HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 18, 2021, 7:57 AM
Pay it Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbear View Post

In California I paid about 10% of my income in state income taxes. Texas does not have a state income tax.
And this is why Texas is scrambling to fill a deficit while CA is swimming in a 15 billion dollar surplus, during a pandemic.

Elon Musk moving here has zero benefit to TX whatsoever, whereas in California, his obnoxious ass contributed to the state he lived in and earned his tens of billions, as he should.

There is no reason why a state should let the super rich get away with paying zero taxes while enjoying the services a state provides. Trust me, we won't die from paying our fair share.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

Old Posted Mar 18, 2021, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimondpark View Post
And this is why Texas is scrambling to fill a deficit while CA is swimming in a 15 billion dollar surplus, during a pandemic.

Elon Musk moving here has zero benefit to TX whatsoever, whereas in California, his obnoxious ass contributed to the state he lived in and earned his tens of billions, as he should.

There is no reason why a state should let the super rich get away with paying zero taxes while enjoying the services a state provides. Trust me, we won't die from paying our fair share.
Totally agree

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 12:55 PM

I guess there’s at least one new resident moving in (some of the time anyway), not out:

Quote:
Prince Harry Is Taking on a New Job Title: Chief Impact Officer at BetterUp
The Duke of Sussex is going to work for the unicorn employee coaching and mental health startup in his latest foray into business

Prince Harry won’t manage employees or have direct reports, but he is likely to spend some time in the company’s San Francisco headquarters once it is safe to do so, and to participate in all-hands meetings, Mr. Robichaux said. He is also expected to appear at special company events.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/prince-...=hp_lead_pos10

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 3:56 PM

These ZIP codes saw a spike in residents from San Francisco during the pandemic

This article, toward the end, has a chart that shows actual number of people rather than just percentages moving to particular zip codes. IMHO the numbers are quite small for a city the size of SF. The article also points out zip codes to which there were FEWER moves from SF.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2022, 11:22 PM

It's true lot of people changed their location after the pandemic. But I doubt the article and map are 100% correct. I work with San Francisco drivers and know they are losing population. Some of their buildings are empty. So the report data isn't so accurate. Besides, there were business relocations not just because of the pandemic. Companies can relocate because of labor issues or the desire to reach new markets. Another reason can be the need to upgrade facilities. And tbh, moving because of a virus seems nonsense. I hate moving in general. Whenever I change my location, I hire Putney removals because I'm too lazy to transport my stuff.

Last edited by RusselMartinez; Dec 20, 2022 at 11:11 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions