HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 11:58 PM

The first Krog Street Market restaurant is open: Luminary. Beverage manager is from the Wrecking Bar and chef is from Eno in midtown. Menu looks mainly french with a raw bar

http://atlanta.eater.com/archives/20...eet-market.php

I'm guessing the next one to open will be Ford Fry's Mexican concept Superica. Word on the the street is he's been going to Nuevo Laredo twice a week for the last year so expect something similar

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
The first Krog Street Market restaurant is open: Luminary. Beverage manager is from the Wrecking Bar and chef is from Eno in midtown. Menu looks mainly french with a raw bar

http://atlanta.eater.com/archives/20...eet-market.php

I'm guessing the next one to open will be Ford Fry's Mexican concept Superica. Word on the the street is he's been going to Nuevo Laredo twice a week for the last year so expect something similar
Sounds and looks wonderful, trainiac. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check this out, as well as Ford's new Mexican place.

This is my favorite neighborhood in the City, and I am basically pleasantly shocked at the rapid changes. Is all of this, IQ, etc. being embraced by most of your neighbors?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
Sounds and looks wonderful, trainiac. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check this out, as well as Ford's new Mexican place.

This is my favorite neighborhood in the City, and I am basically pleasantly shocked at the rapid changes. Is all of this, IQ, etc. being embraced by most of your neighbors?
We know a lot of pioneers (i.e. folks who bought in the 1970's) and it's about 1/3 against and 2/3 for all this. I think the NIMBY crowd mainly ended up around Virginia/Highland and that's why there is *zero* development up there. We will definitely be walking/biking around Inman Park from now on because auto traffic is gonna be crazy after IQ, Krog & Alexan all come online. And there are rumors of a large development on Moreland just north of the Wrecking Bar. Whew!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 4:35 AM

^ Good to hear, and about what I expected. I've talked to some neighborhood folks at Barcelona, and they mirrored what you say.

And wow re: the rumors on Moreland!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 6:10 PM

Quote:
World of Beer Midtown Opening Oct. 8

World of Beer Franchising, Inc. (WOB) and owners Jerry Paulson and Bill Warren are moving forward with plans to open the franchise’s 64th tavern on Wednesday, Oct. 8 with 90 employees in Midtown at 855 Peachtree St., according to a press release Wednesday.
Quote:
The roughly 4,000-square-foot tavern will feature outdoor patio space and the “world’s most extensive collection of craft beers bottled and on tap,” over 500 bottles and 53 rotating taps, according to the release.

WOB-Midtown will serve lunch and dinner daily and host live music performances Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights each weekend. The Midtown location has partnered with local breweries including Burnt Hickory Brewery, Monday Night Brewing, Orpheus Brewing, Red Brick Brewing, SweetWater Brewing Co., Terrapin Beer Co., and Three Taverns Brewery.
http://www.whatnowatlanta.com/2014/0...opening-oct-8/

Old Posted Oct 16, 2014, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
They've pushed it back a few times. Now it's supposed to open October 20th

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:48 PM

West Elm planning store at Ponce City Market

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...ty-market.html

Quote:
Brooklyn-based home furnishings retailer West Elm could bring its new market concept to Atlanta. A building permit for the 13,750 square-store was filed last month.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 10:16 PM
i ain't no bubba

I recently tried the new(ish) Ribalta Pizza on the 11th Street side of 1010 Peachtree. Its in the space that was once Piola and is a great addition to the neighborhood. Tasty food in a wonderful looking space at pretty reasonable prices. Oh, and a fantastic Christmas tree made from a stack of large tomato cans...'tis the season.

The website is very NYC focused but you may get an idea of what to expect. The local menu isn't quite as extensive but still plently of options.
http://www.ribaltapizzarestaurant.com/

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 1:34 AM

J. Crew, Anthropologie eye new stores at Ponce City Market

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...-at-ponce.html

Quote:
Popular fashion retailers J. Crew and Anthropologie look to open new stores at Ponce City Market, the massive mixed-use project taking shape along Atlanta BeltLine's Eastside Trail in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood.

Permits recently were filed in Atlanta related to the new stores.

On Dec. 10, a building permit was submitted for a roughly 5,300-square-foot J. Crew store, which is estimated to cost more than $500,000 to build out.

On Dec. 1, a permit was filed related to electrical work for a roughly 10,000-square-foot Anthropologie store at Ponce City Market.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 2:24 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

So far thie list for Ponce City Market is:

Retail
• Binders Art Supplies
• West Elm
• J. Crew
• Anthropology
• SurLaTable
• REI

Food
• Dancing Goats
• Bread Box
• Dub’s Fish Camp
• H&F Burger
• Honeysuckle Gelato
• Chai Pani
• JIA
• Juice Box
• Seoul Kitchen

Am I missing anything other than the school?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 3:14 PM

^REI? When was that announced?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
^REI? When was that announced?
I don't think it has. The PCM folks were doing some on line campaigns to attract them, but there hasn't been an announcement that I know of.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 5:21 PM

I'd love an REI right there. They need to make it happen' cap'n

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 5:36 PM

Is SurlaTable confirmed? I missed that one.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 7:53 PM

Hadn't heard about either REI or Sur La Table, though the latter makes perfect sense if this is to be a food-centric location. It would be a good addition too, or maybe another Cook's Warehouse, but with one close at Ansley, unlikely.

Alas no word on anything like Dean and Deluca, or my other hope, Eataly. And with the announcement of Bellina, seems unlikely. They sound too much alike.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 8:12 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Is SurlaTable confirmed? I missed that one.
I heard that from the leasing consultants at the Flats at PCM. I asked one of the selling associates at the Phipps Plaza locations and she said she had heard that but didn't know if it was a done deal.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane View Post
Hadn't heard about either REI or Sur La Table, though the latter makes perfect sense if this is to be a food-centric location. It would be a good addition too, or maybe another Cook's Warehouse, but with one close at Ansley, unlikely.

Alas no word on anything like Dean and Deluca, or my other hope, Eataly. And with the announcement of Bellina, seems unlikely. They sound too much alike.
Last I heard, Buckhead Atlanta was aiming for Eataly. But that was back in August or September. Haven't heard anything since.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 3:52 PM

Speaking of new openings, any thoughts on Krog Street Market? I have yet to make it over there but I hear its already very crowded.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Last I heard, Buckhead Atlanta was aiming for Eataly. But that was back in August or September. Haven't heard anything since.
I think I read somewhere (an interview with Oliver McMillan folks) that they were still in talks with a food retailer, but it wasn't Eataly. They (the Eataly folks) decided it wasn't a good fit.

Re Krog, went by last week. It was right before lunch, on a workday, and of course, not everything is open, so not the best gauge of popularity, but there were only a handful of people there. I've also heard it's packed at night. It's OK, but somehow smaller than I pictured it. I think it was because the building is pretty large, and I expected it all to be market, but a good bit of it is inside parking.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Speaking of new openings, any thoughts on Krog Street Market? I have yet to make it over there but I hear its already very crowded.
We went on Friday night and it was pretty packed. Hop City had 60 beers on tap (the retail store is now open too), Yalla was out of food again (not sure what their problem is), Luminary and the sushi place were pretty packed. Doesn't look like Superica has made any progress.

Good energy with a lot of college kids hanging out

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta