HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 1:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the information.

From what you describe, I would say it will be on Campbell St., I think I know which lot it will be.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 9:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Proposed plan for the Parc René-Arthur Fréchet Park, located in the green space on Mountain Road in front of Castle Manor.

Photo from Mayor Dawn Arnold's FB page.

Quote:
We are seeking your feedback on the green space located at 273 Mountain Road.

Visit www.letschatmoncton.ca to review the conceptual plan for the improvement of this the passive space and complete the online survey before December 16, 2019 or join us for a community discussion:

Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019
Time: 6 pm

Questions? consultation@moncton.ca / 506.383.6223

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 5:56 PM

Ashford demolition

Can someone explain to me exactly what Ashford is demolishing on Main St....maybe with pictures?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Can someone explain to me exactly what Ashford is demolishing on Main St....maybe with pictures?
The only one that I've read about is the old Paramount Theater building. But the plan is to demolish just the back part and leave the Main Street facade intact until they are ready to build something. The building has housed various night clubs/bars over the last several years.
They also own the old jail on Assomption. Not sure if they'd demolish that of try to redevelop it. In any event it should be interesting to see what happens.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 6:53 PM

Tide and Boar Brewing

Tide and Boar confirmed on their Facebook page today that they will be opening a full scale brewery and taproom by the NW corner of the Main/Vaughn Harvey intersection (1355 Main St) sometime in 2020.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Tide and Boar confirmed on their Facebook page today that they will be opening a full scale brewery and taproom by the NW corner of the Main/Vaughn Harvey intersection (1355 Main St) sometime in 2020.
Nice!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 11:25 PM

1327 Main St. (Ideal Muffler) on the corner of Main and Vaughn Harvey is for sale...$450,000

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...ain-st-moncton

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
Nice!
Yet another business/development that was heavily influenced by the Avenir Centre location along with the Tannery development nearby.

As an avid craft beer drinker I am starting to feel spoiled with the amount of taprooms and craft beer venues that are available within reasonable distance.

I used to be quite jealous of what Fredericton had for offerings but our craft beer scene is becoming something to be seriously proud of in how quickly its grown from only having pumphouse which is really more of a macro brewery.

Its great to have something at that end of town, will be an excellent place to walk for a beer after a hockey game or concert.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Yet another business/development that was heavily influenced by the Avenir Centre location along with the Tannery development nearby.

As an avid craft beer drinker I am starting to feel spoiled with the amount of taprooms and craft beer venues that are available within reasonable distance.

I used to be quite jealous of what Fredericton had for offerings but our craft beer scene is becoming something to be seriously proud of in how quickly its grown from only having pumphouse which is really more of a macro brewery.

Its great to have something at that end of town, will be an excellent place to walk for a beer after a hockey game or concert.
Apparently there are more people working in Craft breweries in NB now than in the Major Brewers.

Check out Tire Shack...great spot too!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 1:32 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo from the Tide & Boar FB page:

Quote:
We’ve been working really hard this past year on a very special project that means a lot to us. This has been our dream for a very long time, and we are so thankful for all of the support you have given us to get here.

We are expanding and giving Tide and Boar Brewing a place of its own at 1355 West Main St, Moncton, just a three-minute walk to the Avenir Center.
Upon opening there will be a full tap room with a great selection of beer on draught as well as food and parking. We will be brewing on a full-size system, which will allow us to keg and can our beer and will be available to take home. More details will be announced as we get closer to our opening in 2020. In the meantime, you can find our beer still being brewed in our tiny brewery beneath our gastropub and continue to find it on tap there as well.

We are also excited to announce some very special deals, to go along side the opening of our new brewery you can find and take advantage of them at tideandboar.com

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
1327 Main St. (Ideal Muffler) on the corner of Main and Vaughn Harvey is for sale...$450,000

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...ain-st-moncton
I would imagine whoever purchases this would tear it down. Still this seems like a real bargain price considering the location. I wonder if it encompasses the full corner where the Pattison signs are.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
I would imagine whoever purchases this would tear it down. Still this seems like a real bargain price considering the location. I wonder if it encompasses the full corner where the Pattison signs are.
Nope, there is a large property that includes those and goes up around 6 duplex's worth on the street next to the Garage. It might be a prime location but the land is small, you're paying 450k for under 15000 square feet so you won't be seeing anything large there, maybe a small restaurant?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Nope, there is a large property that includes those and goes up around 6 duplex's worth on the street next to the Garage. It might be a prime location but the land is small, you're paying 450k for under 15000 square feet so you won't be seeing anything large there, maybe a small restaurant?
Unless the two parcels of land could somehow be consolidated. Then they could do a more significant development here. If/when the Junction development people construct a 6 floor office building across Main Street, it would be nice to see something matching on this corner. We'll see.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Unless they went "up" instead of "out" like everything else in this city.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 4:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tandoori Zaika signage now up on Robinson Court.

Photo from Retail Talk & Share

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 4:19 PM

Driving down Highfield St. this morning, I noticed that there was a crew working at the new Hilton Garden Inn. I hadn't been by there for a while. It's really coming along and looks a lot more impressive than the old V Hotel that was there before.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 5:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice article in the T&T today about the new Tide & Boar Brewing location opening up near Main and Vaughan Harvey.

They said drivers for this new expansion in this particular location included the Junction Urban Village development across the street, the Avenir Centre, and the ready made population of nearby customers in the old west end who would likely appreciate a neighbourhood brew pub.

This is an excellent example of how development begets even more development, and how this can change the character of entire neighbourhoods. While Tide & Boar would likely have constructed a new production facility anyway, without other considerations, they might have simply built a small brewery and filler location in an industrial park. Instead, because of opportunities presented by the construction of the Avenir Centre, and subsequently the Junction Urban Village, they decided to combine their production facility with a new tap room, and build in in the old west end to take advantage of business opportunities. This is powerful evidence to disprove the naysayers who predicted that the Avenir Centre would be a sinkhole and a waste of taxpayer money.

The tap room in the new location will include a pub menu, which according to the article will be different than the current Tide & Boar location, and much more "fun" and pub like in character.

This place should be very busy on game nights when the Wildcats are playing........

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Nice article in the T&T today about the new Tide & Boar Brewing location opening up near Main and Vaughan Harvey.

They said drivers for this new expansion in this particular location included the Junction Urban Village development across the street, the Avenir Centre, and the ready made population of nearby customers in the old west end who would likely appreciate a neighbourhood brew pub.

This is an excellent example of how development begets even more development, and how this can change the character of entire neighbourhoods. While Tide & Boar would likely have constructed a new production facility anyway, without other considerations, they might have simply built a small brewery and filler location in an industrial park. Instead, because of opportunities presented by the construction of the Avenir Centre, and subsequently the Junction Urban Village, they decided to combine their production facility with a new tap room, and build in in the old west end to take advantage of business opportunities. This is powerful evidence to disprove the naysayers who predicted that the Avenir Centre would be a sinkhole and a waste of taxpayer money.

The tap room in the new location will include a pub menu, which according to the article will be different than the current Tide & Boar location, and much more "fun" and pub like in character.

This place should be very busy on game nights when the Wildcats are playing........
The Tide & Boar owner has been experimenting with pop up artisan pizza events under the name "high pies pizza". If I had to guess this will be heavily featured in the new location.. iny travels I've come across quite a few breweries who focus on pizza as their primary food offering. Once you have the proper equipment it's easier to do.

They have some cool promotions going on at their new website tideandboarbrewing.com leading into openimg with mug programs (free beer on your birthday, merch discount and discount on beer on site), vacuum sealed stainless steel growlers & you can even pay $300 to brew your own beer at the brewery & they'll serve it on tap.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 8:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hilton Garden Inn - current status:

I really like how this building will provide for a continuous facade along this side of the block, and that it's height will be identical to the Dominion Public Building.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 9:11 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Hilton Garden Inn - current status:

I really like how this building will provide for a continuous facade along this side of the block, and that it's height will be identical to the Dominion Public Building.
I like how they cut up the facade to resemble a series of smaller buildings that mimics the way infill happens on a main street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces