HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 9:18 PM
Community Guy

Recover - Edm's Urban Wellness Plan - May 8th open house

Showcasing solutions for Edmonton’s Urban Wellness Plan
May 7, 2018

Media and the public are invited to attend a showcase for RECOVER, Edmonton’s Urban Wellness Plan.

Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (Doors at 5 p.m.)

The showcase is an opportunity for people to view 13 proposals to improve urban wellness. Ideas include a city culture pass, impromptu parks, a job skills matching program and a greenhouse community hub. Door prizes will be available for attendees.

Starting in five core neighbourhoods (Boyle Street, Central McDougall, Downtown, McCauley and Queen Mary Park), RECOVER met with residents, business owners, community groups, social agencies and other orders of government to build a better understanding of community perspectives on wellness in each neighbourhood.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/urbanwellness

Media contact:
Francis Asuncion
Communications Advisor
Citizen Services
780-423-4890

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 2:59 PM
Community Guy

Here's hoping!

'Six projects to build bridge and permanent supportive housing are proposed.'

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 4:15 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Here's hoping!

'Six projects to build bridge and permanent supportive housing are proposed.'
There are four permanent supportive housing (PSH) sites proposed in four central-ish neighbourhoods that do not currently have such facilities, in order to help balance the availability of these facilities more evenly throughout the city. I've seen preliminary renderings and they look quite slick.

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 4:22 PM
Community Guy

Good to hear. We need 916 units.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 2:02 PM
Community Guy

Need for clean public washrooms key lesson from COVID-19, Edmonton businesses say

'A lack of washrooms was one of the most immediately harmful impacts of the pandemic'

Natasha Riebe

Cleaner public washrooms are high on the wish list of Edmonton's business groups as the city recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Puneeta McBryan, executive director of the Downtown Business Association, said the fallout was apparent last March when Edmonton public libraries and city facilities shut down, and in turn, cut off the bathroom facilties.

"It was very clear that a lack of washrooms was one of the most immediately harmful impacts of the pandemic on downtown," McBryan said during a council executive committee meeting Monday.

The city placed porta-potties in key areas while city facilities are closed but McBryan noted this temporary replacement plan runs only until October.

"It's a huge need," McBryan said in an interview with CBC Monday afternoon.

"There are the LRT washrooms — there's a few but they're, just to be totally blunt about it, they're kind of gross and scary."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...eid=b81cde227f

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton