HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 9:28 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Nice to see SF finally getting a NBA arena in the city.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
Nope. Run away indeed--your ideas are bad, and you should feel bad.

There won't be any additional bridges for car traffic or widened "free"ways in San Francisco (they're not free) because the young generations don't obsess exclusively on private car travel like our dipshit hippie elders did.

Exclusive roadways for cars are neither free nor affordable nor sustainable. Car-obsessed hippies should take BART and Muni, instead of complaining about how every other elder drove to the Paul McCartney concert and somehow gridlock ensued.

Boohoo! I drove my private car to the show, like all my lazy generation did, and I got stuck in traffic!!! Whaaaaaa! It's everyone's fault but mine!

#cars-first asshole
#the worst generation
#if you complain about traffic you are part of the problem
Boohoo! Bus didn't show up. Its because cars are evil and car drivers are assholes. Its every one's fault but mine because I am the Mother Teresa of public transport. You sound like you are part of the worst generation and look in the mirror if you want to see a true asshole. Hope prices rise high enough to push you out of this city.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 4:17 PM
dazzle me

^ blah blah

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:19 PM

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 10:07 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

The Chronicle's CW Nevius has a short blurb on the new arena with a few photos and a little info: most notably, the two proposed 160' office towers on site are 'of right'--no zoning variance required. This may get built faster than we initially thought.

The site of the Golden State Warriors' future arena will blossom with office space and retail shops. Photo: Sarah Rice, Special To The Chronicle

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 11:12 PM

New Renderings have been released:
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...-revealed.html

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 11:57 PM

The Toilet Bowl

I knew the renderings looked a little funny to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...et-bowl-design

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 2:53 AM

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 9:49 PM
Green Berniecrat

Well this is certainly welcomed news. I don't follow basketball but I'm sure there would have been many well timed puns during arena flyovers on gamedays.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 6:48 PM

according to recent reports, the warriors plan to open the SF arena in time for the 2017-2018 season, 1 year earlier than planned.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 8:33 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholgado View Post
according to recent reports, the warriors plan to open the SF arena in time for the 2017-2018 season, 1 year earlier than planned.
Is that icon in your namespace official? Are they going to be SF Warriors? If this is true they have about 32 months to build this thing.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
Is that icon in your namespace official? Are they going to be SF Warriors? If this is true they have about 32 months to build this thing.
thats the old-school logo from the 60s back when the warriors played in SF.

ideally, the warriors want to break ground next summer and the construction will take 24 months. (contractors are already hired)

im pretty confident the owners will rename the franchise to "San Francisco Warriors." everytime the owner Joe Lacob gets asked this question, he always starts off smiling and says that it will be up to the fans once the relocation is completed.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 PM

new renderings released

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 4:16 AM

Wow, they really shoe horned that thing in there, didn't they? The street closest to the water between the arena and the park- they should just close it down. That is going to be a jaywalker nightmare, unless they really expect thousands of people to wait patiently for the walk signal in a crosswalk before and after events and games. There is nothing open about this at all, it looks so forced. The design is pretty meh, too.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 5:07 AM
Get me out of here

^^Always so negative... I think it looks great, and a nice improvement over the previous renders. They seem to be making good use of the available land. Maybe there will be a problem with jaywalkers?? I'm sure there's problems with jaywalkers outside of every stadium/arena going across the street.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 6:09 AM

No, I'm just miffed that what was a glorious proposal has turned into an afterthought. I really liked the original proposal on the Pier. This fits right into the medical office nouveau of Mission Bay.
Upside is that a new arena is a great thing for the city. They had better up the capacity of the T- Line, imagine home Giants and Warriors games on the same day!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 11:32 PM

^^as much as i loved the pier design, it was never going to be built, and it if it ever did, it wouldnt break ground until another 10 years from now. there was way too much controversial hurdles and opposition surrounding that project.

i like this new mission bay project, although i think it needs to look more iconic. kinda reminds me of an upgraded version of staples center.

what i would like to see in the next rendering is the view of the arena from the western portion of this parcel (where the 2 biotech buildings are situated).

im also really curious to see what the outer skin will be made out of. (other than the glass portion)

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 3:10 AM

Very Nice. The new design looks great.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 10:28 PM

it is hard to tell from the renderings due to the particular angles they have shown, but it also appears to have lost the undulation of the roofline that the pier version had (but that seems to have gone along with the asymmetrical shape that is clearly gone from this site's version), a feature that I found to be the most interesting of the original design.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 6:56 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development