HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

181 Fremont in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 7:33 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Me too. I'm really excited about this building.

Nice shots, viewguy!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 8:56 PM

Looks like something big might be happening at the site...

Big Steel that is!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 6:59 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Yes, looking at the Salesforce Tower webcam the core has made a large jump in the last day or so. The steel on the western edge closest to 199 Fremont has doubled in height as well. We might finally be at the stage of dramatic growth.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 5:02 AM

From earlier this week. The main column on the left tilts in at about 1 - 2 degrees, setting the shape for the rest of the building.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vQ1Xdz]

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 7:13 AM

Outstanding, this is going to be the best new tower built in SF in my lifetime. (so far).

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 3:21 PM
She needs her space

Definitely made progress worthy of a picture when I walked by last night, but I didn't take any.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 9:00 PM

The scaffolding next to Townhall is not a walkway. It is for a protection net over the Townhall. It has a daycare center on its roof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIDoblCwzwQ

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 9:17 PM
Mr. Technology

While I have fav cities that I browse on this site, this tower for San Francisco has an outstanding design that would fit into any city that would make heads turn for sure!
Video Link
From this video, you can clearly see a world-class tower!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2015, 4:41 AM

7/24/15

Old Posted Jul 25, 2015, 7:47 PM
She needs her space

They are still moving at a snail's pace. That yellow crane, which I see from the office, has not moved in days. It's like one day they attached a few more steel pieces and got our hopes up, and the next week they all did jack shit.

I have no idea why this tower is still taking as long as it is. It's just excruciating. We've seen 2 steel office towers rise. I know they are little more than half the height, but nonetheless, if there are any similarities (both steel), we know it should be just sprinting for the sky by now. I almost don't like this tower for how slowly it's going.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 7:12 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
They are still moving at a snail's pace. I almost don't like this tower for how slowly it's going.
I feel the same about the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site in Manhattan.
Just - too - slow.
14 years and counting.
Hopefully, construction will pick up pace soon.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 6:58 PM

I can't believe how skinny this tower is. These floor plates are going to be tiny.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
They are still moving at a snail's pace. That yellow crane, which I see from the office, has not moved in days. It's like one day they attached a few more steel pieces and got our hopes up, and the next week they all did jack shit.

I have no idea why this tower is still taking as long as it is. It's just excruciating. We've seen 2 steel office towers rise. I know they are little more than half the height, but nonetheless, if there are any similarities (both steel), we know it should be just sprinting for the sky by now. I almost don't like this tower for how slowly it's going.
You should have said something sooner Simms.. Your yellow crane is moving today

Last edited by rocketman_95046; Jul 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:

"Excrutiating"?! You are taking this waaay too seriously. It's going to be a long 2+ years for you.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 3:42 AM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
I feel the same about the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site in Manhattan.
Just - too - slow.
14 years and counting.
Hopefully, construction will pick up pace soon.
Yea it did take a while and it's still going, but you have and you are getting basically 4 supertalls, a fifth tower that's also really tall (7 WTC which was rebuilt pretty quickly...May 2002 start and topped off and cladded by end of 2004), as well as transit terminal and memorial. It's been a long time coming but fairly constant activity and major activity at that. But I feel ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
I can't believe how skinny this tower is. These floor plates are going to be tiny.
Yes. Should make it appear taller from ground level. Won't be all that much thinner than Millennium Tower, but Millennium Tower is also slender and appears quite tall as well, so I'm pretty excited for the thinner floorplates, which are rare in SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046 View Post
You should have said something sooner Simms.. Your yellow crane is moving today
Just walked by. Not to bitch but it literally installed one vertical steel beam all day. The blue cranes for the TTC are far more productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky's the Limit View Post
"Excrutiating"?! You are taking this waaay too seriously. It's going to be a long 2+ years for you.
Yes. I like many long time enthusiasts on this site get really into these sort of things, unapologetically. This website is dedicated to freaks of nature like ourselves; welcome?

And it's been almost 2 years since they cleared the site and started digging (Oct 2013). It will be another 1-2 years to top off at this point, which is what we care about (not so much interior buildout that also takes a while to open a building once core and shell are complete). So it has been technically excruciatingly slow just to see visible progress...I can point to dozens of other tall skyscrapers with large underground components and seismic construction that did not take as long. In fact, I can point to several recent buildings here in SF alone that seemed to take forever at the time but really went by much faster than this thing.

Come on Jay Paul...get with it!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 6:28 AM

The way it is...

Ahem... the longer you take the more $$$$.$$ you make!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 7:20 AM
Mr. Technology

Just a moment here regarding construction;

Just how tall can San Francisco build if you are in the middle of earthquake land?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 12:15 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:

Just how tall can San Francisco build if you are in the middle of earthquake land?
There is virtually no height limit because buildings today are built to such rigorous standards. SF could have a 1500, or even 2000' building. Every building of this size, and pretty much every building built in the last 50 years could easily handle an earthquake larger than the 1906 one...earthquake standards would be pointless if this weren't so. This isn't exactly brick construction, or materials susceptible to fire.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 1:42 PM

Quote:

Think about Tokyo, they have the 2000ft Sky Tree, and Taipei has the 1600ft + ft Taipei 101, there really is no limit for height in earthquake country

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 2:39 PM
Mr. Technology

I understand what you mean, but if you are a construction worker up there balancing yourself on an I-Beam and an earthquake rumbles, how safe would you feel if you slipped off the edge?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive