HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I have empathy for refugees. My parents were refugees in Europe after WW2. The problem is and it's one that no one wants to talk about is that the Feds are not screening like the non profit groups and we are ending up with a bunch of people that have no desire to be anything more than a burden on our systems. This burden eventually falls onto municipalities that are barely afloat themselves. It's a non issue if we could afford it. We can't. RE: growing number of homelessness.
We have enough money to help everyone. They money is going into business and to stimulate the economy (supply side economics). Members of our society will have to decide this for themselves. Do we help businesses or do we help people? the choice is yours.

Don't fall into the right wing myth about the unemployable refugee who lives on the dole. That isn't actually true. I know refugees. They are put to work right away and they are only supported for one year by the government. Most are entirely on their own without supports.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada