HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 9:07 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmAZCO View Post
The Suns should end up with a decent record, and I can't imagine that pick being a top ten. Maybe an 8 at best. Luckily the Suns as an organization have never been horrible, they haven't had to depend on getting high picks to turn things around (i.e. Spurs, Rockets, Cavs).
Well as Im sure you know, its a lottery, so if the Suns miss the playoffs anything could happen.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 9:19 PM

I'm just saying that if the Suns do miss the playoffs, I don't envision them being one of the worst teams. So the better your record, the lower your odds are of getting a high pick. At least that's how it's supposed to work in theory...

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 10:30 PM

I'm a life-long Suns fan. Oh, the heartbreaks we've been through eh Suns fans?

It's crazy to think how good some of our teams were and how poorly their play in the playoffs just killed their chances. Even when it's good play, something else happens, ie, Joe Johnson breaking his face from a dunk or two of our players getting suspended.

I think this team will be better than most think. They're fast, they have youth, and they still got Nash. He's gonna be a few steps slower, but for what he lacks in quickness he gains in his basketball smarts.

I'll put if officially down. They will win 54 games. Mark it down.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 10:38 PM
BANNED

Lol 54 would make them one of the elite teams. Not gonna happen brother.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 10:43 PM
them bones

37 wins...bank it...

I've never forgive them for trading Dan Majerle for 'Hot Rod'.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 4:01 PM
BANNED

Suns are the only good franchise in Phoenix. They consistently put a playoff bound team out each year. I hope they have enough this year to make it back to the playoffs, but it probably doesn't matter because the Lakers and Spurs look just too strong in the West.

Coyotes (adios eventually, and who really cares), Dbacks - are they supposed to be good with 24 year olds and the youngest manager in the league? Cards - so they had a winning season last year went to the super bowl, but they were still only 9-7. They'll be back to sucking it again this year (as it has already shown).

Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 4:17 PM
High Voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Suns are the only good franchise in Phoenix. They consistently put a playoff bound team out each year. I hope they have enough this year to make it back to the playoffs, but it probably doesn't matter because the Lakers and Spurs look just too strong in the West.

Coyotes (adios eventually, and who really cares), Dbacks - are they supposed to be good with 24 year olds and the youngest manager in the league? Cards - so they had a winning season last year went to the super bowl, but they were still only 9-7. They'll be back to sucking it again this year (as it has already shown).
You had me hooked until the second paragraph.

blah.

I care for the Coyotes. Sorry I don't think they are going anywhere soon. The Dbacks, I will agree with you somewhat. However, after this season, I see them making some major changes. Exactly what, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they let Hinch go too, he is just as ineffective as Melvin was. The Cardinals, it's too early to pass any real judgement upon them. I'd say they have a pretty good chance at making the playoffs again this year. One of their biggest hurdles to getting there, is going to be the much improved 49ers.

And...I'll be watching the Suns with quiet anticipation. I don't want to say much, but yeah, they are going to be a much better team than people are giving them credit for this year.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 2:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ4ate0 View Post
You had me hooked until the second paragraph.

blah.

I care for the Coyotes. Sorry I don't think they are going anywhere soon. The Dbacks, I will agree with you somewhat. However, after this season, I see them making some major changes. Exactly what, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they let Hinch go too, he is just as ineffective as Melvin was. The Cardinals, it's too early to pass any real judgement upon them. I'd say they have a pretty good chance at making the playoffs again this year. One of their biggest hurdles to getting there, is going to be the much improved 49ers.

And...I'll be watching the Suns with quiet anticipation. I don't want to say much, but yeah, they are going to be a much better team than people are giving them credit for this year.
TAZ,
So you agree with 50% of what I said...I'll take that. And you do agree that the Suns are the premier Phoenix franchise. Phoenix has and always be an NBA city.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 3:47 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Phoenix has and always be an NBA city.
Id expand that to say Arizona is a basketball state. From the Suns in the Valley/Central AZ, to UA in Southern AZ to the giant high school arenas up on the Indian reservations.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 5:08 PM
BANNED

Anyone know how to score some cheap tickets? Every now and then I'll get free tickets to the club lounge (Verve or Lexus Club whatever it is), but that place is terrible.

For those who don't know about it, its basically a club/lounge in USAC. Unless you are one of the fortunate to get a barstool at the edge, you have to watch the game on a flat screen on a couch and order sushi rolls and other BS food. You can't hear anything bc of the music being played, but then again it is FREE.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 5:18 PM
BANNED

go to suns ticket exchange. I have been buying preseason tickets for like $2.00

I'm starting to be depressed about this season. I've been spoiled too long by them having a great team.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 6:22 PM
BANNED

^^^ Thanks. I'll check it out for sure.

Hope the Suns surprise people this year, otherwise, "wait 'til next year".

Old Posted Oct 15, 2009, 4:49 PM
BANNED

finally they beat an NBA team.

It's pathetic that Amare Stoudemire plays 30 minutes and only manages 5 rebounds while Lou Amundson can play half the time and produce almost twice as much with no talent..

It's all about heart and desire, and amare has none. "I's gutta skour da baskatball koach ya hear wut i's sayin?" I wish someone would put his ass in check.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
BANNED

Amare's attitude/ego pissed me off a couple of seasons ago.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2009, 11:14 PM

They didn't look too good in their first game against the Los Angeles Clippers. I hope that's not a future indicator of what their season is to become

Old Posted Oct 30, 2009, 11:45 PM
BANNED

Well, as long as the centers are playing on the three point line, they will continue to do poorly.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2009, 3:56 AM

Currently watching the game and noticed that thier flyover downtown used for sponsers, is so outdated that not only is PSP still there but the parking lot where Cityscape is currently at, just pissed me off.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 4:30 PM

Somewhat encouraged so far. They've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat, but this road trip will be a huge test for them. I think they'll take a month or two to really find their rhythm, especially with Amare still working his way back into shape. I'm discouraged by the weak rebounding and lack of a legitimate center...but isn't that what we've come to expect from this franchise? I'm hoping they build on the good start and end up surprising a lot of people.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
37 wins...bank it...

I've never forgive them for trading Dan Majerle for 'Hot Rod'.
How about the SHAWN MARION TRADE for useless piece of mass

called "SHAQ"

Speaking of Marion: Guess who MARION is playing for?

"THE MAVERICKS".

This ought to be interesting when the suns play their first game with them.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 10:10 PM
BANNED

Channing frye says "you have to dig your hole before you can sit in it" in regards to him sinking threes. Talk about out of misuse...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest