HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Seattle's future rail expansions might take a hit if the courts don't save us...12.3% of ST3 funding could be cancelled by a state initiative that passed yesterday. (Without reading more...I think it's 12.3% of 30-something billion in ST3 revenues, but also impacts the overall $57b in ST3 costs with federal funding etc.)

I believe the current contracts will be fine, but projects that haven't started yet could take longer, and might reduce in scope.

I'm optimistic about a court case. The initiative writer seems to like initiatives that will fail in court or at the polls...it's his job. In this case, there's probably yet another case of him putting more than one topic into the measure, which isn't allowed.

(This guy, Tim Eyman, is also a thief and fraudster....he got caught shoplifting recently, and he might soon be prohibited from being involved in elections.)
I pray that it will be tossed out in court. I have no intention of spending the rest of my life sitting in traffic.

I am amazed that he can have the same measure ruled unconstitutional twice and still propose the same thing a third time. Does he expect a different result??

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 6:56 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallagasse View Post
Wow that clown is still around.
That clown got the majority of taxpayers to kill a bad tax. Taxing a 10 year old car at a rate based upon 85% the value of a brand new car is an unfair tax. Golly, the value of a brand new car falls more than 15% once it is driven off the new car lot. A 10 year old car may be worth less than 10% of its new car value, basing a tax on it at 85% is easily to show to other taxpayers as being too high.
Hence, the majority of taxpayers voting to kill that tax. Almost all people maintain ownership of their cars more than 1 year, most maintain ownership as far as 5 years, and some more than 10 years. Just about everyone owning a car would feel they were being over taxed.

The transit planners in the Seattle area will just have to find another tax the people will support. There's plenty of taxes to choose from, minus the one the taxpayers just banned.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 4:32 PM

Seattle and King County voted against the measure....now they're fighting it in court, which can only happen after it passes. Sound Transit will consider doing the same.

The STATE voters voted for it. Only about half are in the Sound Transit area.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 8:35 PM

We got an injunction...temporary reprieve at least!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation