HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Dec 22, 2012, 6:53 AM

ERBIL | ZANIYARI TOWERS | 42 fl | 3 × 24 fl | PROPOSAL

Located on the 60 meters road, and on the old Zanyari apartments which are already demolished and construction has began on the site.

Hawler city fans
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Last edited by Alan131210; Dec 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 11:26 AM

ERBIL | Empireworld | Residential towers Empire residential wings | 27 floors | 106

EMPIRE RESIDENTIAL WINGS

Empire Wings luxury apartments are located in the West and East of the Empire Project. A total of 1,898 apartments are spread over 26 buildings with 15 buildings on the West Wing and 11 buildings on the East Wing. Starting at 9 floors, the buildings gradually rise to 27 floors high.

The apartments are divided into the following:
• Studio apartments: 116 apartments with an area of 62m2.

• 1-bedroom: 372 apartments with areas ranging from (105 - 118)m2.

• 2-bedroom: 1,038 apartments with areas ranging from (170 - 177)m2.

• 3-bedroom: 332 apartments with areas ranging from (205 - 213)m2.

• 4 Bedroom: 32 Duplex apartments (2 Floors) with an area of 313m2 (Type 1).

• 4 Bedroom: 8 Duplex apartments (2 Floors) with an area of 359m2 (Type 2).

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 2:26 PM

ERBIL | Ranj Tower | 85 fl

This tower is the tallest building in Iraq.
85-Floor residential tower project - Warin City Administrative Region on 875,000 square meters of land is located in the city of Arbil, Iraqi Kurdistan.
Currently in applications such as area hospitals, residential towers, villa units, business center, fitness center and other city services is currently under construction.
Tower occupies 12,000 square meters, which is the form of the tower, the average floor area of about 2000 square meters, 220,000 square meters of tower infrastructure overall is shelf area of 160,000 square meters and includes:

A - public spaces and services and exercise classes to fourth floor:
- Hypermarket
- Coffee Shop
- Administrative and management
- Monitoring
- Amphitheater with a capacity of 600 people
- Fitness room
- Sports hall
- Billiard
- Pool
- Hall ceremonies and celebrations
- Multi-purpose hall
- Preschool
- One class restaurant with a capacity of at least 1,000 people

B - Residential Spaces
- 550 residential apartments to the area of 100 to 300 meters
- 32 suites (one-bedroom ) on floors 80 to 83

C - recreational space in the tower floor (penthouse)
- Outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Tennis
- Outdoor Amphitheatre
- Coffee Shop
- Playgrounds and child care

D - Parking

- 3-story parking garage with a capacity of 1300 cars.

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Jan 29, 2013, 4:49 AM

Ok so I'm going to Kurdistan in July for a week. I'm flying from Canada to Istanbul then to Erbil. I'm a white Canadian guy with a hell of a lot of travel experience. Does anyone have any tips for me? I am under the impression the people are very friendly and the security situation is pretty good. I make documentaries and I would love to do some filming and interviews with the locals. I want to highlight the rise of Erbil as 'the new Dubai' and show the world what Iraqi Kurdistan is all about!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 4:56 PM

Empire world mega development

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Ok so I'm going to Kurdistan in July for a week. I'm flying from Canada to Istanbul then to Erbil. I'm a white Canadian guy with a hell of a lot of travel experience. Does anyone have any tips for me? I am under the impression the people are very friendly and the security situation is pretty good. I make documentaries and I would love to do some filming and interviews with the locals. I want to highlight the rise of Erbil as 'the new Dubai' and show the world what Iraqi Kurdistan is all about!
great, let me know how i can help
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 AM

HEWLÊR | ERBIL | Central Park Residences | 11 × 25 fl

After the presentation of the a new project to the Government through our companies ( Moon Group and Barbyan Company), the project got licensed in order to demolish the existing buildings and place a new, modern elegant design in the same site.

11 Towers of 25 Floors containing 5 Different Types of Apartments

1+1 = 1 Bed + 1 Reception
2+1 = 2 Bed + 1 Reception
3+1 = 3 Bed + 1 Reception
3+2 = 3 Bed + 2 Reception
4+2 = 4 Bed + 2 Reception

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 6:45 AM

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 10, 2013, 7:22 PM
Beer Stampede

Wow!! I was impressed by the first page alone..but seeing the rest of the pages, things are really happening out your way. It looks like they can't get things built fast enough...can't wait to see more!!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
Wow!! I was impressed by the first page alone..but seeing the rest of the pages, things are really happening out your way. It looks like they can't get things built fast enough...can't wait to see more!!
yes indeed we are boom hungry we have been free since 1991 and been running as an autonomous region pretty much like North Ireland.

for more updates go here

http://kurdistanskyscrapers.com/forum/3529660/
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 1:23 PM

the reason behind all these projects and the economic boom in Kurdistan autonomous region.

Video Link
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 12:36 PM

Update on Naze Tower:

Location: Kirkuk Road (replacing Naze Mall and next to Tangram Hotel)
Cost: $120
Height: 275m and 65 floors
Includes 400 apartments and office rooms
Completion: 2015
Area: 32000 m2

This is the Tower Design which will replace Naza Mall. The top floor will be a restaurant and the guests will get to see all of the city from it. the underground car park can take 3000 cars. The owners are both local Kurds, they are the former owner of Naza mall Shahab Nuradin who owned Naze mall and the owner of Kurmanj company Sabah Nuri.

The Kurdish Engineer Firaz Ahmed undertaking the construction announced "we did not copy the architecture from any country, we had a look in UK, Turkey, Lebanon, Dubai, Kuwait, Iran and decided to take advantage from their high rise buildings but to build something specific for Kurdistan.

This tower is the tallest in the middle east.

Construction has began

http://www.facebook.com/TCHEERBIL
https://www.facebook.com/hawler.official.page
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Last edited by Alan131210; Feb 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 1:49 PM

^^ more updates to the above tower

another render

http://kurdistanskyscrapers.com/topic/8259107/1/#new
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 12:15 PM

ERBIL | Empire Business Towers | 4 × 22 fl

The main tower’s floors are divided into the following spaces:

• The basement and ground floors designated for information and office services.

• The first and second floors include a conference hall and a business center.

• 9 floors divided into 4 offices each with an average area of 221m2.

• 8 floors divided into 2 offices each with an average area of 510m2.

• 6 floors comprised of 1 office with an average area of 925m2.

The surrounding four towers that circularly enclose the main tower consist of 22

floors each. Each floor has an area of 830m2. with a total of 612 apartments catering for both commercial offices and residential apartments and can be partitioned according to the special needs of individuals or companies. These spaces have been divided as follows:

• 1-bedroom: 436 apartments with an average area of 108m2.

• 2-bedroom: 176 apartments with an average area of 147m2.

MPIRE WORLD sign a contract with Turkish company BIRART GROUP to build two towers EMPIRE BUSINESS TOWERS

At three o'clock in the afternoon on Monday day on February 11, 2013 meeting was held in Mqraam Empire World between the two (BIRART GROUP) Turkish Company (EMPIRE WORLD) during which the conclusion of a contract for the Implementation of Two Towers, "Empire Business Towers". The meeting was attended by all of the glorious Mr. Bicherh and Daza Yi president of Empire World and Mr. Mohammad Kayhan Walker director of Berart Group company. The signing ceremony was held in an atmosphere of enthusiasm and seriousness to initiate action in the implementation of this great edifice.

It is worth mentioning the planned towers will be built in accordance with the contract, located in the southern side of the main Empire Tower, which overlook the villas and apartments Royal City.

They are built on a land area of ​​16,500 square meters and the total area of ​​the building is 40,000 square meters, each respective tower rises 75 meters on the surface of the project consists of 22 floors and each floor of them can accommodate 7 rate of office space (130 - 150) sqm each office. The towers are designed according to urge universal custom designs for corporate offices and giant companies can book more than an office or even entire floors if necessary.

The Company Has identified 30 months to complete this project as fully as it came in the decade, the Altfesbl art following the most important characteristic of the project in terms of quality and specifications required, as will the overall structure of Towers Concrete armed resistant tremors and external influences and encases exoskeleton glass heat-insulated type Double Jam and also will protect the towers system sophisticated fires (system sprinklers) Self supporting doors fire resistant, too, and 4 lifts (3 members 1 services) works b cardi electronic addition to the exits of emergency cooling systems VRV and surveillance system CCTV and communication networks and the Internet via fiber optical FIBER OPTIC.

http://kurdistanskyscrapers.com/topi...=0#post8039234
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Last edited by Alan131210; Feb 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 5:06 AM

Erbil | Future City ( Twin Towers )

Located on Gulan road next to Naz city

http://kurdistanskyscrapers.com/topic/8494455/1/#new
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 11:53 PM

Update on Naze tower

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 6:44 AM

Kurds long for independent future

At an elite private school in the autonomous Kurdistan region, children learn Kurdish and English before Arabic. University students dream of jobs in Europe, not Baghdad. And a local entrepreneur says he doesn't like doing business elsewhere because areas outside Kurdish control are too unstable.

In the decade since U.S.-led forces invaded i-rack, Kurds have trained their sights toward Turkey and the West, at the expense of ties with the still largely dysfunctional rest of the country.

Aided by an oil-fueled economic boom, Kurds have consolidated their autonomy, increased their leverage against the central government in Baghdad and are pursuing an independent foreign policy often at odds with that of i-rack.

Kurdish leaders say they want to remain part of i-rack for now, but increasingly acrimonious disputes with the i-racki government over oil and territory might just push them toward separation.

"This is not a holy marriage that has to remain together," Falah Bakir, the top foreign policy official in the Kurdistan Regional Government, said of the Kurdish region's link to i-rack.

A direct oil export pipeline to Turkey, which officials say could be built by next year, would lay the economic base for independence. For now, the Kurds can't survive without Baghdad; their region is eligible for 17% of the national budget of more than $100 billion, overwhelmingly funded by oil exports controlled by the central government.

Since the war, the Kurds have mostly benefited from being part of i-rack. At U.S. prodding, majority Shi'ites made major concessions in the 2005 constitution, recognizing Kurdish autonomy and allowing the Kurds to keep their own security force when other militias were dismantled. Shi'ites also accepted a Kurd as president of predominantly Arab i-rack.

Still, for younger Kurds, who never experienced direct rule by Baghdad, cutting ties cannot come soon enough.

More than half the region's 5.3 million people were born after 1991, when a Western-enforced no-fly zone made Kurdish self-rule possible for the first time by shielding the region against Saddam Hussein. In the preceding years, Saddam's forces had destroyed most Kurdish villages, killing tens of thousands and displacing many more.

Students at Erbil's private Cihan University say they feel Kurdistani, not i-racki, and that i-rack's widespread corruption, sectarian violence and political deadlock are holding their region back.

"I want to see an independent Kurdistan, and I don't want to be part of i-rack," said Bilend Azad, 20, an architectural engineering student walking with a group of friends along the campus. "Kurdistan is better than other parts of i-rack. If we stay with them, we will be bad like them, and we won't be free."

Kurds are among the main beneficiaries of the March 20, 2003 U.S.-led invasion that ousted Saddam, and sympathy for America still runs strong here.

Rebaz Zedbagi, a partner in the Senk Group, a road construction and real estate investment company with an annual turnover of $100 million, said his success would have been unthinkable without the war.

The 28-year-old said he won't do business in the rest of Iraq, citing bureaucracy and frequent attacks by insurgents, but said opportunities in the relatively stable Kurdish region are boundless.

"I believe Kurdistan is like a baby tiger," said Zedbagi, sipping a latte in a Western-style espresso bar in the Family Mall, Irbil's largest shopping center. "I believe it will be very powerful in the Middle East."

The Kurdish region has undergone a dramatic transformation in the past decade.

Its capital, Irbil, once had the ambiance of a large village. It has grown into a city of 1.3 million people, with the beginnings of a skyline, several five-star hotels and construction cranes dotting the horizon.

The SUV-driving elites have moved into townhouses in new communities with grand names like "The English Village." Irbil's shiny glass-and-steel airport puts Baghdad's to shame.

The number of cars registered in the province of Irbil - one of three in the Kurdish region - jumped from 4,000 in 2003 to half a million today and the number of hotels from a handful to 234, said provincial governor Nawzad Mawlood.

Planning Minister Ali Sindi took pride in a sharp drop in illiteracy, poverty and unemployment in recent years.

But the Kurds have a lot more work cut out for them. The region needs to spend more than $30 billion on highways, schools and other basic infrastructure in the next decade, Sindi said. A housing shortage and a high annual population growth rate of almost 4 percent have created demand for 70,000 new apartments a year.

There's also a strong undercurrent of discontent, amid concerns about the concentration of power in the hands of a few. Opposition activists complain of official corruption, and the international group Human Rights Watch said security forces arbitrarily detained 50 journalists, activists and opposition figures in 2012.

The region's parliament "is weak and cannot effectively question the (Kurdish) government," said Abdullah Mala-Nouri of the opposition Gorran party.

Iraq's central government strongly opposes the Kurds' quest for full-blown independence.

Iraqi leaders bristle at Kurdish efforts to forge an independent foreign policy, and the two sides disagree over control of disputed areas along their shared internal border. In November, Kurdish fighters and the Iraqi army were engaged in a military standoff, and tensions remain high.

Oil is at the root of those disputes.

Iraq sits atop the world's fourth largest reserves of conventional crude, or about 143 billion barrels, and oil revenues make up 95 percent of the state budget. Kurdish officials claim their region holds 45 billion barrels, though that figure cannot be confirmed independently.

The central government claims sole decision-making rights over oil and demands that all exports go through state-run pipelines. The Kurds say they have the right to develop their own energy policy and accuse the government of stalling on negotiating a new deal on sharing oil revenues.

The Kurds have also passed their own energy law and signed more than 50 deals with foreign oil companies, offering more generous terms than Baghdad.

An oil company doing business in the region, Genel Energy, began shipping Kurdish oil by truck to Turkey in January.

The planned direct export pipeline is of strategic importance, said Ali Balo, a senior Kurdish oil official. "Why are we building it? Because we always have problems with Baghdad."

The project also highlights Turkey's growing involvement in the region, a marked change from just a few years ago when ties were strained over Ankara's battle against Kurdish insurgents seeking self-rule in Turkey.

Mutual need forged the new relationship.

Turkey, part of the region's Sunni Muslim camp, needs more oil to fuel its expanding economy. It prefers to buy from the Kurds rather than the Shiite-led government in Baghdad, seen as a member of the region's rival Iranian-influenced axis. The Kurds, also predominantly Sunni, need Turkey not just as a gateway for oil exports but also as a business partner.

Almost half of nearly 1,900 foreign companies operating here are Turkish, government officials say. Seventy percent of Turkey's annual $15 billion Iraq trade is with the Kurdish region.

In a sign of the times, Turkish and English are the languages of instruction at a top private school in Irbil. During music class at the Bilkent school, third-graders sitting cross-legged on a large carpet sang "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" in Turkish, followed by "London Bridge" in English.

The 351 students start studying Kurdish, the native language of most, in third grade. Arabic is introduced last, in fourth grade.

The curriculum reflects the priorities of the school's founder, a member of Iraq's ethnic Turkmen minority. But it also suits Kurdish parents who believe their children's future is tied to Turkey.

Oddly, Turkish-Kurdish ties are flourishing at a time of continued cross-border violence.

Turkish warplanes routinely strike bases of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, a Turkish rebel group operating from the Qandil mountains of Iraq's Kurdish region. The PKK launches raids into Turkey from its mountain hideouts.

Both sides are simply keeping the two issues separate.

Turkey has stopped linking improved ties with Irbil to resolving Turkey's conflict with the PKK, a fight which has claimed thousands of lives since 1984. The Kurds keep quiet about Turkish airstrikes on their territory.

As problems with Baghdad fester, Kurdish officials say their region's departure from Iraq is inevitable. Many here dream of an independent Kurdistan, made up of parts of Syria, Turkey, Iran and Iraq, home to more than 25 million Kurds.

"As a people, we deserve that," said Bakir, the foreign policy official. "We want to see that in our lifetime."

But with key allies such as the U.S. and Turkey opposed to splitting up Iraq, the Kurds say they won't act with haste or force.

Asked if the Kurdish region would declare independence once it can export oil directly, Bakir said: "We will cross that bridge when we get there. At this time, we are still committed to a democratic, federal, pluralistic Iraq."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03...#storylink=cpy
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 6:46 AM

DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted May 7, 2013, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corda View Post
News of this type of development occuring in Iraq needs to get out! Especially if a lot of the development will rely on tourism.
Are there other regions in the country developing at such a fast pace?

Very modern, very impressive.
Most unsettling, in seeing all these photo's, is how car-centric this city appears, like an early Houston, TX, towers scattered everywhere!

I've become such a lazy tourist, that I'll only travel where there's a train to meet me at the Airport, and I can get a rail pass to navigate the city, where I won't need to get behind the wheel of car!

So it's unlikely I'd ever visit this city!

Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Most unsettling, in seeing all these photo's, is how car-centric this city appears, like an early Houston, TX, towers scattered everywhere!

I've become such a lazy tourist, that I'll only travel where there's a train to meet me at the Airport, and I can get a rail pass to navigate the city, where I won't need to get behind the wheel of car!

So it's unlikely I'd ever visit this city!
http://www.kurdishglobe.net/display-...1B878BB3A8EDFD

There are plans to construct railways and tramways in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. It's ongoing projects right now, so don't worry!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa