HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 27, 2015, 7:49 PM

Stantec

Stantec grows again:

"BURLINGTON, MASSACHUSETTS and EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Aug. 27, 2015) - North American design firm Stantec (NYSE:STN)(TSX:STN) will expand its Northeast presence with the planned acquisition of Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST), a 280-person Burlington, Mass.-based engineering, planning and environmental firm. With nine offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut and New York, FST complements Stantec's fast growing team of 1,200 people across the Northeast."

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...-england-s-fst

Old Posted Aug 27, 2015, 8:06 PM

They have been acquiring a lot of Environmental Planning Firms the last few years.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2015, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
They have been acquiring a lot of Environmental Planning Firms the last few years.
That is where the money will be for consultants in the new economy - environmental.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
That is where the money will be for consultants in the new economy - environmental.
No kidding. I can't tell you the number of useless Phase 2s I've seen engaged recently. After decades of clean Phase 1s, because of the digitization of a lot of historical surrounding land use information, it's like every Phase 1 raises red flags for urban core properties. And then the Phase 2 gets commissioned: ka-ching.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
No kidding. I can't tell you the number of useless Phase 2s I've seen engaged recently. After decades of clean Phase 1s, because of the digitization of a lot of historical surrounding land use information, it's like every Phase 1 raises red flags for urban core properties. And then the Phase 2 gets commissioned: ka-ching.
it's almost as bad with the phase 1's. you can't make any *&^% applications without a phase 1 that's less than a year old. and then you can't actually have any permits released without a phase 1 that's less than a year old. which is lots of fun when it takes more than a year to secure your permits and you need permits from multiple departments... even a full phase 2 won't get you out of that loop a year later.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton