HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Which will be _illegal_. Ticket a few drivers and it will stop being an issue. I haven't heard of it being a problem in the lanes downtown.
It really isn't an issue. I cross Guad and Lavaca every day and I've seen exactly 2 cars in them illegally since they were installed

And while I know that's certainly far form a scientific survey, compared to other traffic laws that I see broken, this is very far down the list.

Unrelated: does anybody have any updates on the Lone Star Rail District?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digatisdi View Post
It really isn't an issue. I cross Guad and Lavaca every day and I've seen exactly 2 cars in them illegally since they were installed

And while I know that's certainly far form a scientific survey, compared to other traffic laws that I see broken, this is very far down the list.
Last time I drove up Lavaca during evening rush (~5 weeks ago) I saw many violators (~20 for the trip, which took about 20 minutes from CC up to MLK). Granted, it was unusually high due to construction-induced frustration, but still. It's a rare trip during rush hour when I don't see a violation of some kind.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 5:25 PM

I'm always on Lavaca and I've only seen 2 or 3 total violators. And one of them was likely a visitor who mistakenly used the lane; they eventually moved out of the lane.

For the most part, the public seems to be adhering to the law.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 5:30 PM

$96M for toll lanes: McCarthy nabs first major Central Texas highway project

Jan Buchholz
Staff Writer- Austin Business Journal

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...rst-major.html

One of the largest contractors in the country — but not yet a major player in Central Texas — will build express toll lanes on State Highway 71 near Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 5:51 PM

^^^ I guess this is why they tore down businesses, houses and moved a church near the 71/130 intersection area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin