HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 3:31 AM

Fictional Phoenix Towers

So, I decided to make a 3D model of fictional, made-up towers in downtown Phoenix using AI (https://chat.openai.com/) to create a description of the towers and using AI to (https://www.canva.com/ai-image-generator/) create
images based on the description. I created 10 skyscrapers over 550ft and 10 high-rises under 550ft.

The description created by the AI was mostly the same for example, Phoenix Heights has this description
“The tower is called Phoenix Heights and it is a mixed-use skyscraper that stands at 950 feet tall. The building has 70 floors and is made up of luxury condominiums, offices, and retail spaces.

Phoenix Heights features a unique design, with a sleek and modern glass exterior that reflects the surrounding skyline. The tower's top floor houses a luxurious rooftop pool and lounge, offering stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains.

The tower is also home to a state-of-the-art fitness center, spa, and multiple restaurants and bars. With its prime location in the heart of downtown Phoenix, Phoenix Heights is an iconic landmark that stands as a symbol of the city's growth and prosperity.”

The description of the design of Phoenix Heights is
“The design of Phoenix Heights is modern and sleek, with a focus on creating a dynamic, eye-catching building that complements the surrounding skyline.
The exterior of the building is made up of high-quality glass panels that reflect the light and create a shimmering effect during the day. At night, the building is illuminated with energy-efficient LED lights that highlight the unique shape of the tower and make it stand out in the city skyline.

One of the most distinctive features of Phoenix Heights is its shape. The building has a slightly tapered design, with a wider base that gradually narrows as it rises toward the top. This unique shape not only makes the building visually striking but also serves a practical purpose - by narrowing the tower as it gets taller, the design helps to reduce the wind load on the building and increase its stability.

Another key design element of Phoenix Heights is its emphasis on outdoor space. In addition to the rooftop pool and lounge, the building features several outdoor terraces and balconies throughout the tower, allowing residents and visitors to enjoy fresh air and stunning views of the city from multiple vantage points.

Overall, the design of Phoenix Heights is intended to be both beautiful and functional, creating a building that is both an architectural masterpiece and a desirable place to live, work, and play.”

This was just a fun thing for me to do for a while.

Cyan = Fictional/Made Up

https://imgur.com/a/qtvjUXZ

Phoenix Tower - 800ft - 1 N Central Ave

Sonoran Tower - 650ft - 200 Washington St

Skyline Tower - 800ft - 50 W Jefferson St

Phoenix Heights - 950ft - 201 N Central Ave

Cactus Tower - 600ft - 101 N Central Ave

Desert Bloom Tower - 700ft - 201 E Washington St

Camelback Vista Tower - 950ft - 114 W Adams St

Phoenix Sky Tower - 750ft - 101 N 1st Ave

Solstice Tower- 550ft - 300 E Washington St

Phoenix Rise Tower 750ft - 1234 N Central Ave

Phoenix Plaza Tower - 240ft- 400 W Monroe St

Desert View Tower - 220ft - 400 E Roosevelt St

Sunburst Tower - 420ft - 201 W Jefferson St

Canyon View Tower - 520ft - 555 N Central Ave

Copper Point Tower - 490ft - 555 N 2nd St

Vista Tower - 490ft - 777 N Central Ave

Phoenix Gateway Tower- 430ft - 555 E Washington St

Phoenix Skyview Tower - 430ft - 777 N 2nd Ave

Skycrest Tower - 500ft - 125 W Adams St

Phoenix Summit Tower - 450ft - 333 N Central Ave

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 3:44 AM
Skyriser

This post was kind of long and not on topic for Phoenix Development News so I went ahead and moved it to its own thread. Some interesting concepts in here.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 3:51 AM

It just came to my mind that 8 out of the 20 towers have "Phoenix" in their name. Very creative

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 4:28 AM
Skyriser

I actually like a lot of these concepts, unbuildable as they may with height and density limits.

The Cactus tower, the flower tower, and the pyramid are all very fitting and unique designs for the region. I have long thought that Phoenix needs a pyramid in its skyline but have struggled to make it work--this is one good way of accomplishing it.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 11:17 AM

I used to do something similar with Google Earth back in the day. My personal favorite are the Sonoran Tower and Phoenix Heights tower. The Phoenix Heights tower would be an instant icon that everyone would associate Phoenix with. Maybe one of these days we will get something like one of these in our skyline.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 9:16 PM

Shoot, I wish we had that much unique architecture in our downtown. But all we're getting is boxy refrigerators. Oh well. Lol

Old Posted Apr 16, 2023, 6:52 AM

I was on google maps the other day. I love doing street views in various cities. I happened on Austin, TX and was shocked at how sweet there skyline is. It also pissed me off considering that were like 5 times the size and nowhere near as good as theirs, We could take every mid/high rise in Tempe Tucson and midtown put it in downtown Phoenix and they would still crush us.

Very depressing!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2023, 7:20 PM

This is a great page to discuss the vision for our skyline. I understand that current developers are sticking their necks out there investing in a downtown that has been dead for decades, however, hopefully this new life and investments will bring confidence to invest in world class architecture. The current stucco boxes being built will hopefully give way to creativity and and character so necessary in identifying great world cities. Phoenix needs it desperately!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 4:12 PM

I too wish we could get some towers with more character. One idea is to have the city limit the use of abatement/GPLET to towers that would materially add to the skyline (400' min) and incorporate a unique design. Downtown is developed enough that incentives don't appear to be needed for standard buildings, considering many are doing it without them.

I realize some are advocating for using incentives to require some percentage of units be for workforce housing, but this has been a bit of a farce and and insiders game; and it's certainly not materially changing the housing affordability issue. It also doesn't address units that are not for apartments.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 8:18 PM

I'm curious what made it replace existing towers (Chase, BofA, Freeport) vs some other logical spaces like the Chase garage, Convention Center South etc. I think it could've come out more dense looking that way

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 2:53 PM

Let's go ahead and title this one, Things You Don't Want to See At Your Proctology Examination

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 4:38 PM

Delve Urban Design

Hey everyone, So I was google earth recently and found out they had updated the outlay of everything and one thing they added was Delve which is a “real estate and clean energy development tool”. But anyway it is a cool feature that auto generates urban designs based on the inputs you put like density, parking ratio, greenspace, sq ft, etc. So I decided to test it out of some areas across the Phoenix Metro.

Also, the images are the best overall that Delve picks and each image includes some information

https://imgur.com/a/DNdlrVK

200 Washington St

Downtown Bio Campus

West Downtown

Personally the best overall looks terrible visual but the 4th best looks good

Warehouse District

Novus & South Pier

Downtown Mesa (Nexus)

Fiesta Mall

Glendale Entertainment District

Tempe IDEA Campus

Indian School Park

Tempe Marketplaces

For this one I tried to create a no car neighborhood like Cul-de-sac.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 7:38 PM

Can you someone make a model of the AZ Coyotes new $3B+ new arena and entertainment district in Mesa by the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway by Alma School/Mesa River View/Bass Pro Rd

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest