HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 4:45 AM
Engineer

Apartment guide in Salt Lake

I'm moving to Salt Lake in January with a friend and I simply want to get some guidance on what some of the best resources are in finding an apartment in Salt Lake City limits. I've looked around casually for the last couple of months in a few different places, but now that next year is coming up soon I need to settle on something.

Also, if you want to just make straightforward recommendations then this is what I'm looking for:

2 bed 2 bath, could be an apartment or town home. Probably not an old house. I would prefer that it is newer (last 10 years or so), well insulated, with good management. It could be anywhere in Salt Lake City limits, but preferably somewhere close to a TRAX station and easy freeway access. We're looking to spend no more than $1750 combined rent between the two of us. Around 1400 would be great.

A lot of the apartments I've looked into have been those that I've seen go from proposal to reality on this very forum, like Liberty Gateway, Seasons on City Creek, Encore Apartments, Seasons on the Boulevard, Liberty Village, Wilmington Flats, Liberty this, Seasons on that, etc... Any insight on those would be very much appreciated.

Also, if you guys currently love (or hate) where you live, or where you have lived in the past, please write about it.

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to go too far out of their way to help me out, but I appreciate any bit of insight. And perhaps there are others in the same boat as me.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 5:16 AM
Bring out the cranes...

I don't recommend the apartments at the gateway. My wife and I once looked at those, they were trashy and not well kept up. And the walls were paper thin. The hallways smelled like vomit. And the square footage was tiny. So that was 10 years ago so who knows maybe things have changed.

Sorry I can't be much help since I've never lived downtown but with all the new apartment complexs popping up everywhere it would seem you will have many options for something newer. Good luck in your search, and welcome to Utes country.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 5:27 AM

I live right downtown. I've had great experiences with Wasatch Property Management. Their properties are always well maintained and any issues I have had have been dealt with promptly. Some of their downtown properties are a bit pricey, but still within your budget.

Several of the properties also have townhomes that you can rent as well.

Here is a link to their webpage

http://www.isyourhome.com/utah/salt_lake_city

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 12:02 PM

Welcome to the forum GBurrow!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 10:19 PM

I live just outside downtown in the Lower Avenues. With a budget of $1400, I"m sure you can find something great. Cost of living is still pretty reasonable in almost every part of the city.

I'm in an old historic apartment building managed by Concept Property Management. They are by far my favorite property managers I've had yet and I'm would totally recommend them. I've done all my apartment hunting in the past on KSL or Craigslist, but I'm sure there are many other resources.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 12:54 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Welcome to the forum GBurrow!
Yes, welcome GBurrow. This is a great thread idea. I hope you find the perfect spot to live.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 5:03 AM

You could look into the Bridges at Cityfront or the 644 Lofts across the street. Both would fit your requirements and price range, both are relatively new, and they're right on the Trax line.

I'd advise against anything built by and operated by Seasons, such as Seasons at City Creek and Season at Library Square. The locations are amazing, but management really sucks (I mean, really sucks) and the building quality isn't great.

I used to live in one of the downtown Cowboy Properties (Liberty Midtown) and despite the criticism they usually receive on this forum for design and naming buildings, I really enjoyed living there. I thought management was very good, and was very satisfied with the quality of the building. And again, their locations are right in the thick of things.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West