HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Horizon in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 21, 2005, 1:32 AM

Nice pic. That view will be full of towers in a few years.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2005, 7:41 PM
Hello

Friday, 1 April 2005

It's getting taller.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2005, 12:28 AM
Corporate logo

Wow! This is the first time I ever saw them from the Jersey side. They are really coming along.

Thanks SJ.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2005, 12:37 AM

Great update SJPhillyBoy.

For a project that will add 145 combined stories , Waterfront sure is flying under the radar screen.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2005, 2:12 AM
Posting Quick Reply

Wow. It's growing.

I'm surprised a project like this even got approved.

Wow...I love it.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2005, 4:24 AM

Since the first tower is rising I'm sure more people are taking notice. The 3rd tower was all but sold out a while ago. They need to get going on these other 2 towers.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2005, 9:03 PM
Do you like... Huey Lewis

it got approved so quickly because, unlike most greedy-ass developers, they worked within the existing zoning and didnt go fishing around for variances. personally i dont think theyre ugly- at least, they work for the site. theyll stand out probably about the same way the society hill towers do now.

also, what is the name of that green-domed church? ive always admired it driving in on 95. i know the smaller spikier one is the Neuman shrine.
"I'm exceedingly pro-growth, but I have to respectfully dissagree. Growth is not the holy grail, smart growth is. Uncontrolled, careless growth which ends up creating problems in the long run is called cancer." -Eigenwelt

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2005, 9:23 PM

I agree for the most part. The last tower to be built is a bit plain. It doesn't have any setbacks like the two towers by the river. I would also like them to make this tower taller so it will stand out more. But they will look great when they are up.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2005, 10:09 PM
Here we stAy

Those are gonna be some expensive-ass condos on the water like that. Hopefully it will liven up the surrounding neighboorhood too.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2005, 10:51 PM
Corporate logo

It's going to be a gated community so I think the impact on the surrounding neighboorhood will be minimal. There is really nothing around there anyway.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2005, 11:02 PM
Here we stAy

That's what it looked like. But maybe this development will spurn a mini boom for the area and liven it up.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2005, 2:44 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

I think the impact of this project on the surrounding neighborhood will be bigger then some of you. There will be what, 750 - 800 units put here? Those people need to do something and they have Northern Liberties and Old City at their doorstep. I bet the sushi place on second and Fairmount (Between Fairmount and Green) in NoLibs gets a nice boost, along with most of the businesses along 2nd between Girard and Market (Sovalo, Liberties bar, Azure, Standard Tap, the boutiques etc.
As ltsmotorsport mentioned this could start revitalization in the immediate area. I am confident that it will. You can see the cranes all over Northern Liberties, and everyone is talking about them.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2005, 3:40 PM
Future World Dictator

I don't think it will bring about any new major construction in the area, but yeah, I think it will at the least help business.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2005, 10:48 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Check this out! I'm on the mailing list at WaterFront Sqaure and just go this email.

103 have already been reserved in a few hours!!

Dear Waterfront Square Customers,

We are happy to inform you that we have released the Waterfront Square Condominiums and Spa signature tower: “The Horizon”- the tallest of all 5 towers in Waterfront Square which will possess the ultimate views of the City skyline, on one side and the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and the river on the other side.

Prior to the launching of the advertising campaign, which we expect to take place on April 22nd, we would like to give you, your friends and relatives an opportunity to reserve a condominium unit of your choice.

We now have a magnificent preliminary design of the Horizon condominium units. These unique floor plans are unlike what you have ever seen before. The estimated prices will start from the mid $300’s for a one bedroom up to $10 Million for the top penthouse, and are subject to change.

We will be ready to enter into a reservation agreement starting this weekend April 9th.

As you know the best units are reserved quickly and prices may increase. As a token of our appreciation we would also offer you, your friends and relatives who will register with us, (before the launching of the first advertising of the Horizon) a special incentive – the purchaser’s transfer tax will be on us.

Izhar Atzmon

Director of Sales & Marketing

Waterfront Square Condominiums & Spa

ia@waterfrontsquare.com

215-413-2000 Office

215-413-2800 Fax

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 1:13 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

So they're launching sales of the tallest tower? That's good news. Damn, Philly's in a good spot right now...
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 3:40 AM
Posting Quick Reply

I drove by there earlier today (Phantoms game - 3-2 win in OT from a Dennis Seidenberg ROCKET against the Albany River Rats [Jersey Devils' farm team - UGH])...it's lookin pretty nice. I can't wait for that view to have 5 large condos. It's a great spot, and a great plan.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 3:46 AM
jlendo

I really think this will help the businesses in the area and help produce new businesses. Just because of the number of units and the people got $$$$$$

Does anyone know what happened to Liberty Landing? I think it would be cool to see Waterfront Square to the north with its 5 towers and Liberty Landing to the South with its 4(?) towers.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 6:16 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlendo
I really think this will help the businesses in the area and help produce new businesses. Just because of the number of units and the people got $$$$$$
I agree, and there already is stuff there. It is mostly night clubs though and does not come to life till after the bewitching hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlendo
Does anyone know what happened to Liberty Landing? I think it would be cool to see Waterfront Square to the north with its 5 towers and Liberty Landing to the South with its 4(?) towers.
Waterfront Square = 5 Towers

Liberty Landing = 4 Towers

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 7:58 PM
jlendo

SJ i wanted to know if liberty landing has any chance of breaking ground and it would be cool to have them in the skyline. But thanks for the rendings anyway

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 8:11 PM
Future World Dictator

Liberty Landing looks like it could work at the navy yard.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive