HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 10:21 PM

Trying not to read too much into the great start, but I'm glad to see they are playing well as a unit. It seems like the chemistry is much better already, compared to the previous few years. Plus they still have room for improvement when it comes to decreasing turnovers, and getting more offensive rebounds.

How great has Grant Hill been? He has really stepped up his rebounding and seems really focused on helping this team improve on their weaknesses. Hill and Nash are leading the way so far, and I hope some of the younger guys can step up even more to take some of the burden off of them. It's a long season and I'd like those two to be around for the majority of it.

Some tough battles ahead though, keeping my fingers crossed...

Old Posted Nov 5, 2009, 11:39 AM
BANNED

I was a skeptic of G. Hill because of all of his early injuries. He really has been playing great the past 3 years. Even though he went to Duke, I'm glad he's playing here.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 8:23 PM
BANNED

Might this season not be as long as we thought? 6-1 start with a win over Boston, and some HUGE production so far rebounding. It seems Gentry really has addressed the shortcomings of this team. They are playing defense, they are rebounding (today Hill 13, Amare 12, Frye 10) like madmen.

I'm trying really hard not to get excited.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 9:57 PM
High Voltage

Suns are looking decent. (and quietly says I told you so...they are better than given credit for...)

Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 3:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Might this season not be as long as we thought? 6-1 start with a win over Boston, and some HUGE production so far rebounding. It seems Gentry really has addressed the shortcomings of this team. They are playing defense, they are rebounding (today Hill 13, Amare 12, Frye 10) like madmen.

I'm trying really hard not to get excited.
I'll be honest, I'm surprised big time. I think I predicted 40 wins for the season, but with this start, I might have to adjust that prediction...

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 3:01 AM
BANNED

another W!

Nash has now had 20 assists in two games, and another 17 assist game... wow

Everyone is starting to talk about the Phoenix Suns on a national level again!!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 3:04 AM

I love the Suns new team. Scraping and fighting and hustling. Props to them for surviving the Shaq experiment. I love how the coach actually uses his bench. Jared Dudley is one of them and he lays it all out there giving 110%.
Yeah the Suns won't win the title but only one team does, but they will bust their asses trying and that's all you can ask. They are worth the price of admission.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 3:22 AM

I'm looking forward to Thursdays game against the Lakers, that should be some sort of an early test to see if the Suns are for real.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 7:15 PM

What a great road trip! Really liking their attitude too. Nash and Gentry both seem grounded about it; they still know there are things to work on and improve. They aren't letting the great start go to their heads, and I love that about this team. They want to keep getting better and aren't satisfied yet...at least that's the impression I'm getting from reading comments and quotes.

So great to see everyone contributing and hustling! Can't wait to see how this season unfolds!!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 10:30 PM

Anyone catch the 60 minuntes show (the night of dec 6th)featuring guess who !TIM DONAHY.

On that show there was some DEEP SHIT revealed. If there was a player that he did not like, he would either call cheap fouls against him or not call a foul for him.

On the otherhand players like KOBE, because of his worldwide status, he would make sure he get the "benefit" of fouls being called. Because he considerd KOBE & the lakers being the team to bring more money to the NBA.

His claim was that PEOPLE PAID BIG MONEY TO WATCH KOBE!

His betting scandal was tied to the fact of this on this MOB wanting to "collect funds" from him. So if a game was close and there was say 50 seconds left, he would make false calls so that the series would be somehow "extended. So that he can profit more money.

In otherwards he was allowed go bring his BIASES to the court.
Remember 2006 ( SUNS BEST TEAM & BEST CHANCE FOR A TITLE), based on what I heard in the 60 minutes interveiwl it is official that I was because of his BIASES that the suns did not make it past the SPERMS otherwise known as the spurs. Why he didnt like to suns was still a mystery.

As it turned out, since the SPURS have alot of Foreign players, he (Donahy) wanted the spurs to win so that they could be promoted world wide and that Donahy would take part in "THE PROFITS" invested by foreign investors.

What makes me mad is that this cocksucker is out of prison already.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 1:04 AM
them bones

^English? Please?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 1:44 AM

donahy is a douche

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 6:40 AM

I see this team winning 45-54 games and possibly getting to the second round, but that's about as far as they could possibly go. Not resigning Joe Johnson set this franchise back several years. Rookie owners should always trust their GM's unless they have experience as players or GM's, Sarver had neither. Giving Rajon Rhondo away for a few bucks was another bone head move under Sarver's reign. Kerr has done a good job with what he has had to work with. I believe the Shaq experiment was worth the try and they did a great job of getting out from under that move when it didn't work.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2009, 7:31 PM

Went to Suns/Nugs game here in Denver on Saturday, was a frustrating loss. Saw some good and bad things. Was great to see the bench contributing some valuable minutes. They played so well in the second quarter. Amundson was a beast, he had several blocks, putbacks and rebounds. The Nuggets couldn't do anything inside. Too bad that didn't continue in the second half.

The team needs to find some other options when Amare is shut down, or can't do anything. They kept throwing it in to him, especially late in the game, with no results.

Overall I like the look of the team though, and they should continue to improve. I noticed that they communicate well, and the coaching staff works with guys during timeouts and during breaks in the action. I think they have some good chemistry and that should serve them well as the season goes on.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2009, 1:39 PM

THE "CURSE" CONTINUES FOR THE SUNS.

Its now 17 games in a row that the suns lost while being hosted by TNT!

I dont know what it is with that network. Maybe they are waving an "evil wand" over the suns!

Or maybe the suns dont need an "evil wand" to be pathetic.

CHARLES BARKLEY is not one of my favorite persons, but when he said that

the suns are pathetic AFTER THE LOSS TO PORTLAND,

(where they had a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter)

and couldnt close out a banged up Portland team, I couldnt agree with him more.

Basically I think the suns are done.

Including that portland game, THAT WAS THE 4TH DAM GAME IN A ROW WHERE THEY BUILT A SIGNIFICANT LEAD AND LOST IT.

With that said, theres no point in hoping they will go ANYWHERE in the post

season.

Because they cant close teams out!!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 12:02 AM

Did anyone see the Suns/Bulls game on ESPN the other day? Notice how on the "aerial footage" they used a stock shot of downtown PHX at night. Only problem was, Patiots Square Park was still intact, no (formerly) Wachovia Tower and the Condo tower across the street from Chase wasn't there either.

Really, ESPN? Get some new footage!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 12:30 AM
BANNED

I doubt they care if it is current

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 12:41 AM

Hey, Vicelord.

Kinda off topic, but have you seen Clint Eastwood's 'The Gauntlet'? Most of the film was filmed in downtown PHX and in Superior.

The end of the movie has Eastwood crashing this bus on the steps at 2nd St and Adams where the Phx Symphony Hall now meets the Civic Plaza. Back then the space where the Civic Plaza is looked like a concrete park with trees and a fountain. Pretty cool to watch. I can put stills from the movie up if ya'll want to check it out.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 1:10 AM
BANNED

I remember those fountains there. They were kinda cool.

Never seen te mocie but ill download it.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 1:51 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofleos View Post
Hey, Vicelord.

Kinda off topic, but have you seen Clint Eastwood's 'The Gauntlet'? Most of the film was filmed in downtown PHX and in Superior.

The end of the movie has Eastwood crashing this bus on the steps at 2nd St and Adams where the Phx Symphony Hall now meets the Civic Plaza. Back then the space where the Civic Plaza is looked like a concrete park with trees and a fountain. Pretty cool to watch. I can put stills from the movie up if ya'll want to check it out.
You should. Ive seen the movie, its funny because at one point someone is giving Eastwood directions regarding Downtown Phoenix but clearly the screen writer didn't bother to look at a map. He tells him to turn on 2nd Avenue and then go down "Mesa Street" or something like that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest