HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
I've heard that before, I'm just being extremely cautious. Like I said in my previous post, Trump can put together funding, tenants, partners, ect., that other real estate developers don't or can't seem to do!
Trump has been eyeing Minneapolis for many yrs., he knows real estate & how to attract the right tenants for office buildings & residential towers. Trump would own the towers if he were to build in Minneapolis, he wouldn't lease his name out on it. When Trump owns his buildings, they tend to do very well. When he leases his name, the track record is spotty, at best. He likes Minneapolis & the potential of downtown. Trump has a long business relationship with numerous investors from the Twin Cities. He's a very close friend of your former Gov., Jesse 'The Body' Ventura. Something Trump wouldn't do is build some 25-story box residential tower, it would be tall & elegant. I do know the Trump Organization is very serious about Minneapolis, when or if he builds, there will be a great deal of publicity not just for his project, but for the city itself.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2014, 6:39 AM

^^ Nice to know!! Thanks. ^^

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 4:33 AM
Architecture/Engineering

Ridership on the newly-opened Green Line LRT has exceeded expectations, and has actually increased over the first week of operations. More than 32,000 people a day.

Photo by Michael Hicks, aka Mulad

Last edited by Avian001; Jul 3, 2014 at 4:54 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 7:08 AM

Read over at SSC about a survey about the top 15 metro areas for office building in 2013 and Des Moines was on the list. Minneapolis was not on the list, including TC's suburbs (where all/most of the office developent is actually being built)!! That's pretty sad for Minneapolis as far as I'm concerned... pretty sad!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Read over at SSC about a survey about the top 15 metro areas for office building in 2013 and Des Moines was on the list. Minneapolis was not on the list, including TC's suburbs (where all/most of the office developent is actually being built)!! That's pretty sad for Minneapolis as far as I'm concerned... pretty sad!
and yet the Twin Cities has the lowest unemployment of major metropolitan areas.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 12:04 AM

^^ MN/WI: True, but I was mainly speaking of office development.... which for the most part is happening in the 'burbs, not in the city! And speaking of employment, 4% is a great number.... unfortunately, the city of Minneapolis and St. Paul are much higher (probably in the 10% range)!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 3:15 AM
grizzled

Quote:
^^ MN/WI: True, but I was mainly speaking of office development.... which for the most part is happening in the 'burbs, not in the city! And speaking of employment, 4% is a great number.... unfortunately, the city of Minneapolis and St. Paul are much higher (probably in the 10% range)!
Nope. In the most recent report from Minnesota DEED, the rate was 4.2% in Minneapolis proper and 4.4% in St. Paul proper.

http://mn.gov/deed/data/current-econ...employment.jsp

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 6:55 AM

^ Thanks for the info! Now let's start building skyscrapers again!! ^

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 9:14 PM
Architecture/Engineering

Here's a rendering of the 264-room 5-star Conrad Hotel that will be going into a renovated Plymouth Building on Hennepin Avenue. The brand has 4 other hotels in the US (a 5th slated to open in 2015). From the Journal:

Last edited by Avian001; Jul 18, 2014 at 5:54 AM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 12:33 AM

^^ Avian: I saw that a couple days ago in the "Strib". I hope it end's up nice. Also I see the city wants proposals for the TCF site..... Finally, and I hope they're going to be decent sized! After all the TV coverage over the last 2-3 days, you can see where a few nice high rises would really be great! I'd like to be optomistic.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 4:40 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing a major new office tower in downtown, but don't you think you're exagerating a bit.

Under construction in downtown, we currently have:

1 million sf Wells Fargo development
225k sf Xcel Energy Office development
240,000 sf HQ for Be The Match, National Bone Marrow Research development

Not to mention, proposals by Opus and Hines...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 8:20 AM

^^ Of course I'm exagerating a little. When things are going fairly well.... you then want them to be great. Like a 30 story building that might be built.... you then try to sell the story to others and even developers (if possible) why it should be 50!! I know I'm crazy! A little over 1 million sq. ft. in downtown Minny after all these years isn't much at all in reality.... We'll see what happens!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 4:36 AM
Architecture/Engineering

Horst Rechelbacher's 12,000 sq. ft. condo hits the market for $8 million. Horst was the founder of both Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients.

Photo and story in the StarTribune

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 4:24 PM
Architecture/Engineering

Phase II of Zenith Condominiums is going to the city for approval. The 2nd building will be named Encore and consist of 122 rental units and will be 12 stories.

The new building is on the left and will face Gold Medal Park in downtown Minneapolis:

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 5:41 AM

Encore looks pretty good. Right are for that type development. Hope we get into some taller developments soon!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 8:18 PM
Architecture/Engineering

Alatus has released preliminary renderings for their 40-story apartment tower which will be located on Central Av & 2nd St. just across the river from downtown Minneapolis. Alatus wants to close on the property later this year with construction commencing "shortly thereafter." The height hasn't been released yet but should be in the 450-foot range.

Townhouses will ring the existing parking ramp to shield it from the street:

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 8:16 AM

I saw that over at SSC. (I finally signed up)! I hope this one goes through. It's quite a little distance from the core, but if the convention site is half as good as most say it will be.... it should balance the height differential quite well I think.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 12:50 AM

I thought this project might "Fire Up" the Base because of Lux's proposal!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 5:33 AM
Architecture/Engineering

As I mentioned on UrbanMSP this project is an interesting bookend to the same developer's 39-story Carlyle tower at the other end of the 3rd Avenue Bridge. He seems to have cornered the best views of the river. A "historic" building on the east bank of the bridge and an equally tall modernist tower on the west bank of the bridge. Nice juxtaposition.

Bravo. This is a smart developer. Opus, take note...

Last edited by Avian001; Aug 1, 2014 at 5:51 AM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 12:15 AM

^^ Let's hope there's a whole bunch of "Bookends" like this going up all over Downtown the next several years! ^^

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest