HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 7:14 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Yeah but they still have the Cathedral Square Condos on there. Isn't that project dead?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 3:01 AM
Hindrance to Development

They're both zombies, dead but they just don't know it yet. So they stumble around eating people's brains.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimmons View Post
The Kings set NBA sellout records in ARCO Arena dating back to the 90's when the team was terrible. They're not going to have trouble selling out the new arena.
and what happenned since???

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web View Post
and what happenned since???
Well they sold 99.7% of all seats available at Sleep Train this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Does that answer your question?

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimmons View Post
Well they sold 99.7% of all seats available at Sleep Train this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Does that answer your question?
good for 19th....hmmmm even if they would of sold out every game maybe 17th and with such a team lately the 3rd worst road attendance......

so selling out next season will put them in the same rank probably.

I do know a season ticket holder who was not too happy to pay more yet again this next year......he says at least its a new arena unlike previous years ticket increases and not much to show.....28-32 wins for how many years now???

once the newness wears off of the arena and the team doesnt improve ......attendence could be hurting in a bit....again if the prices keep rising with nothing to show for it.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web View Post
good for 19th....hmmmm even if they would of sold out every game maybe 17th and with such a team lately the 3rd worst road attendance......

so selling out next season will put them in the same rank probably.

I do know a season ticket holder who was not too happy to pay more yet again this next year......he says at least its a new arena unlike previous years ticket increases and not much to show.....28-32 wins for how many years now???

once the newness wears off of the arena and the team doesnt improve ......attendence could be hurting in a bit....again if the prices keep rising with nothing to show for it.
They were ranked 19th because they have one of the smallest arenas in the NBA. Still I'm not sure how you can make the argument that they aren't selling tickets when they sold 99.7% last year.

That site has sortable statistics going back years for ticket sales. Go ahead an look it up for yourself. The Kings have been at or near 100% nearly every year in Sacramento, with the lone exceptions being the few years when the Maloofs were actively trying to move the team and fans obviously quit supporting them.

Also I'm not sure how road attendance proves your point? Who cares if people don't show up when they're on the road? It has no effect on ticket sales at home.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 4:19 PM

I can tell you right now as a STH that just because a ticket sells doesn't mean that person ends up at the game. There were several games that were "announced" sellouts where almost the entire upper bowl was empty. I had empty seats next to me in the lower bowl for a handful of games. For games we couldn't make, even when we undercut the actual value of our tickets, they didn't sell most times.

I have already heard from several others who plan on selling their tickets as much as possible next year, and after that, they're out. You seem to be massively underestimating just how sick and pissed off fans are for ownership's clowncar antics in running a basketball team. Sure, the new arena will be completely packed on Opening Night, as well as for Warriors and Lakers games (when their bandwagons outnumber actual Kings fans in attendance). But if next season is anything like last season, and right now, that's how it's shaping up, then that brand new arena is gonna stop being packed for Kings games sometime around February at the latest.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 4:50 PM

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 4:59 PM

I hope all the arena haters kick rocks and never sit foot at the GIC. Let them bitch and whine about the Kings all they want but this city is getting some first class entertainment. I, for one, am looking forward to Paul McCartney.

Last edited by Pistola916; May 4, 2016 at 6:31 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
I hope all the arena haters kick rocks and never sit foot at the GIC. Let them bitch and wine about the Kings all they want but this city is getting some first class entertainment. I, for one, am looking forward to Paul McCartney.
We're going to see him tonight here in Minneapolis! I wish we were seeing him in Sacramento later this year. But, you can't have all your dreams come true! lol

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 2:41 AM

Looks like upper level seats are better at sleep train. Don't see any amenities up there. Kind of walled in. No upper level bars restrooms snack bars? Just from the virtual tour.

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deno View Post
Looks like upper level seats are better at sleep train. Don't see any amenities up there. Kind of walled in. No upper level bars restrooms snack bars? Just from the virtual tour.
All that stuff is on the second main concourse.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 12:42 AM
Here we stAy

Yamanee is being heard tonight at the Planning and Design Commission. Staff report and materials here (Item 6): http://sacramento.granicus.com/Gener...1&event_id=126

The Railyards also has a review and comment item.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 4:19 AM

Holy cow. The Planning Commission voted 9-2 to move ahead with Yamanee! Then again the Planning Commission typically approves everything.

(I believe it can still be appealed by the City Council tho)

Last edited by Pistola916; May 13, 2016 at 4:30 AM.

Old Posted May 14, 2016, 7:12 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Holy cow. The Planning Commission voted 9-2 to move ahead with Yamanee! Then again the Planning Commission typically approves everything.

(I believe it can still be appealed by the City Council tho)
What are the chances this gets built?

Old Posted May 14, 2016, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
What are the chances this gets built?
Given the city's track record for successfully building high-rise condos, none. But it's picking up momentum.

Last edited by Pistola916; May 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2016, 10:22 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Yes, there are plenty of other holes to build a sub 30 tower. I'd say this one needs to be in the 550-650ft range
Honestly I don't see anything ever being built in Sacramento over 500 feet in height.

There just isn't a market in Sacramento for high rise office buildings. There are only so many lobbyists and law firms in Sacramento and there just isn't enough private companies that want to lease high rise office space. The state requires large floor plates that are more conducive to suburban office parks.

Unfortunately Sacramento missed the boat on residential towers with the epic failure of "The Towers" and "Aura." I give John Saca credit for trying and coming close. But banks don't seem inclined to lend for such projects in Sacramento.

Whether Cal PERS ever builds their proposal at 301 CM remains to be seen. I personally think there will eventually be a parking garage at that site, (just a hunch). The Vanir Tower is rumored to be considering adding floors to their 26 story proposal, but even if it gets built (and that's a big "if") it won't be anywhere near 500 feet in height.

So what would it take to reach 500 feet? I have no idea. I remember during the economic downturn that Sacramento was ready to break ground on shovel ready residential towers when the economy improved. Well the economy improved and still there's nothing. It all leads me to conclude Sacramento's very modest skyline with continue to languish in mediocrity for a long time.

Old Posted May 14, 2016, 10:27 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Given the city's track record for successfully building high-rise condos, none. But it's picking up momentum.
I think the city council will overturn the Planning Commision. Just a hunch.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
I think the city council will overturn the Planning Commision. Just a hunch.
Based on what? No chance they overturn. This isnt Fargo's council (which 100% would of overturned). The only person who will vote against this is Ashby and I hope steinberg hangs the vote around her neck.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 5:45 PM

Bunch of stuff being built on R street.

New Italian Place next to Artist Lofts.

Architecture firm Near Fox and Goose.

Burned down Ice Block getting town down.

New Homes being built across the street from Ice Block

New something... no idea, with original south facing wall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area