HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

View Poll Results: Would you support amalgamation?
Yes - Burnaby only 17 11.72%
Yes - Burnaby and New Westminster 30 20.69%
Yes - Burnaby, New Westminster and the NE 6 4.14%
Yes - Burnaby, New Westminster and Richmond 7 4.83%
Yes - All of the above mentioned communities 32 22.07%
No - I like things just the way they are! 44 30.34%
Other (Please specifiy) 9 6.21%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 11:59 PM

Yuck, I kind of voted without thinking....

I think that I like the idea of keeping each city with their own mayors because it does tailor each city to suit its residents better with their own municipal budgets.

New Westminster, for example, is not going to have the same kind of problems or goals as Burnaby or Vancouver does. Not by a long-shot. And even then, Burnaby doesn't have the same kind of problems as Vancouver.

I think that keeping each city separated, at this point, is a good thing because it really tailors each city to a specific niche. And it encourages each city to be competitive to attract certain industries. This in turn creates a MORE unique pattern to the Metro Vancouver fabric and it gives people in those areas stronger voices. I say it's fine to keep it the way it is.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues