HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:06 PM

There never used to be parking allowed on Piedmont between 10th and 11th until construction began on Azure and construction vehicles started parking there. Now people park there all the time. There isn't adequate no parking signage, so I don't blame them. But once residents start moving in, it's going to be very hard for them to exit onto Piedmont with the cars parked there obstructing their view of oncoming traffic.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGA View Post
It is, up to level 15, and the low-rise and parking deck. They are still working on the upper floors, including the pool level and terrace level and the two retail spaces.
Again RGA - this is a very beautiful building. If I could just add a suggestion, I think adding a prominent crown and/or lighting would add even more impact.

Any word on Phase II? Thanks for your updates.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:41 PM
RGA

That entrance has been reviewed and modified by the City so many times that they have a stake in it's functioning: no doubt better no parking signs will be installed. When the restaurant going in the smaller retail space is in operation it will be important to keep that frontage free of vehicles...

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:46 PM
RGA

Atlanta 3000: The swimming pool glass end, which cannot be seen yet (it is covered by white paper until they filll the pool), will be very visible/lit at night, with the predominant light color being "azure"... also, the open terrace below will have spacial lighting. Those are the features the Owners are counting on. Of course, this is the East end only; we aer concerned with the increasing levels of light pollution in our cities, so the exterior lighting was cut down a lot from the initial design.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:59 PM
RGA

Oh, how I wish I understood how to post images in this site..!

Phase II will probably wait for a different developer. That site is still owned by the previous development group and, although its use by our GC was conditioned on resolving a lot of its problems, we understand that no agreement has been made between the sides... the site is still available, as far as we know. We have not been asked to look at a design for the site after our initial studies, two years ago... I wish we were!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 4:11 PM

Nice pool

Quote:
Atlanta 3000: The swimming pool glass end, which cannot be seen yet (it is covered by white paper until they filll the pool), will be very visible/lit at night, with the predominant light color being "azure"... also, the open terrace below will have spacial lighting. Those are the features the Owners are counting on. Of course, this is the East end only; we aer concerned with the increasing levels of light pollution in our cities, so the exterior lighting was cut down a lot from the initial design.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 6:16 PM

Um, yeah. That glass pool wall would take me a little while to get comfortable with.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Um, yeah. That glass pool wall would take me a little while to get comfortable with.
No kidding. I think I'd give that construction a year or two to prove itself before I took any chances of being flushed off the roof.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 9:10 PM
RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
No kidding. I think I'd give that construction a year or two to prove itself before I took any chances of being flushed off the roof.
Bah! Swim with a tether line! The design already exists in Dallas, and the same company that did that one fabricated this one...

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 9:14 PM
RGA

The Joule Hotel, Dallas, Texas

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 12:47 AM

At the height of Azure, I don't think the pool would bother me. This on the other hand...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 1:07 AM

Still don't see how these aren't condos lol.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 3:18 AM
RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
At the height of Azure, I don't think the pool would bother me. This on the other hand...

Yep! We studied the infinity edge, but safety concerns kept us from doing it. Instead we have glass 5'-0" higher than the top of the water. Years ago, while working at NBA, I designed the infinity pool at Vinings Mountain Condominium...was the first infinity in Cobb County.

Last edited by RGA; Nov 29, 2016 at 2:11 AM. Reason: added photo

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 1:49 AM
RGA

The pool window is opened...

The pool is filled...

The plexiglass panel thickness: bulletproof thickness, same as the walls of the giant tank at the Atlanta Aquarium that people take their babies and children to see without fearing their bursting... same construction and attachment details as on the Aquarium, much less water pressure at our pool.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 2:09 AM

Quote:
The plexiglass panel thickness: bulletproof thickness, same as the walls of the giant tank at the Atlanta Aquarium that people take their babies and children to see without fearing their bursting... same construction and attachment details as on the Aquarium, much less water pressure at our pool.
For what it's worth, that is a very relatable tidbit to settle any nerves. Y'all are in a fantastic location. Wish I could afford a unit and hoping we see more developments soon! Any word on a phase II for Azure that was alluded to years ago?? Or potentially another development in another Atlanta neighborhood??

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 2:26 AM
RGA

We are only the architects... the Developers are the ones to ask; if Phase II is in the works we do not know anything about it yet. As for other developments, we are working on a small boutique project (three stories over a one story deck) in historic Decatur, and continue to work on Lilli (Peachtree and Third) as co-architects of Record with MSTSD on that tower, designed by NYC conceptual design firm ODA for JPX. That has broken ground already! Wish we had other large work, but no other towers have come forth yet...

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 3:34 PM
RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
There never used to be parking allowed on Piedmont between 10th and 11th until construction began on Azure and construction vehicles started parking there. Now people park there all the time. There isn't adequate no parking signage, so I don't blame them. But once residents start moving in, it's going to be very hard for them to exit onto Piedmont with the cars parked there obstructing their view of oncoming traffic.
The City has allowed 7 metered spaces along Piedmont. The Owners are installing only two. The City's interest, of course, is the income from the meters, while ours is safety. Hopefully the two spaces retained will not pose a sightline problem.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
We are only the architects... the Developers are the ones to ask; if Phase II is in the works we do not know anything about it yet. As for other developments, we are working on a small boutique project (three stories over a one story deck) in historic Decatur, and continue to work on Lilli (Peachtree and Third) as co-architects of Record with MSTSD on that tower, designed by NYC conceptual design firm ODA for JPX. That has broken ground already! Wish we had other large work, but no other towers have come forth yet...
Thanks for all the details! I appreciate the insight!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 7:57 PM
RGA

We really appreciate the positive attitude the contributors to this website show for all projects, ours and everyone else's, published in the site. It is really discouraging to go to other "development" websites and find that everyone posting has a complaint, and a dislike for new projects. We pour our hearts out for each and every one of our projects. Some turn out better than others, true, and many include features that we thought would be better differently. Other features we really want are cut by the budget, and are really missed. Many times the Owner insist we do things their way and we do not agree, but have to comply. The positive feedback here makes it all worth while: we want to serve Atlanta as best we can, and knowing you appreciate what we can accomplish makes us want to do more! Thank you all!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2016, 3:02 AM

I don't know much about apartments leasing but this sounds as though things are going quite well.

Quote:
Azure on the Park leasing near 20% in first 60 days

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta