HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I'm calling a Bomber win.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 6:35 PM

I'm hopin for a win as well Esq, Bj...would almost be more satisfying than the sweep over the Riders...almost..lol..

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
I'm hopin for a win as well Esq, Bj...would almost be more satisfying than the sweep over the Riders...almost..lol..
Goes to show you cannot leave time on the clock.
Riders made sure there was no chance last night against the Tiger-Cats

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 6:38 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Goes to show you cannot leave time on the clock.
Riders made sure there was no chance last night against the Tiger-Cats
Well sure, but controlling the clock for a field goal is a bit different than needing to drive down the field for a touchdown.

Pretty much a apples to oranges comparison.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Well sure, but controlling the clock for a field goal is a bit different than needing to drive down the field for a touchdown.

Pretty much a apples to oranges comparison.
I admit I didn't see the end of the Bomber - Stamps game so I cannot comment on the dynamics of the Bomber drive to take the lead late.

Your point is taken. But the Riders did a 3rd down gamble (it was only an inch) when they were already in field goal range to ensure they could run out the clock

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:20 PM

Are we taking lessons from the Riders now?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 3:18 PM

Why not? We certainly took some lessons from Winnipeg on how to build a stadium!

Last edited by wacko; Sep 26, 2016 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 3:24 PM

After sleeping on that game a bit I think it's pretty clear that the Stamps are operating on a whole other level. They basically pushed the Bombers around for the entire first half... to an almost absurd extent really. Their receivers were wide open, little defensive pressure, and by contrast our guys were just smothered. Stamps went to sleep for what they likely thought was garbage time (i.e. the entire second half), let things slip away a bit too far, and with 15 seconds got down to business and did what they had to do.

In some ways the score flattered the Bombers... they fought hard at the end, but that effort was really a buck short and a day late.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Why not? We certainly took some lessons from Winnipeg on how to build a stadium!
That much is obvious from looking at it... capacity, canopy, seating configuration... we are flattered by your monument to Winnipeg

Also, you guys need to give up on Durant. It's obvious he ain't what he used to be... it would be a mistake to let him be anything more than a short-term placeholder. Riders should have a new starter next season, although I suppose from a Bomber fan perspective I'd be happy to see DD come back as the number one next year!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 4:03 PM

Whoops, didn't realize I was posting in the Bombers thread! I moved my Rider game comments over to the proper thread. Sorry about that.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That much is obvious from looking at it... capacity, canopy, seating configuration... we are flattered by your monument to Winnipeg

Also, you guys need to give up on Durant. It's obvious he ain't what he used to be... it would be a mistake to let him be anything more than a short-term placeholder. Riders should have a new starter next season, although I suppose from a Bomber fan perspective I'd be happy to see DD come back as the number one next year!
A lot of people (mostly fans and commentators from outside of Saskatchewan) are giving up on Durant. I think their analysis is a little premature and I'll trust the true football people and not some of the pretenders who comment on players abilities.

Negativity always makes DD better.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:54 PM

^ Talent and ability are not issues. Durability is, especially at this stage in his career.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 6:15 PM

Quote:
^ Talent and ability are not issues. Durability is, especially at this stage in his career.
He whacked his head on the turf and concussion protocols came into effect. I've been on that turf at old Mosaic. Its as hard as concrete and I'm shocked we haven't had more issues. The new stadium turf (I've been on it as well) is far more forgiving and we should see less impact injuries next year.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 6:26 PM

Actually, its Dur-an-ability.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 7:03 PM

I am somewhat concerned on the Bomber QB prospects for next season. Currently the team has five QBs in camp and not a one under contract for next year.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 7:09 PM

^ It's not that bad. I'm not worried about Glenn at all, he'll resign here if an offer is put in front of him. Nichols is the real issue... I didn't realize his contract expires after this year. As for the rest, meh.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 8:59 PM

^^ I am much more worried about losing Davis and Bennett than Glenn. Reality is Glenn is going to retire sometime soon. David and Bennett could be future starters for the team. Nichols is the really big worry right now with at least two other teams looking. With McLeod just joining the team recently not much is known about him but at #5 on the depth chart not sure it is that important.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 11:30 PM

If the season continues to go as it is now, I'm confident Nichols will want to stay here, and the Bombers will offer him what it takes to keep him. He likes it here, and with Willy's massive contract now gone, we can afford to pay Nichols what he deserves... and he's putting actual numbers up, which helps justify a big contract.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 4:02 PM

Quote:
After sleeping on that game a bit I think it's pretty clear that the Stamps are operating on a whole other level. They basically pushed the Bombers around for the entire first half... to an almost absurd extent really. Their receivers were wide open, little defensive pressure, and by contrast our guys were just smothered. Stamps went to sleep for what they likely thought was garbage time (i.e. the entire second half), let things slip away a bit too far, and with 15 seconds got down to business and did what they had to do.

In some ways the score flattered the Bombers... they fought hard at the end, but that effort was really a buck short and a day late.
The Bombers are a lot better than I thought they were. I thought they were a turnover (i.e. luck) dependant team; they aren't. I thought the Bombers were toast after they went down 24pts in the first haf - they came back strong. The Stamps are a good team but they are very beatable. I think the biggest thing that hurt the bombers was special teams. Finch was putting the Stamps close to field goal position to start almost every drive. If Finch was held in check then the game would have been different. If the Riders can curb and contain Brandon Banks then the Bombers can contain Roy Finch. Bombers have the punter for it they just need to get ST working better.

Losing to the Stamps in the regular season is no big deal. If the stamps and bombers meet in post season I like the Bombers chances better. You usually don't have to beat the Stamps in the post season as the arrogant asshats typically beat themselves.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
Losing to the Stamps in the regular season is no big deal. If the stamps and bombers meet in post season I like the Bombers chances better. You usually don't have to beat the Stamps in the post season as the arrogant asshats typically beat themselves.
Good point, considering how dominant the Stamps have generally been over the last 25ish years, they have a crap record when it comes to actually sealing the deal. What good is going 16-1-1 when you choke in the playoffs?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan