HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 6:08 PM

That's what I meant....we have seen a rendering, just NOT a recent one.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 6:13 PM

Yeah, but I was wondering about a FULL rendering. What will the top look like? I mean, we can see about 10 stories in that rendering and it's likely just 19 stories and a box on top, but it's weird the building is under construction and not one full building rendering.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 6:27 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Yeah, but I was wondering about a FULL rendering. What will the top look like? I mean, we can see about 10 stories in that rendering and it's likely just 19 stories and a box on top, but it's weird the building is under construction and not one full building rendering.
I am really thinking there may be a crown or some sort. At 19 floors with hotel floor spacing (roughly anywhere between 9 to 11 feet),there's no way this adds up to 263'. So there must be something other than a flat roof....at least I'm hoping!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 6:49 PM

Amen!!!!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I am really thinking there may be a crown or some sort. At 19 floors with hotel floor spacing (roughly anywhere between 9 to 11 feet),there's no way this adds up to 263'. So there must be something other than a flat roof....at least I'm hoping!
Where did you get the 263' number?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 7:36 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Where did you get the 263' number?
That's the FAA approved building height.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 7:24 PM

Up to the third floor. This is going to make a big difference for the area.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 12:57 AM

It really is, since it will continue to extend the downtown hub area another block south.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 7:16 PM
BANNED

Historic downtown Phoenix buildings sold for $44M

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...8&t=1449861042

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 10:59 PM

I went by this site this weekend... the hotel construction is up to what looked like the 9th floor.

I'd still be interested in seeing the full rendering, especially the top. Isn't there some kind of documentation for every project that can be found on the City's website? I don't know if it was zoning case, but maybe it's development/site plan case could be found online.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 10:59 PM
Modulator

So, I think I know why the renderings stop at the 10th floor. It looks like the whole South side of the tower is getting capped at 10 floors with only the Northern 2 columns still going vertical. Basically, it looks like there's going to be a huge stepback after the 10th floor. I knew something was up with this tower.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
So, I think I know why the renderings stop at the 10th floor. It looks like the whole South side of the tower is getting capped at 10 floors with only the Northern 2 columns still going vertical. Basically, it looks like there's going to be a huge stepback after the 10th floor. I knew something was up with this tower.
How did you figure this out?

So it will be only basically the north half of the building rising to 19 stories?

That might be kind of interesting from a profile perspective.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 2:06 AM

The renderings stopped well below the 10th floor. Given that it's a dual-branded concept, it makes sense that there would be some delineation, but 19 and 10 is a little lame. I agree that the profile will be a nice contrast, but it will hardly be visible at those heights. It's too bad the Luhrs Complex didn't trade hands sooner; maybe different owners might have had some vision and built this tower where the garage is instead of a prime-for-reuse historic structure.

PHX31- you can request the site plans/renderings from the City, but you'll need to send the shipping payment before they send you a CD containing the files. Too much work, IMO, considering how easily Tempe makes plans accessible.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
The renderings stopped well below the 10th floor. Given that it's a dual-branded concept, it makes sense that there would be some delineation, but 19 and 10 is a little lame. I agree that the profile will be a nice contrast, but it will hardly be visible at those heights. It's too bad the Luhrs Complex didn't trade hands sooner; maybe different owners might have had some vision and built this tower where the garage is instead of a prime-for-reuse historic structure.
If I am remembering correctly, there is another tower(s) planned for future development on the lot where the garage exists. Not sure what the timeline was for that second phase especially considering how long this first phase has taken, but it is quite possible that the design of this tower could somehow be related to future plans.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 4:53 AM

Quote:
I went by this site this weekend... the hotel construction is up to what looked like the 9th floor.

I'd still be interested in seeing the full rendering, especially the top. Isn't there some kind of documentation for every project that can be found on the City's website? I don't know if it was zoning case, but maybe it's development/site plan case could be found online.
If this is in fact the case the rendering does look diabolically designed to hide the fact.

Reminds me of when I went to go see about buying a house and all the pictures of the backyard were perfectly angled to cut out the fact that there was a monstrosity of a koi pond in the corner of the yard.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 5:20 PM

Well construction is up to the height of the Luhr's Building now, right at about the location of that major horizontal stripe. I guess we'll find out pretty soon how the building is going to turn out.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 2:44 AM

No new news on this but I pass by this building every day and with lack of an extender on the tower crane and no new vertical column framing going up. This thing might be topped out.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:56 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANUC View Post
No new news on this but I pass by this building every day and with lack of an extender on the tower crane and no new vertical column framing going up. This thing might be topped out.
There's vertial rebar for the12th floor in place, but hard to see unless viewed from nearly a block away. I'm predicting the crane to be raised within the next week or so. I'm pretty sure at this point it will be the full 19 stories.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:58 AM

Weeks ago I asked a crew member and he said 19 stories.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 8:45 PM

Just nine or so more floors left to go on Luhrs Downtown Marriott (Green Card Fund)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest