HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 1:54 AM

Downtown Tehran

Last edited by Terminator; Nov 4, 2009 at 2:32 AM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 2:59 AM

Thanks for sharing

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 7:02 AM

I feel guilty, sometimes, looking at all these priceless photo threads, and not being charged for it!

Tehran I can relate to, it's a desert city like Las Vegas, surrounding by denuded mountains, except the mountains don't come as close to Las Vegas as those in Tehran. Many times, I wish I could just play superman and move the Spring Mountains closer to town!

Here, the mountains are snow-capped, mostly at the very peaks, for about 6 months a year, but Tehran must have a higher elevation as the snowline comes down much furthur, and even some snow in the city! Las Vegas occasionally, gets a little snow in the city, but rarely!

I also noticed, comparing Tehran to other European City Photo threads, the lack of grafitti, which surprises me, given the political climate there, dissatisfaction, that there might be grafitti plastered everywhere! Not so!

I know desert heat too well, and areas of low humidity, so I'm sure their winters at night can be severe, and even if it hits 100 in summer, like most desert regions, you have a nice cool-off at night. For that reason, I wouldn't hesitate to visit Tehran in the summertime.

Thanks a zillion for the photo tour of a city I've been long curious about!

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 6:42 PM
Editor

Great photo thread!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 4:24 PM

Speaking of "western influence" I used to write emails back and forth with a guy from Iran who I met through a Pontiac Firebird message board, he had a 1974 Pontiac Firebird It was quite a feat for him to acquire replacement parts and have them secretly shipped to him through 3 or 4 countries to keep it running, He is the guy with the Blue Firebird in the link below, I believe the car was imported by a diplomat in the 1970s, I dont know how he found it. I have not talked to him in a few years, I dont know what ever happened to him he just stopped writing on the Pontiac message board.

It was kind of cool to realize how much in common we have with the "regular normal people" over there. Most just want to go about life and enjoy it. Its their leaders that represent them that are nuts....kind of the same problem we have in the USA.

Here is a link to some classic American built cars in Iran
http://iransupercars.blogspot.com/20...in-iran-2.html
The Black With orange lettering 1979 Trans Am is my favorite.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos