HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 10:49 PM

Public private partnership

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
http://saportareport.com/blog/2013/1...e-partnership/

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed says the planned transit system along the Atlanta BeltLine should be funded through a public private partnership.
Mayor Kasim Reed said the BeltLine's planned transit system will require a public private partnership. Here he rides a bike at the dedication of the BeltLine's East Side Trail. Credit: Christopher T. Martin

Mayor Kasim Reed said the construction of the BeltLine’s planned transit system will require a public private partnership. Here he rides a bike at the dedication of the BeltLine’s East Side

“We’re going to have to have a public private partnership,” Reed said. “We’re going to need to partner with an investor to put up $3 [billion] to $4 billion to put up the rail component. … I believe that is the right way to go because I’d like to ride the light rail while I’m alive.”

If the project moves forward, the price would dwarf the $840 million network of managed lanes the state Department of Transportation is building in Cobb and Cherokee counties alongside I-75 and I-575 through a public private partnership. This project is the largest project of its kind in Georgia history.

Reed said he recognizes that the BeltLine has touched the soul of Atlantans. Because of this attachment to the BeltLine’s promise, Reed said he intends to take a year to work toward public acceptance of bringing in private funding to develop support for a public private partnership.
Do what you gotta do and let's get this thing built!

Last edited by L.ARCH; Nov 24, 2013 at 4:25 AM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 6:39 PM

Atlanta BeltLine outlines its future 17 years

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...re.html?page=2

Quote:
As a guide to see where it’s been and where it’s going, the board of the Atlanta BeltLine Inc. Wednesday unanimously adopted a new strategic implementation panto guide the ambitious development through 2030.

“For the first time, there’s a plan to complete all the elements of the plan by 2030,” said Paul Morris, CEO of Atlanta BeltLine Inc. “What excites me is that the public’s awareness of the BeltLine is moving to a position of inevitability. That’s a real turning point in any great project.”

“In the next three years we have the possibility of having 80 percent of the 22 mile corridor,” Morris said.

The section that continues to be challenging is the quadrant from the northwest to the north, where there continues to be an active rail line. Atlanta BeltLine is exploring various options to complete the circle in light of the active freight line serving that area. The goal is to own right-of-way in the entire 22-mile corridor within the next five years.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 11:20 PM

Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.’s Long Range Strategic Implementation Plan

For the next five years, Period 1, the SIP includes the following project priorities:
  1. Securing rights to the remaining right-of-way to complete the 22-mile Atlanta BeltLine loop;
  2. Completing the southern half of the Westside Trail and commencing construction on the Southeast Trail;
  3. Constructing Boulevard Crossing Phase II, Enota and Murphy Crossing Parks;
  4. Initiating the first phase of Westside Reservoir Park including the passive-use park space; and
  5. Constructing streetcar/light-rail transit on the East and West sides of the Atlanta BeltLine.

Atlanta Beltline 2030 Strategic Implementation Plan.pdf

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 11:26 PM

Groundbreaking Friday morning for the ramp connecting Old Fourth Ward Park to the Beltline (close to Two Urban Licks). They don't list any timeline but I think there's going to have to be a bunch earth-moving. Maybe by the fall??

http://beltline.org/events/eastside-...roundbreaking/

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 11:06 PM

2013 Overall Excellence in Smart Growth

Among the numerous accolades the Beltline has received, is this one from the EPA.

Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail and Historic Fourth Ward Park

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:20 AM

Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 10:38 PM

Edgewood Avenue Bridge Reopens tomorrow

On Tuesday, April 1, the Edgewood Avenue Bridge over the Atlanta BeltLine corridor will reopen to vehicular, pedestrian and bicycle traffic.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 7:03 PM

Should be interesting to see what they come up with for this little strip:

Quote:
Along the Eastside Trail sits a 47,829-square-foot rectangle of land full of potential and not much else... at least for now. Invest Atlanta would like to change that. On Monday, according to Saporta Report, the city announced its plan to sell the promising little acre of land — but not to just any joker with a big pocket book (Do people still say "pocket book"?). No! They have a vision for the space.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/archives/2...tline.php#more

Any ideas?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Should be interesting to see what they come up with for this little strip:

http://atlanta.curbed.com/archives/2...tline.php#more

Any ideas?
i am in agreement with a lot of people commenting on that curbed article that this makes no sense. doesnt the eventual Beltline rail need to go directly through this space? i dont understand how there is room to build anything there other than the beltline itself.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
i am in agreement with a lot of people commenting on that curbed article that this makes no sense. doesnt the eventual Beltline rail need to go directly through this space? i dont understand how there is room to build anything there other than the beltline itself.
Apparently the Masquerade owners, or the owners of that lot 14, not sure who exactly, but they're going to be selling that property. I'm assuming whomever comes in with a proposal with this land will include the Masquerade's lot in their proposal. It's unfortunate, because I love the Masquerade and what it offers to the music scene, I'm not sure who will take up the banner. There's not a lot of good, in town, medium sized spaces. Variety Playhouse's set up is, meh, the Earl is on the small end, and the Tabernacle is on the larger end. I suppose Terminal West, but they're sort of far off from the East Side neighborhoods where most people still live. I always enjoyed being able to walk to a show.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 4:17 PM

isnt the Maquerade a historical building? like an old mill or something? i have a lot of memories of going to shows there, going back almost 20 years. i t sure would be a shame to see it go. i think it adds a lot of needed character to that neighborhood

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
Apparently the Masquerade owners, or the owners of that lot 14, not sure who exactly, but they're going to be selling that property. I'm assuming whomever comes in with a proposal with this land will include the Masquerade's lot in their proposal. It's unfortunate, because I love the Masquerade and what it offers to the music scene, I'm not sure who will take up the banner. There's not a lot of good, in town, medium sized spaces. Variety Playhouse's set up is, meh, the Earl is on the small end, and the Tabernacle is on the larger end. I suppose Terminal West, but they're sort of far off from the East Side neighborhoods where most people still live. I always enjoyed being able to walk to a show.
I'm guessing you've never been to center stage in midtown its a similar setup to masquerade with 3 stages. I agree that the masquerade should live on though maybe with 2 stages instead of 3 and no outdoor venue like they currently have.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 5:41 PM

they hardly ever use the outdoor venue area.. if the masquerade main building stayed and they build apartments int he area where the current outdoor venue area is it would be great and make a lot of sense. even in that case though, i still dont really understand how the parcel of land being sold here could be developed. it really seems to me that is on top of where the rail line would eventually go but maybe im just looking at it wrong. obviously they wouldnt sell a piece of land to a developer if it meant compromising the beltline itself

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic Observer View Post
I'm guessing you've never been to center stage in midtown its a similar setup to masquerade with 3 stages. I agree that the masquerade should live on though maybe with 2 stages instead of 3 and no outdoor venue like they currently have.
Actually, yea, I've been to Center Stage / Vinyl, etc. I guess I totally forgot about those. You're right, those aren't bad, but again, I still don't think they fit the Masquerade's niche though.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 5:52 PM

the masquerade is such a unique venue (not just for atlanta but in general) it would be a huge shame to see it closed. i've seen some great shows there - little dragon, tycho, PB&J... center stage just seems rather generic in comparison.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 7:04 PM

Wasn't there some proposal for that site a few years ago that planned to redevelop that building in some way? Or did just imagine it?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 3:32 PM

Beltline updates from this morning.

Entrance to O4W park:

Some work (planting trees?) near Two Urban Licks:

Site of Beltline connection to the North Ave Kroger

Beltline adjacent contruction updates for 755 North, 280 Elizabeth, and Amli Ponce Park posted at the Atlanta development map.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Some work (planting trees?) near Two Urban Licks:
That's site prep for more native grass and wildflower installation by Trees Atlanta. There will be a few more trees planted near there as well, though.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
isnt the Maquerade a historical building? like an old mill or something? i have a lot of memories of going to shows there, going back almost 20 years. i t sure would be a shame to see it go. i think it adds a lot of needed character to that neighborhood
I doubt the historic building would go anywhere, just the club itself.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic Observer View Post
Center Stage is a great venue...I've been to many shows and parties there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta