HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 4:57 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
just in case somebody has a question that isn't idiotic.
What would a park-goer like that be doing in Orlando though?

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:02 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Caring father/grandfather, but not creepy pedophile, I imagine.
Aren't those like the same thing these days? Hell, usually, the more clean cut a person appears, the less I tend to trust them.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:04 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
What would a park-goer like that be doing in Orlando though?
Delayed shuttle launch is the only circumstance I can think of.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:05 PM

A little mix up in the current discussion...the entire article is at the link.
Maybe some officials from Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado where medical marijuana is legal need to come to Idaho and tell the facist police, and per this article Eastern Idaho police to chill the hell out. After all, marijuana is Idaho's largest cash crop, the forests are usually teeming with grow operations. In Boise all a person needs to do is drive 45 minutes to Ontario, Oregon to obtain it legally, but you better use it all before coming back across the state line.

http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news/...cc4c002e0.html
Idaho officials warn Montana medical marijuana users to leave pot at home

ST. ANTHONY, Idaho - Idaho law enforcement officials statewide have a simple message for medical marijuana users with valid permits from neighboring states: Don't expect any legal leniency if caught with the drug in the Gem State.

Idaho is not a medical marijuana state, but is bordered by states like Washington, Oregon and Montana with medical marijuana laws on the books. Idaho also does not recognize the legal rights those states give to patients to buy and possess small amounts for health reasons.

More at the link above.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:10 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
The castle at Disney World has a great restaurant with one of the best atmospheres found. Plus that is just part of it as Disney has some of the best rides in the world and at EPCOT, my favorite park by far, its more of a adult park with the food and wine festival that has great free concerts.

This is the description:

The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is an autumn special event that transforms Epcot Theme Park into a food and wine lover's paradise with specialty food items, culinary events, sophisticated parties and live musical entertainment.

Try delicious regional foods, wines and beers from around the world at special marketplaces set up along World Showcase Promenade. Learn from renowned chefs and winemakers at special programs and demonstrations, and sample the finest cuisine from around the globe at spectacular culinary events.

When you arrive at Epcot, visit the Festival Welcome Center to plan your day. There you'll also find the Festival Wine Shop and the Wonders Bar—where you can purchase champagne and wine or attend official book signings with celebrity chefs and authors. The Stockpot shop offers marvelous merchandise, including the collectible marketplace cookbook. Plus, there is more to do than just enjoying great food and beverage. Enjoy the Eat to the Beat concert series and unwind with a stellar lineup of celebrated musical acts.

The thrills at the ultimate dining, drinking and music event don't stop. Discover the many taste adventures that await:
Could you please stop cutting and pasting Disney's description of everything here? This thread is starting to look like a flyer for a vacation time share. You can say why you like the food and wine festival and the disney look without giving us all diabetes from reading their 10000 calorie sugary descriptions of themselves.

Incidentally I do agree that the Food and Wine festival is great.. if you happen to live in Orlando, so is the flower/garden event, and New Years Eve sorta... Otherwise every other city has something similar or better with their own 'taste of', home/garden shows, etc. You're really not getting anything extra over what you'd get at the taste of Colorado etc. - besides overpriced hotel rooms, 80.00 a day admission to the park and a few hundred dollar plane ticket by going to the Food and Wine festival.

Disneyworld is worth traveling to once or twice. It's definitely worth that. It's worth going to more often if you live there and can get an annual pass (so are Universal and Sea World too with Universal the best rides of the three by far). Drinking around the world is fun to do instead of a happy hour sometimes.. though you have to start in England and get beer so that you don't have to get drinks mixed by the "cast" until you're buzzing a little. Eventually, by the time you get to Mexico you don't notice that the Margaritas are the worst in the entire world (the real world).

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:12 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Delayed shuttle launch is the only circumstance I can think of.
HAHAHA.. yeah I guess that's a good reason to be there

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:24 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I'd hate to be my kid. No Disneyworld for them. They'll be getting edumacated (with their tiger dad) at the Kennedy Space Center.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:30 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
A little mix up in the current discussion...the entire article is at the link.
Maybe some officials from Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado where medical marijuana is legal need to come to Idaho and tell the facist police, and per this article Eastern Idaho police to chill the hell out. After all, marijuana is Idaho's largest cash crop, the forests are usually teeming with grow operations. In Boise all a person needs to do is drive 45 minutes to Ontario, Oregon to obtain it legally, but you better use it all before coming back across the state line.
I find some of the legislature's efforts here to be entertaining. Like trying to establish a blood-THC-standard for driving under the influence. And the article about state labs' totally inconsistent results in measuring the potency of different marijuana strands.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:31 PM
I like this much better

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:42 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Damn, I want to know if the front is as good as the back.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:50 PM
Arachnid Wrangler

Wow.. I haven't swam in the lady pond in several years but that ass does it for me.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 5:50 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
^Damn, I want to know if the front is as good as the back.
You mean the side where the shuttle/orbiter is visible too, not just the fuel tanks? Yeah, that's probably a nice view also.

(That's too much for me...I like 'em smaller.)

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 8:55 PM
I like this much better

Space Camp > Disney

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 9:13 PM
BANNED

Disney is the happiest place on earth.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
See my retraction and revision....

Did you know that the old Celebrity Sports Center in Denver was used as a training center for the employees of Disney World?
LOL, Celebrity Sports Center....now that brings back some memories.

This is my fun in the summer!

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/track.html
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 9:56 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
Disney is the happiest place on earth.
I can't speak for where the happiest place on earth is. But I am pretty sure it doesn't have mosquitos.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 10:11 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Or humidity, or parking lots the size of Wisconsin, or piped-in music.

I'm willing to concede that it might have people in costumes and a gift shop.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 10:13 PM
BANNED

Here are two examples of why I like Disney so much compared to other amusement parks that just have lame rides. Only Disney knows how to have a first class theme park.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 10:24 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Because only Disney can produce a patriotic montage film? Seriously?

I mean, Disney produces some fine films. But they certainly don't have a monopoly on the business.

Old Posted May 6, 2011, 10:26 PM
BANNED

Other places can do it but not with the same style that Disney does. I saw on Modern Marvels that they have the most advanced anamatronics in the world.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West