HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:08 PM

Very cool video which chronicles the construction of the arena between may 2013 up until now.

Video Link

Computer modelling

Video Link

Last edited by davidivivid; Yesterday at 7:24 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:17 PM

Video of the new arena as seen from the air:

Video Link

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Yeah, it's just about done all right, water down the field and it will be mud just like it used to be for the Rough Riders. They've still got a lot of work to do there cowboy.
Sounds like someone is a little insecure that one stadium has visibly progressed more than another stadium.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
A jumbotron and a new field are relatively minor improvements... I'm sure if the Stamps were planning on remaining at McMahon for the long haul there would be much bigger changes in store.

It'll be exciting to see what Calgary comes up with. I would expect a city of that size and wealth to come up with something that surpasses the other new western stadiums in Winnipeg and Regina.
I would too. The problem remains the province's and city's reticence with regards to stadium funding. Winnipeg and Regina had no issues there. Actually I shouldn't say that - Nenshi made it quite clear he would not fund pro sports facilities in Calgary.

Without funding from various levels of government I cannot see the owners of the Stamps building something as nice as the Winnipeg and Regina stadiums. The ROI for a CFL team just isn't there for 100% private investment.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Sounds like someone is a little insecure that one stadium has visibly progressed more than another stadium.
Well considering that one was half started, and the person who posts about it keeps bragging it's the best stadium in Canada and seems to want to make it a race with Hamilton, which they were long ahead before it started...yes it rankles a bit.

Also saying it's almost complete when posting a picture that obviously shows it isn't and generally acting like an ahole about it in several posts, doesn't help my disposition. And to the several Peggers who shat on Hamilton, karma's a beatch, ain't it. How's that for insecurity?

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Well considering that one was half started, and the person who posts about it keeps bragging it's the best stadium in Canada and seems to want to make it a race with Hamilton, which they were long ahead before it started...yes it rankles a bit.

Also saying it's almost complete when posting a picture that obviously shows it isn't and generally acting like an ahole about it in several posts, doesn't help my disposition. And to the several Peggers who shat on Hamilton, karma's a beatch, ain't it. How's that for insecurity?
How exactly is karma a beatch?

Am I missing something here?

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:59 PM

Quote:

Also remember ... half of Ottawa's "new" stadium has been built since the 60s. A bit of a head start there. The term "new" when talking about the ottawa stadium is kind of a half truth. Pun intended. And did I hear correctly that someone has been pegging this reno as Canada's best stadium? Canada's best refurbished stadium, maybe. Maybe.

Old Posted Today, 9:00 AM

Quote:

How have I been acting like an Ahole pray tell? I'm excited about my city's stadium; Ottawa's gone long without. I didn't even mention Hamilton in my latest post so lay off.

Old Posted Today, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I would too. The problem remains the province's and city's reticence with regards to stadium funding. Winnipeg and Regina had no issues there. Actually I shouldn't say that - Nenshi made it quite clear he would not fund pro sports facilities in Calgary.

Without funding from various levels of government I cannot see the owners of the Stamps building something as nice as the Winnipeg and Regina stadiums. The ROI for a CFL team just isn't there for 100% private investment.
This is exactly why we shouldn't get our hopes up in Calgary for a new stadium. Why on earth would the Flames/Stamps owners build their own stadium, only to be used 10 times a year (plus maybe a few concerts).

Old Posted Today, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty McButterpants View Post
Also remember ... half of Ottawa's "new" stadium has been built since the 60s. A bit of a head start there. The term "new" when talking about the ottawa stadium is kind of a half truth. Pun intended. And did I hear correctly that someone has been pegging this reno as Canada's best stadium? Canada's best refurbished stadium, maybe. Maybe.
For the foreseeable future, that title is likely to be held by BC Place.

Old Posted Today, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveston View Post
Or Commonwealth, or Molson. And if things keep up, Winnipeg. Now that's an ahole comment

Old Posted Today, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveston View Post
No argument here. No comparison as of yet.

Old Posted Today, 9:02 PM
ARTchitecture

Landsdown is nice, but not even close to BC Place, and sorry to say, but judging by historic trends over and over, the franchise will be defunct within a few years.

Old Posted Today, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Landsdown is nice, but not even close to BC Place, and sorry to say, but judging by historic trends over and over, the franchise will be defunct within a few years.
I think that is a naïve comment, are the Winnipeg Jets going to be defunct and leave when times are tough.....because they did it once already?

Everyone agrees the ownership of the past killed Ottawa, along with a terribly outdated stadium.

Local ownership, refurbished Lansdowne and from what I have seen a VERY well marketed team and ad campaign, including 300K Francophones in the Gatineau region, means long term success

Last edited by cjones2451; Today at 10:19 PM.

Old Posted Today, 10:01 PM
ARTchitecture

I hope you're right.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada