HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:35 PM

At the very least, some landscaping and architectural lighting to make the place more inviting.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
I think the biggest issue is the next-door neighbor:

Exactly. They should have considered moving it out of downtown. Land prices are cheaper and it should be build somewhere away from civilization.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Exactly. They should have considered moving it out of downtown. Land prices are cheaper and it should be build somewhere away from civilization.
I guess the argument is that it is so close to the courthouse?

In other news, Huizar says they have $2 million to fix up Pershing Sq so far and are going to do a design competition and more fundraising. For god's sake, just let a park be a park for once and don't try to overthink and outdo everything. While there's a strong local sentiment to bring the park to its former park grandeur, I have my doubts that the people in charge see it that way.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudy View Post

In other news, Huizar says they have $2 million to fix up Pershing Sq so far and are going to do a design competition and more fundraising. For god's sake, just let a park be a park for once and don't try to overthink and outdo everything. While there's a strong local sentiment to bring the park to its former park grandeur, I have my doubts that the people in charge see it that way.
I remember in 1984 when they redesigned the park...they did so to prevent the problem that was there for years…vagrants laying all over the lawn passed out. It was really disgusting….but as we know now, the revised park strategy did not work. But…I will say nobody seemed to use the park prior to the "renovation". At least now they have good programming. Hopefully we have learned our lessons for the new Pershing Square.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
I think the biggest issue is the next-door neighbor:

Oh yeah.......I forgot about the prison. Thanks blackcat. Prisons do tend to dampen enthusiasm for moving into a neighborhood.

Thanks Brian and Brudy for the clarification.

And yes, Brudy, even inmates want a Starbucks and a Walgreens.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudy View Post

Yes, from your mouth to God's.....I mean to Huizar's ear. A park is a park is a park.

Old Posted Today, 1:34 AM

Just wondering how many highrises does the city of Los Angeles have in total?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations