HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

View Poll Results: Is SEPTA doing a great job in regards to bus, subway, and commuter rail overall??????
YES 56 48.70%
NO 59 51.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 11:07 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

I would send it to the 40th street Portal then up to Lancaster Ave and then onto the Bala Branch. I think a separate Trolley should branch off the 10 and service the Zoo / Fairmount Park.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 8:36 PM

Talking

What should really happen is that PATCO should terminate at 8th and Market. Then riders could transfer to SEPTA from there. SEPTA could take back the Locust Street Line, and extend it into West Philly, terminating at the Penn Medicine Station, 40th Street portal, or the Airport - some intermodal hub, and not just a random end station the way PATCO terminates now.
It makes sense to have a station at Rittenhouse Square, but it would be odd for that to be a PATCO station instead of SEPTA. Rittenhouse Sq should be accessible primarily to people of Philadelphia, not just people coming in from NJ. Nothing against people from NJ

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 1:44 AM

The ghost of William S. Twining stirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
What should really happen is that PATCO should terminate at 8th and Market. Then riders could transfer to SEPTA from there. SEPTA could take back the Locust Street Line, and extend it into West Philly, terminating at the Penn Medicine Station, 40th Street portal, or the Airport - some intermodal hub, and not just a random end station the way PATCO terminates now.
It makes sense to have a station at Rittenhouse Square, but it would be odd for that to be a PATCO station instead of SEPTA. Rittenhouse Sq should be accessible primarily to people of Philadelphia, not just people coming in from NJ. Nothing against people from NJ
That resembles the original intention of the 8th-Locust Subway, which was built pursuant to the 1923 authorized plan as an extension of the Broad-Ridge Spur and meant to continue westward across the river and eventually rise to an elevated line over Woodland Avenue to the city line.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2024, 3:19 AM

SEPTA cancels $185 million Chinese contract for double-decker Regional Rail cars

https://www.inquirer.com/transportat...-20240412.html

Well, shit.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2024, 5:11 AM
Show me the blueprints

I personally think CRRC should be banned from the US market.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 13, 2024, 7:12 PM

Yeah the way the bidding process works for this stuff seems crazy to me. Personally i feel like they should focus on making regional rail into more of a metro/s bahn system, and trolley modernization. That and just making the el and bsl safer and more efficient. The blvd subway would be great if that becomes a thing.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2024, 6:50 PM

Drexel Station at 30th Street Welcomes SEPTA Customers https://wwww.septa.org/news/drexel-s...pta-customers/

I believe this means the new entrance at the NW corner of 31st & Market is open to the public. This press release doesn't make it very clear and I haven't been able to run over and check it out in person yet.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation