HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Agree absolutely.

Moncton motorists are now trained to assume that private surface lots are automatically unavailable for use. I think a bit of positive reinforcement is necessary here. Heritage Management has to make it overtly clear that event parking in their large lot is welcome and encouraged.
Until they decide that they are going to try and make money off parking, I doubt you'll see a private business encourage vehicles to park there when its really no benefit to them.

Realistically its actually an inconvenience for them as vehicles could get left overnight taking up spaces for their tenants. Or an intoxicated driver could get into an accident.

If I were them I would encourage people to park there as a way to show how convenient the lot is to the events centre for getting in and out, and then once you have hundreds of cars parking there, start charging $5 (half of what other lots are charging). But if they have no intention of doing that and they aren't getting some type of fee from the City I don't know why there'd be any expectation on a private business to encourage cars to use their lot.

I agree for the patrons of the Avenir Centre that this would be best though. That lot will be especially handy in the Winter.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 5:23 PM

First layer of ice has been put in.

https://twitter.com/monctonwildcats/...382144/photo/1

Last edited by lirette; Sep 17, 2018 at 5:37 PM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 12:53 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Roar Store at the Avenir Centre, getting close to opening:

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 11:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's pretty much a given that the Toronto Maple Leafs will be holding their training camp, and likely a pre season exhibition game at the Avenir Centre in September 2020.

https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tel...e=daily-digest (paywall)

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 3:23 PM

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
What's scary about it is willingly allowing the erosion of freedom for the illusion of security.

If the perceived risk of mass violence is enough to make you feel unsafe, then you might as well shutter yourself inside your house and never leave again, because the chances of dying in a car crash on your way to the event are exponentially higher than those of ever being involved in a violent incident once you're there.

I know these things are subjective and all, but I feel safer without intrusive security theatre because its mere presence makes the vanishingly tiny risk seem a lot more substantial, and because it's invasive to be militantly scanned as if I'm some kind of criminal waiting to happen.
I was going to reply to post a few spaces above, but I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 11:55 PM

Curious, are the scanners also used to detect cell phones for the no cell phone events?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 1:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
Curious, are the scanners also used to detect cell phones for the no cell phone events?
It would be handy for that wouldn't it..........

Also, if an event is a "no cellphone event", then how will a concert goer be able to call to be picked up after the event? Doesn't this sort of defeat the idea of being dropped off at the event rather than driving yourself???

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 1:32 AM

Quote:
I don't believe there's any cell phone "scanners" at Yondr's events. From seeing most reviews its on the honour system. They provide the secured pouch for everyone to put their phones in and lock them until the end of the show. There's also stations around the arena to unlock if need be. If you simply tell them you left your phone in your car you aren't going to be interrogated. But I can also imagine if you are the 1 guy raising their cell phone around in general admission you are going to look and feel pretty silly.

If someone willingly pays 100+ dollars to see a show knowing there's a no cell phone rule and then complains that they couldn't use their cell phone. I donno what to tell ya . Its written clearly on the ticketmaster website. Plan accordingly or don't support the show.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, everything metal. When I went through security last Sat, the security guy said to make sure all pocket change including quarters are removed from pockets.

As for cell phone bans, I was curious to see how in the hell can they legally take my phone from me, even in a concert environment. So I researched the topic.

Jake White uses the third party services of Yondr. See web site on how it works. Pretty simple concept. www.overyondr.com

With that understanding, I don't have an issue. Phone is always in my possession. I can go 2-3 hours without having to check texts, emails, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Anyone looking to bypass this, just get a smartwatch. Apple Watch, Android Watch or any other made in China smartwatch, Fitbit bracelet, etc that has Text and Social Media notifications if you're that hooked on being intouch 24 hrs a day.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 7:45 AM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Yes, everything metal. When I went through security last Sat, the security guy said to make sure all pocket change including quarters are removed from pockets.

As for cell phone bans, I was curious to see how in the hell can they legally take my phone from me, even in a concert environment. So I researched the topic.

Jake White uses the third party services of Yondr. See web site on how it works. Pretty simple concept. www.overyondr.com

With that understanding, I don't have an issue. Phone is always in my possession. I can go 2-3 hours without having to check texts, emails, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Anyone looking to bypass this, just get a smartwatch. Apple Watch, Android Watch or any other made in China smartwatch, Fitbit bracelet, etc that has Text and Social Media notifications if you're that hooked on being intouch 24 hrs a day.
I must say that is pretty cool!

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 3:27 PM

Does anyone knows how the up incoming show are selling so far I e : aqua , john mellencamp , Seinfeld’s etc.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
Does anyone knows how the up incoming show are selling so far I e : aqua , john mellencamp , Seinfeld’s etc.
Aqua isn't selling particularily well (maybe 50% sold) . I'm not surprised given the price point, the cheapest ticket is $66. Considering they are acts that are not relevant and they are strictly cashing in on Nostalgia. I think they could have sold it out with prices $20-30 cheaper.

Mellancamp is doing abit better, looks maybe 75% sold. Most of the floor seats are gone but the corners are pretty much unsold.

I think they should have went with a smaller setup for Seinfeld. Likely ticket price coupled with the fact that he has already came here is hurting the sales. it looks like 50-60% sold with almost 3 full sections of floor seats still available. Hard to imagine a major bump in sales over the next 3 weeks.

The wildcats home opener is nearly sold out. They are using the retractable seating behind the net and not having the ice level bar since they are antipating a sellout. The sunday game in Halifax is also selling well and theres 2 fanbuses coming up from Halifax.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 4:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
The sunday game against Halifax is also selling well and theres 2 fanbuses coming up from Halifax.
I guess there is curiosity amongst the Haligonians wanting to see Moncton's shiny new toy.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Aqua isn't selling particularily well (maybe 50% sold) . I'm not surprised given the price point, the cheapest ticket is $66. Considering they are acts that are not relevant and they are strictly cashing in on Nostalgia. I think they could have sold it out with prices $20-30 cheaper.

Mellancamp is doing abit better, looks maybe 75% sold. Most of the floor seats are gone but the corners are pretty much unsold.

I think they should have went with a smaller setup for Seinfeld. Likely ticket price coupled with the fact that he has already came here is hurting the sales. it looks like 50-60% sold with almost 3 full sections of floor seats still available. Hard to imagine a major bump in sales over the next 3 weeks.

The wildcats home opener is nearly sold out. They are using the retractable seating behind the net and not having the ice level bar since they are antipating a sellout. The sunday game in Halifax is also selling well and theres 2 fanbuses coming up from Halifax.
It will take the management firm of the Centre a few trial runs to see what this area will support. After a few trial runs they will know what draws and what will not sell.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
It will take the management firm of the Centre a few trial runs to see what this area will support. After a few trial runs they will know what draws and what will not sell.
There is also that fact that Moncton is notorious for being a "last minute" ticket purchasing city...for literally almost everything. When FOMO kicks in they dash for tickets.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 1:38 AM

So since the first wildcat game going to be basically sold out I see a few problems arise .the amount of people attending will be close Keith urban concert. I know the door will be open 1 30 h before the game for season holders but the rest 1 h ������. Is that enough time ? Not convince it is . With activities happening outside before the game people will not line up right away . Lots trying to go through security with little time spare.

I just wish they would put 1: 30 min for everyone for a few games to see how it rolls before putting back to 1

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 9:19 AM

96.9 SAID THIS MORNING THERE ARE ABOUT 900 tickets left for the home opener. they said tickets could be purchased at the Wildcats box Office or Ticketmaster.ca. Is there a difference in fees if you buy at the Centre vs. online?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
96.9 SAID THIS MORNING THERE ARE ABOUT 900 tickets left for the home opener. they said tickets could be purchased at the Wildcats box Office or Ticketmaster.ca. Is there a difference in fees if you buy at the Centre vs. online?
Addition 60 cents to buy in the box office.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 1:29 PM

Quote:
The signage they've put has definitely deterred some people I'm guessing. The signs say "reserved parking" and that they have right to tow unauthorized vehicles. However my understanding is this signage is just allowing them to deal with vehicles that are in the reserved red & blue spots and that the yellow spots are up for grabs.

The security they had stationed was only in a position to monitor the blue and red spots up front.

Confusing to someone whos not familiar with that lot.
Heritage has gates installed on the Foundry/Albert street lot, I noticed this morning

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces