m assuming the route is up Sandy Blvd?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 3:44 AM

That's one of the possibilities; another is out along Broadway. IIRC for Sandy, trains would follow the existing route south from the convention center to either Sandy > Hollywood or Burnside > Sandy > Hollywood. Broadway makes far more sense to me.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Interesting. I’m assuming the route is up Sandy Blvd?
Hopefully. There are three potential routes they're looking at. One uses Broadway to travel through Lloyd until it reaches Sandy in Hollywood.

The one I think is the clear winning choice is E Burnside to Sandy, then up Sandy to Hollywood. There's a lot of development going up along that route. Meanwhile developers have seemingly given up on Lloyd.

https://star-news.info/2020/08/06/ci...-to-hollywood/

https://portlandstreetcar.org/news/2...ontgomery-park

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
That's one of the possibilities; another is out along Broadway. IIRC for Sandy, trains would follow the existing route south from the convention center to either Sandy > Hollywood or Burnside > Sandy > Hollywood. Broadway makes far more sense to me.
Ha! You beat me to it, but it looks like we have different preferred routes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure