HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 3, 2023, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
We have articles that say that at least demo could start as soon as this summer for the Wilson Supertall, we should have it as a potential maybe start for 2023 in my opinion.
I certainly hope so. The only reason I didn't include on my 2023 start list was because the site plan was submitted in May, and it takes a year to a year and a half to get approval for large projects. If it follows the normal time frame for approvals and gets financing relatively quickly, I think it's an early 2024 start.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2023, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Some others I’d suspect:

Annie B
24RG
Marvin Gardens
Ikon Austin

Conrad Hotel & Residences is another but there’s some sort of hiccup here. No work going on at the sales center which was expected to open before years end.
Not that I expect it to break ground any time soon, but it seems like good news if Intracorp is still talking about this project as a 2022 "milestone".

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 2:26 PM

Bump.

Thoughts on if we get anything new going this year?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 2:59 PM

I think we could hear about a larger hotel project -- something 600-1000 rooms -- if the convention center project is finally locked down.

Coincidentally, I'd love to hear something about the Railyard . . . .

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 3:06 PM
randalls

Wondering if the Sabine Tower or Annie B. could still break ground this year...?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 7:59 PM
Old West Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
I think we could hear about a larger hotel project -- something 600-1000 rooms -- if the convention center project is finally locked down.

Coincidentally, I'd love to hear something about the Railyard . . . .
Did the Railyard project include a large office component? If do, can't imagine that moving forward as designed, or any new office building for that matter. They still need to fill 6XG, Sail, 1111 West 6th, South Lamar etc etc etc.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2023, 7:08 PM

Thoughts on super contemporary structures in austin: does our area prefer to design this way, or is it because the ROI can’t afford more unique designs? You would think austin architects would be a little more bold with their creations. Our bldgs usually look more like an engineer drew them than an architect. if so, Would the community even engage in designs like this, or would they be too progressive for our area? For example kuala lumpur-
Seems like west campus tries the hardest to be modern but in a very cheap way, would this ever spread downtown in a more upscale way. I see that we are getting more horizontal and organic movement with proposals like perennial and 506 west. Are we anticipating that this direction is going to be the new austin norm? Also what are the chances we could see some neat lighting in the pipeline, specifically near the waterfront so it reflects at night?
I know some people view tower lights as tacky, i personally like them. For example some of the buildings in Dallas are pretty boldly lit (I’m not saying we need the Omni billboard facade)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awe5Gy2SSiMhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awe5Gy2SSiM

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 8:17 PM

Possible (13) 2024 Starts?

Waterloo Park Hotel
62 East
the Graduate
Wilson
One Ladybird Lake
6th & Rio
506 West
7th & Trinity
Sabine Tower
Annie B
the Liberty
Embassy Suites
AC Marriott

What do yall think? Any others I forgot? And if we actually do get 13 starts it will pretty impressive given current economic climate.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 8:38 PM

2023 will be the first year in a long time that we had no 300 foot or greater projects start downtown. With all the ongoing construction, that was hardly noticed. But two 300 footers did start in West Campus.

Of the 300' + projects on your list, I think these have a reasonable chance for a 2024 start:

Waterloo Park Hotel
62 East
Wilson
The Liberty
Hilton Embassy Suites & Tempo.

I don't think the 6th & Rio Grande site plan will be approved in time for a 2024 start.

No site plan has been filed for the AC Marriott. So that's a 2025 project at best.

The Sabine tower project seems to have stalled. The site plan was split in two (one for demo/site prep & one for the tower.) One of the site plans has had no activity since August and the other has been expired for months.

After the 506 West site plan was withdrawn and resubmitted over two months ago, it was not updated and has since expired. So that one doesn't look good at the moment.

The Annie B site plan is going into its third year of waiting for approval. So there seems to be no hurry with getting that one started.

But if the five I'm hopeful about start, 2024 will still be a good year for tower starts.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; Dec 20, 2023 at 8:57 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin