HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 12:16 AM
Community Guy

FISE 2016 - Sept 16-18

http://www.fise.fr/en

What a coup for the City.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 3:49 AM

This is very cool.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 4:08 PM

Believe I read in one of the announcement articles that it was to be held at both Gallagher and Hawrelak Park, and also is on a 3 year agreement. Awesome news for the city!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 5:13 PM
Urban Advocate

Looks interesting. I'm sure the crowds will come out for it!
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 5:23 PM
Community Guy

It's FREE, so yes, crowds...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:03 PM

Very cool. Between this and Crashed Ice, Edmonton could really start to make a name as an extreme sports centre in Canada. Bring on the X-Games!

Speaking of Crashed Ice, has it been announced that it will for sure be going back and forth between Edmonton and Quebec City?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:04 PM
Community Guy

^we honestly should be working towards an X... our river valley would rock for it.

I believe we should get it back next year.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
^we honestly should be working towards an X... our river valley would rock for it.

I believe we should get it back next year.
Well, the locations are still to be determined for the 2017-19 X-Games. They're in Austin this year.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:12 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanYEG View Post
Very cool. Between this and Crashed Ice, Edmonton could really start to make a name as an extreme sports centre in Canada. Bring on the X-Games!

Speaking of Crashed Ice, has it been announced that it will for sure be going back and forth between Edmonton and Quebec City?
Crashed Ice will be held in Ottawa in 2017, but I'd bet that that will only be a one-time thing.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:18 PM
Community Guy

^was it 2018 then? Last I heard it was a 1-2 yr hiatus.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 1:30 PM
Community Guy

Reminder, coming soon to a city near you!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 8:43 PM
Community Guy

How to make the most of FISE World Edmonton

September 15, 2016

Edmonton is the first and only Canadian stop on the 2016 FISE World Series. Here’s what you need to know to make the most of this three-day, action sports festival.

The basics:

September 16-18, 2016
Hawrelak Park
Competitions for professional and amateur riders in four disciplines:
Skateboard
BMX Freestyle - a stop on the UCI BMX Freestyle Park World Cup
BMX Flat
MTB Mountain Bike Slopestyle
Competition hours: Friday 1-9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m.-7:10 p.m.
Family-friendly festival with activities, vendors & beer garden
Viewing areas & large screens
Free
How to get to FISE World Edmonton

There is no public parking at William Hawrelak Park or Emily Murphy Park. Please obey parking restrictions in adjacent neighbourhoods. Illegally parked vehicles will be tagged and towed. We encourage you to walk, ride your bike, take public transit or TappCar.

ETS Shuttles and Park & Ride Locations
View the FISE shuttle service details. Regular rates apply.

Friday, September 16 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Shuttle services are available from Health Sciences LRT Station and Windsor Car Park (parking fares apply).

Saturday, September 17 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday, September 18 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Park & Ride shuttles from:

Davies City Lot (86 Street and 61 Avenue)
Lewis Farms (1021 Webber Greens Drive)
Calder City Lot (124 Street and 124 Avenue)
Shuttle services from Health Sciences LRT Station and Windsor Car Park (parking fares apply).

Competitors are allowed to bring their bikes on FISE shuttles. Bikes will need to be on racks on regular bus routes. Bikes will be allowed on LRT, pending there is room to safely board and travel, except during peak hours Friday 4 - 5:30 p.m. Please note: from the start of service on Saturday, September 17 until the start of service on Monday, September 19, buses replace Metro Line LRT service. Capital Line trains run as scheduled.

There will be bike racks on site. These will be unmanned, so items are left at your own risk.

DATS and other accessible paid service vehicles will drop off passengers inside Hawrelak Park in the main parking lot.

TappCar is the official hired car service provider and will have a tent on site to assist with departures. Other than accessible vehicles, no other taxi or vehicle services will be permitted in the park.

Things to know: Bring your ID, smoke in designated area only, alcohol in designated area only, and have fun & cheer

What to leave at home: Outside beverages and alcohol, weapons, chairs, glass bottles, pets, and drones

Schedule: See the full schedule for three days of non-stop action in BMX, Skateboard and Mountain Bike

Amateur rider registration is now open. Yes, you can compete! There is no qualification or minimum ability required, however amateurs should be confident in their sport and are required to bring their own bike or skateboard and certified safety equipment. Minimum age is seven.

Activities: If you manage to tear yourself away from all the action at FISE, there’s plenty to do around the festival site. Land on a big airbag, take on virtual challengers in the iPlay Game Theatre, walk on water in a human hamster ball and more!

For more information:

fiseworldedmonton.com
edmonton.ca/FISE

Media contacts:

FISE World Edmonton
Amy McBain, Berlin Communications Cell: 780.288.9504

City of Edmonton
Amy Wolski, Communications Advisor Cell: 780.293.0220

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton