HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 12:30 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

These are pretty sharp. Add to that the added activity and pedestrian traffic and I don't have any complains.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 1:52 PM

Trendy entertainment complex TopGolf eyes Nashville
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...golf-eyes.html

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 5:58 PM

10/31

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wjb13/15491591617/ by wjb13, on Flickr

Glass starting to go up on Gulch Crossings.

The Element on Music Row is up to the 4th or 5th floor now. Photo courtesy of MidTenn1...

Snapped a few pics of the SoBro site this past Saturday morning. There was plenty of activity going on.

Construction cam for the OneC1ty project is up, lots of activity going on there as well. Looks like the already have the foundation poured for the first building...https://oxblue.com/open/Cambridge/onec1tynashville

Last edited by MIRYDI; Nov 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 12:31 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Thanks for the updates, Mirydi; especially for us out of towners.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 1:26 AM

The big news keeps pouring in.

Bridgestone rules out convention center site; expected to land in SoBro
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...te.html?page=2

Quote:
Nashville-based Bridgestone Americas has ruled out moving its corporate headquarters to what is downtown's most high-profile real estate, where the city's original convention center stands today.
There's a $400 million development teed up for that location, anchored along Broadway, across from the arena bearing the Bridgestone name. The co-developers are longtime Nashville developer Pat Emery and national firm OliverMcMillan. In addition to office space, they are planning luxury retail, high-end apartments, an entertainment venue and a home for the new National Museum of African American Music.
According to multiple real estate sources, the convention center location became untenable for Bridgestone because construction would not be able to begin until summer 2015. That start date would mean an office building couldn't be ready before spring 2017, which is when Bridgestone's lease expires on its current headquarters. Among the many challenges with the convention center site is the fact that the adjoining Renaissance Hotel has to honor booked events in the convention center space.
Quote:
Instead, according to sources, Bridgestone is in talks with developer Highwoods Properties — and is expected to occupy a future office tower on land in SoBro that Highwoods acquired over the past few days.
Bridgestone, best known for making tires, is headquartered in Japan. Its U.S. subsidiary is among Nashville's 25 largest employers, with roughly 1,800 full-time equivalents, according to Nashville Business Journal research.
Bridgestone's relocation would be a coup for downtown, particularly if the company lands in fast-changing SoBro, the part of downtown south of Broadway. Presently, Bridgestone Americas is headquartered at 535 Marriott Drive, eight miles east of downtown, near Nashville International Airport.
Quote:
Within the past week, Highwoods spent $8.54 million buying land in SoBro. There were two separate purchases, totaling 0.98 acres. Combined, the moves give Highwoods control of the entire block bordered by Demonbreun Street, Fourth Avenue South, and Molloy and Almond streets.
The site sits between the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, and the Encore condo tower. Across Demonbreun Street is the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. One block away is the Pinnacle at Symphony Place office tower.
Highwoods bought the bulk of the land from Nashville developer Tony Giarratana, who for years had pursued an office tower he named Sheet Music.

"Highwoods doesn't do anything without a strong plan, so it would make sense they've got one in place for the Sheet Music site," said Chris Grear, a partner at Colliers International's Nashville brokerage firm.
It's been seven years since Nashville had so little top-grade Class A office space available to rent. Highwoods has done its part to contribute. The company paid $153 million in fall 2013 for the Pinnacle at Symphony Place office tower. In less than a year, Highwoods took the tower from 85 percent occupied to basically full, at an asking rate of $34 per square foot — the most expensive rent that exists in Nashville today.
Calls to Brian Reames, a senior vice president at Highwoods and the company's top Nashville executive, were not returned. Emery declined comment.
Currently, Bridgestone leases about 180,000 square feet. Bridgestone is seeking more than twice that amount of space, about 400,000 square feet or slightly more than that, according to sources.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 4:48 AM
Nashville born and raised

With 400,000 sf of space pre-leased, it seems you could leverage that into a building a 40+ story building.

Here's hoping for 45 floors at 650'!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
With 400,000 sf of space pre-leased, it seems you could leverage that into a building a 40+ story building.

Here's hoping for 45 floors at 650'!
I was thinking the same thing. Especially since there is a serious low level of class A office space in Nashville. Someone has to build the space based on speculation or Nashville will find itself losing out on relocations due to insufficient amount of office space. Bridgestone is a prime example due to their current lease expiring in the spring of 2017. As such they can't wait on the old convention center site. Nashville really needs multiple class A off buildings going up at the same time. I'm not suggesting Nashville go the way of China and some Dubai and build whole cities with no real potential for meeting the supply of space. However, Nashville needs to move while the momentum is there. Don't put the city in a place where projects are grounded before they even start because of another bust in the economy. Take advantage of the healthy economy and the interest in Nashville. Don't only ride the wave, keep the wave flowing so that if there is another bust in the economy Nashville is positioned to rebound at first signs of recovery.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 4:41 AM

Time for another update.

30+ Buildings 10 floors or more under construction or proposed.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

PROPOSED

UPDATED!!

Also known as “Sheet Music”

UPDATED!!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM. Reason: Updated Bridgestone and Turnberry

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 3:09 PM

^Awesome job MidTenn1!

Looks like you might need to move the Bridestone tower to under construction soon.

Bridgestone picks SoBro site for headquarters
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...obro/18790957/
Quote:
Bridgestone Americas plans to move its corporate headquarters from the airport area to a new office tower that Highwoods Properties would build south of Broadway.

A formal announcement and groundbreaking is expected Tuesday on the site at Fourth Avenue and Demonbreun next to the Encore condo tower.

Highwoods, the Nashville area’s largest office landlord, recently purchased the roughly 1-acre rectangular site from developer Tony Giarratana.
Quote:
Under Giarratana's original plans for the site, a mixed-use tower called Sheet Music would've risen 36 stories and included more than 600,000 square feet of space.

Two months ago, The Tennessean reported Bridgestone was exploring moving its headquarters downtown and seeking 400,000 square feet of space in a new building.

The tire maker had considered an office high-rise planned as part of redevelopment of the Nashville Convention Center. Bridgestone also looked at the SoBro property, which Highwoods and Giarratana reportedly had pitched jointly to potential office tenants.
Quote:
A Bridgestone move would be a big boost for downtown’s central business district. The U.S. subsidiary of Tokyo, Japan-based Bridgestone Corp. has roughly 1,000 corporate employees mostly at its current headquarters at Highland Ridge Tower at 535 Marriott Drive.

Bridgestone occupies nearly 90 percent of that overall 282,101-square-foot building where its lease expires in 2017.

State officials are expected to participate in Tuesday’s event at the SoBro site, which is bounded on the north by Demonbreun, west by Fourth Avenue South, east by Almond and the south by Molloy Street including 311 Demonbreun St., 200 Fourth Ave. S. and 210 Fourth Ave. S.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 3:22 PM

Quote:
^Awesome job MidTenn1! Looks like you might need to move the Bridestone tower to under construction soon.
Tomorrow! Things change too fast around here.

Just speculation on my part, but it sounds like they may go with the 36 story, 505 ft proposal since they are moving so fast and those plans may be further along. And I'm just fine with that.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 3:33 PM

^That's my guess as well. I suppose they could always just add floors if they needed more space...

That would seem much easier than a compete redesign.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 3:33 PM

And...WOW!

The Turnberrys are to reveal details about their proposed project at 8th and Demonbruen across from the Music City Convention Center.

From the Business Journal..

Quote:
National developer Turnberry Associates will reveal specific details today about a hotel and condo tower planned for land across the street from Music City Center in downtown Nashville.

What a week....and it's only Monday morning!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 4:45 PM

And here it is....

35 story, 600 room J W Marriott Hotel and a 22ish story office building.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 6:44 PM
Future God

Wow...what a day for nashville. She's a beauty!!!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:18 PM

Quote:
And here it is....

35 story, 600 room J W Marriott Hotel and a 22ish story office building.
Very nice. Should compliment the MCC very well. Kinda wish the smaller tower was 25 stories with the same design of the 35 story tower with the top portion pointing in the opposite direction for visual impact.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:25 PM
Chairman

Quote:
And...WOW!

The Turnberrys are to reveal details about their proposed project at 8th and Demonbruen across from the Music City Convention Center.

From the Business Journal..

What a week....and it's only Monday morning!
Pictured is Turnberry in Arlington, VA which is 27-stories, around 313 FT tall. If the design is the exact replica, then this would look nice within the Nashville skyline.

**EDIT: I missed MidTenn1's post. Even better compared to the Arlington, VA Turnberry. **

-sb

Last edited by shakman; Nov 10, 2014 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:24 PM

According to the Tennessean it looks like the Turnberry is expected to break ground in the summer of 2015 with a completion in 2017. Both the hotel and the office building will be built at the same time. The hotel will be 35 stories with a restaurant on top. The office portion is expected to be upwards of 25 floors. This will be a massive project.

JW Marriott, office tower planned on Methodist Publishing House site.

If what has been reported about the Hyatt Regency being a 16 story 400 room hotel is accurate, then that will boost the rooms available for the MCC. However, I was the Hyatt, I'd be reconsidering my design and height to have a bit more prominence in the skyline. I wouldn't want my brand being completely overshadowed by the JW Marriott and surrounding buildings in SoBro and the Gulch.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:34 PM

Thank you for the updates MidTenn, btw I like the newer uniform look of your info cards. The others are hard to keep up with, but with the consistent layout it makes a pretty easy to read summary of construction. I've updated the main page with the latest slide show.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 7:33 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nevergold View Post
Thank you for the updates MidTenn, btw I like the newer uniform look of your info cards. The others are hard to keep up with, but with the consistent layout it makes a pretty easy to read summary of construction. I've updated the main page with the latest slide show.
Agreed completely. MidTenn, you do an amazing job keeping this thread up to date, and thank you for that!! The new design to your cards is very pleasing and informative.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 8:55 PM

The Bridgestone HQ in SoBro; 30 stories, looks to be +/- 450'

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations