HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
So now they have funding and it still takes 1+ years to build 3 blocks?? I know this is "more than a sidewalk" but this is ridiculous. This should be done in 3 months, max. People need to stop being so apathetic about the timelines, I'd like to enjoy this project before I retire.
They have to cut out an extremely heavy bridge (unlike the one over Ponce, the steel span was completely filled with cement) and handle all the road closings involved. Then install the new one — they are planning on pre-fabbing it. In addition to running utilities along the entire stretch of trail. Infrastructure is hard.

I sure hope the cowboy version of the Ansley portion happens. What a great idea, and to have Georgia Power as a partner is super-cool and bodes well for their other large properties along the beltline (O4W Park and Plyant for starters)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta