HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 7, 2009, 4:21 PM

I wonder when the 6 acre park will be done there's a sign for it on one of the roads in there but nothing's going on with it.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2009, 12:54 AM

The Aloft hotel is really starting to look cool. I'm going to take pictures this weekend when the rest of the fam is out of town.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 2:36 PM

New to the forum, interesting discussion. I was told by the property management (Lincoln Properties) of the Villages at the Domain (the residential units being constructed for Phase 2), that I was the first to sign a residential lease in the new phase.

I am set to move in on September 25th, and already have taken a few tours of the construction site of building Z (the stand-alone apartment building across from the shopping center). I am very excited to be moving into the new phase of the project, as I can already tell the the level of quality and design of the residential units are much higher than that of the first phase - Residences at the Domain.

I haven't been back to the site in over a month, but I am planning to take a look at it again next week, I will try to take some pictures and post them up.

I do have a question though. Has there been any discussion on what else is going into the Phase 2 project besides the 2 anchors, a couple of restaurants and a movie theater? ... I think I actually heard from the apartment management a bowling alley was coming too? ... LOL, talk about a class difference compared to having LV and Tiffany's over in Phase 1.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 1:29 AM

Not shure shure what all is going in besides the Anchors and movie theater me and my dad are maby going to look at building 5 in the Domain for our office.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bixkit78 View Post
New to the forum, interesting discussion. I was told by the property management (Lincoln Properties) of the Villages at the Domain (the residential units being constructed for Phase 2), that I was the first to sign a residential lease in the new phase.

I am set to move in on September 25th, and already have taken a few tours of the construction site of building Z (the stand-alone apartment building across from the shopping center). I am very excited to be moving into the new phase of the project, as I can already tell the the level of quality and design of the residential units are much higher than that of the first phase - Residences at the Domain.

I haven't been back to the site in over a month, but I am planning to take a look at it again next week, I will try to take some pictures and post them up.

I do have a question though. Has there been any discussion on what else is going into the Phase 2 project besides the 2 anchors, a couple of restaurants and a movie theater? ... I think I actually heard from the apartment management a bowling alley was coming too? ... LOL, talk about a class difference compared to having LV and Tiffany's over in Phase 1.
Welcome, bizkit. I had been seeing cars parked at the Villages at the Domain apartments and wondered when they would be opening. They do seem to be advertised as more exclusive. I was wondering if you knew what the retail beneath the apartments was going to be?

I haven't heard anything about the other stores going in at Phase 2. It is a HUGE topic of discussion at Macy's. I get the impression, I dunno from where, that it is going to be slightly lower end than Phase 1. But maybe I just made that up in my head. I know that the Macy's people would love some more affordable places to grab lunch.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 2:16 AM

I heard from our person doing the office interior test fits that there is supposed to be a Payless Shoes among all of the other businesses. She has seen the store layout map but I can't remember any of the others, our discussion was about the difference in "status" level between the two phases. Which I think is a good thing, maybe we can get some decently priced eating options for lunch within walking distance.

There can be "upscale" bowling as well, the Redpin in OKC (Lower Bricktown) is one. It isn't your standard AMF/Brunswick bowling alley.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 3:32 AM

California Pizza Kitchen is probably the most affordible restaurant in there right now their pretty good

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
Welcome, bizkit. I had been seeing cars parked at the Villages at the Domain apartments and wondered when they would be opening. They do seem to be advertised as more exclusive. I was wondering if you knew what the retail beneath the apartments was going to be?

I haven't heard anything about the other stores going in at Phase 2. It is a HUGE topic of discussion at Macy's. I get the impression, I dunno from where, that it is going to be slightly lower end than Phase 1. But maybe I just made that up in my head. I know that the Macy's people would love some more affordable places to grab lunch.
Villages currently have a building they are trying to lease out now, above ZARA, but those are very pricey, and I think they currently have just a few residence (like 8?). The other newer units by Phase 2 (especially one I am moving into -- 710sqft for $900), are a little more reasonable, especially since they are offering 2 months free.

As for the retail spots beneath the complex, the leasing agents I have been working with all have told me that they are currently empty... kinda makes me worried if I'm gonna be the only person over there ... lol

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
I heard from our person doing the office interior test fits that there is supposed to be a Payless Shoes among all of the other businesses. She has seen the store layout map but I can't remember any of the others, our discussion was about the difference in "status" level between the two phases. Which I think is a good thing, maybe we can get some decently priced eating options for lunch within walking distance.

There can be "upscale" bowling as well, the Redpin in OKC (Lower Bricktown) is one. It isn't your standard AMF/Brunswick bowling alley.
Though I do agree it would be nice to have some reasonably priced places in the new phase, I am really digging the Redpin concept... sounds like a lot of fun after spending $35 per ticket over at Village Roadhouse Cinema... haha

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyLine View Post
California Pizza Kitchen is probably the most affordible restaurant in there right now their pretty good
I think North is "pretty" reasonable, and I think they have really good food. Also Kona Grill isn't too bad...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 5:57 AM

Yeah North is good

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 8:38 PM

Well, I'm talking reasonable from a Macy's employee perspective... Although one of the places has a happy hour special on burgers and fries for $3 or $4, can't remember which one.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 1:45 AM

Reasonable for lunch would be nice, I am not talking about a McDonald's dollar menu thing but something like under 10 for a lunch meal. That's a hard thing to do at any of the current restaurants there right now.

CPK/Macy's is the view out of the windows at our office.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 5:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bixkit78 View Post
I think North is "pretty" reasonable, and I think they have really good food. Also Kona Grill isn't too bad...
I've only had lunch there. It was very reasonable, all things considered.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 4:57 PM
Austinite

A short order restaurant of any variety would be very much appreciated. Particularly the 'fast casual' types, such as Chipotle, Freebirds, Taco Cabana, etc. Not necessarily McDonalds or Burger King, and the like. I would be very surprised if the new phase doesn't have several eateries of that genre.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 5:51 PM

Freebirds is a good almost local. Would be interesting to see some other small local chains up there: Galaxy comes to mind. El Chilito.....

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Freebirds is a good almost local. Would be interesting to see some other small local chains up there: Galaxy comes to mind. El Chilito.....
There is a Freebirds right on the other side of Burnet across from the Domain. It would be a nice walk if it was a little more pedestrian friendly... Similar to having to "walk" to the new MetroRail. I wouldn't mind the walk at all if it was more pedestrian friendly... maybe some day.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
Well, I'm talking reasonable from a Macy's employee perspective... Although one of the places has a happy hour special on burgers and fries for $3 or $4, can't remember which one.
McCormick's happy hour has burger and fries for $1.95, lots of other tasty options under $5 as well. I've gone to it several times both at the downtown location and more recently the domain.

I agree about the Kramer MetroRail station, I work about a little over mile from it and even biking isn't an easy proposition for me the way Braker and Kramer are setup. Walking is not even possible.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 12:54 AM
Closed account

I thought those roads had sidewalks? Or is there some other reason walking isn't possible?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 2:13 PM

They have sidewalks on most of the length, but there's no shade; and nothing to look at but traffic and stuff so ugly it makes the traffic look good.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin