HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtex View Post
so looking at your choices, do you spot any kind of theme? huge metropolis, world center, common topography or climate? not even thinking about consciously at first, i realized ever city i like is situated on a huge body of water. either a great lake, enormous, bay or right on the ocean....huh....maybe i need to put seattle on my list......
This is definitely the case for me. I think Paris is about the farthest from a major body of water (ocean, Mediterranean, Great Lakes) that I would want to live.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Summer: Barcelona
Way too hot!

As cities go, London is actually pretty nice in the summer. Temps are usually in the 70s, only occasionally hotter, and it doesn't rain THAT much.

But if we're playing the "money is no object" game, I presume that means I wouldn't have to work, and so I'd rather spend summer shuttling between various beach locales and/or a yacht.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
This is definitely the case for me. I think Paris is about the farthest from a major body of water (ocean, Mediterranean, Great Lakes) that I would want to live.
i think living in portland, this is an itch ive never been able to scratch, even to this day. i love the mountains and our extremely scenic coast, but you cant really swim in it (i felt the same way living in colorado too). oregon isnt really chock full of swimable lakes either. portlands one potential awesome lake is condsidered a "non navigable waterway" and is thus exempt from local access laws. its also lined with giant mansions and has essentially become privately owned. go figure. we do have rivers, which are nice, but still different then a huge lapping great lake, florida sea shore or nice inland sports lake. meh, thats ok. seattle definitely has the water trump card but portlands still pretty cool. just not good for swimming. i guess if you grew up in the midwest, thats something you can't shake. a childhood of watery pursuits. chicagos sheer size and awesomeness, and its lakeshore is so unique, id move there just for the water...and pizza....

Last edited by pdxtex; Sep 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions